1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I lost my hosting.... LACEHOST revoked my hosting and will not refund me

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Acecool, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie00420

newbie00420 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, what a shady host... I will definitely stay away from them.Sounds like the host lost his data by accident in the migration to a new server and trying to cover it up, who in there right mind would delete there own database without knowing? It is pretty hard to misunderstand DELETE

If he broke the TOS, why are you sending him e-mails like that? He should be terminated and that's that... this makes you look even worse.

newbie00420, Sep 24, 2008 IP
    deakster likes this.
  2. nandalinnaung

nandalinnaung Peon

Best Answers:
    that's a bummer....

i use surpass hosting and web hosting buzz

they are okay so far with me

nandalinnaung, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  3. onlyfights

onlyfights Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I find it funny that someone from the company in question would actually continue to discuss this..

It will only mean bad news even if he won the argument lol

Cheap host = Horrible service

onlyfights, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  4. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    Another reason that I only deal with American companies, whenever possible.

Shame on you Lace Host!!!

P.S. I did read the WHOLE thread.

glenndorsey, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  5. R-ampage

R-ampage Banned

Best Answers:
    Who in their right mind wouldn't defend for themselves when being bashed on a huge public forum? I'm pretty sure that if you've read the thread, it said somewhere that someone else may have gone on his account

Just because something is cheap doesn't mean it's bad, people may make it cheap to build a customer base and get some reviews. I wouldn't be surprised if you've bought something that was cheap when there were more expensive alternatives out there.

Wow.. Racism at its finest?

R-ampage, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  6. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    How is my statement related to any race? Nationalist, no doubt, but not racist at all. America is not comprised of any single race. Are you familiar with the "melting pot" concept?

Without any doubt, this is a PERFECT example of why I would NEVER buy any service from India. Never! Would I buy from an Indian? Sure, but not one located in India.

7. R-ampage

R-ampage Banned

Best Answers:
    I would imagine New Zealand to be a lot more culturally diverse than America :)

I'm not Indian myself but I find it hard to believe that just because something isn't based in America, you won't buy from them. Why not? Is that not prejudice?

Anyway, this is waaaay off-topic

8. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    should have at least let the dude get his websites off before they got deleted

templates, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  9. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:

Not sure about NZ. More culturally diverse? I have no idea. The point is that America is not a "race", it's a "nation". Having pride in one's nation, and tending to trust service providers more when they originate from it, is not racist at all. Comprende amigo? :)

I tend to not trust any service provider located in a third world country, and for a very good reason.

Yep, enough said on that.

P.S. Booooo Lance Host!!!!!!

10. R-ampage

R-ampage Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah dude whatever, I don't see the point why we should keep on arguing and make mountains out of molehills (is that the correct idiom?) even though I can find quite a few flaws in that statement of yours :rolleyes:

@templates: Ishan said this before
    ;)

Once my internet is make to normal, I'll be buying a package from Lacehost to host the websites that I flip so I don't have to move them on/off my server as it takes so long for me.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

11. glenndorsey

glenndorsey Guest

Best Answers:
    You're belief that I am being racist for wanting to buy from within my own country is moronic at best. That's not a personal insult, just an opinion on a thought. For some reason you found that to be very important.

The truth is that third world countries like India are beds of internet fraud. I would never trust my money or my sites in an Indian (the country, not the people) company. The way that this Indian crap web hosting company screwed this poor guy by keeping his money, and most likely screwing up his site, backs up my thoughts. No wonder even Adsense would rather run away from India.

Oh yeah, I'm curious why you seem to be so interested in coming to the aid of Lance Host. Very interesting.....

glenndorsey, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  12. xous

xous Active Member

Best Answers:
    If we had done I would figure out which customer of mine was having the issue and review the ticket and attempt to reach an agreement with the customer.

The problem I have with this ticket is that a situation like that would never occur at Ezhoster because if we were to terminate the contract due to TOS/AUP the client would have received either a full or pro-rated refund for the services not rendered minus domain registration fees.

To do anything else would be stealing.

So to answer the question if the client has a valid issue with our services that they felt were not fairly resolved by our staff would be quite upset with our support staff that they were not able to resolve the issue properly.

My main issues with LaceHost's reactions regardless of if Acecool is telling the truth are:
    1) They terminated his account for asking for advice on a forum.
    2) They termianted his account without refunding the services they did not render.

As far as I can tell Acecool as not said anything false nor has Ishan refuted anything except the existence of the missing database. I also do not see a provision in LaceHost's terms of service that if the account is terminated due to the AUP/TOS refunds will not be issued.

I'm also quite disturbed that (if the email Acecool posted is from Ishan is really from Ishan) he directly called a customer a liar. This would be grounds for immediate termination regardless of the reason at any of the hosts I've worked for.

cPanel backups are fairly unreliable and need to be double checked after the move to make sure everything was backed up and restored. Particularly databases in most cases.

xous, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  13. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do hosts threat like that?

wmghori, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  14. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    Hahaha. he isnt even defending the fact that ishan is saying he never had a database.

Acecool are you saying you actually never had a database? And made the whole thing up?

Still staying with lacehost :) Like i say. You never know till you try. Its not the price that makes it shady. or that its in india. I buy cheap toothpaste. Doesnt mean it cleans your teeth any less than expensive. Even if i buy toothpaste made in china. It isnt any less of a toothpaste then that made in the USA.

PeoplesArcade, Sep 25, 2008 IP
    R-ampage likes this.
  15. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a database on the old site (old datacenter) and it disappeared when it was moved to the new one.. YES, I DID have a database on my server, and it was there until they moved to the new datacenter...

The picture in ishans email shows him logged into the old data center IP (which I just checked too) which shows no database - if you go into phpmyadmin it showed that mysql was up for around 1 hour - where would the DROP db logs me, maybe we can pull that info?

EDIT: Also, to the people not wanting to buy from another country other than America, please be reasonable?! Just because it was made elsewhere doesn't mean it is not good... The hosting in this case was ok up until this database issue where they said I never had a database...

If my website does not have a database, my cms kills the page with the message (Could not select database or No database selected or something along these lines)

Here is the internet archive: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.acecoolco.com - shame they dont have an up to date one with the error message...

FOUND IT WITH ERROR MESSAGE: GOOGLE CACHE SEPTEMBER 17 http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...e+site:acecoolco.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

A FEW DAYS EARLIER ON SEPTEMBER 13 WITH A DATABASE
    http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...e+site:acecoolco.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

Acecool, Sep 25, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  16. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    MORE PROOF!!!

LAST VISIT TO SITE ON OLD DATA CENTER ON SEPTEMBER 13th, same as the first cache... THE DATABASE WAS THERE ON OLD SERVER!!!!!!!! (This is from me just now logging in to the old datacenter server which ishan has provided the ip to in his email on the photo)

Days later on the new datacenter server, the database was NOT there!!!!!! - meaning someone deleted it on the new datacenter or the cpanel backup did not copy it right... The database should still have been on the old datacenter server then....

image here: [​IMG]

Acecool, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  17. Mystik

Mystik Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really.. i mean i havent used to many host so i dont know if mine is cheap or not but to me it is. I pay a hundred dollars a year for my host and the service is actually pretty good. I haven't had any problems with them at all.

Mystik, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  18. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Everyone,

I am sorry, the above posts are just too many to quote.

1.) Yes, the email that Josh has posted (again flouting the rules) , is from me.
    2.) Yes, when we transferred the account, the account on old server did NOT contain the database, as shown in the screenshot. Yes, the site seems to be database driven, & there should have been a database, but when we backed up the account, there was no database in it.
    3.) The same backup was restored onto new servers & obviously did not contain the database.

4.) We are still fighting it out, as we are not scammers or liars, who would have let the thread die out.

@newbie
    We want to clear our name from this incident, which is why we are emailing him & still posting here. Does not make us a Shady host in any way, does it ? Also, we are not claiming he removed the database, we only say it does not exist. His account could have been hacked as well, as we have tried to tell him.

@glenndorsey,
    I am not sure what you have against Indians, but you have mentioned that you would get a service from an Indian if it is based in the USA. Our case is the same, our servers & technicians are in USA , only the service is owned by me, & I am an Indian (& proud to be one)

This comment is totally unwarranted. As you have claimed to have read the full thread, I can see that your AMERICAN EDUCATION is only good enough to teach you how to read , but not understand any of it. I am sure you would be getting a lot of reds from fellow Indians on this forums. And yes, DP has a separate forums called Politics & religion, so you could post your views on India in that forum.

@xous,
    I know that sometimes cPanel's backup can be unreliable. In this case, as I have shown in the screenshot, the database did not exist at the time when we backed up & moved the accounts.
    As I have said, he is lying about things or is pretty ignorant to see the truth. Also, the refund is not a problem (its just some small $10 amount) & the terminated account's data is backed up on our backup drives.
    The termination would not have happened if Josh had not broken our policies, & then gone ahead & lied about us.

@R-ampage & PeoplesArcade,
    Nice to see some members that actually read the whole thing & have the common sense to see the truth.
    @PeoplesArcade, thank you for ordering your new account, I wish you best luck with your websites.
    @R-ampage, we look forward to hosting your websites.

Ishan

ishan, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  19. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    The google cache shows that on the day of the move the database was there, and a few days after - on the new server, the database was NOT there... I did not delete it which must mean one of your crew.

-Josh

Acecool, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  20. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    Still no reply from ishan? I am surprised, did I finally, once and for all prove to him that the database existed on the old datacenter server up to the point of moving and they messed up???

I got all those screens from the old server with the last access etc in AWSTATS, and the google cache lines up perfectly with the last access date of September 13th with the database intact, and the next one that was found was on September 17th with NO DATABASE on the NEW SERVER!!!!

Edit: I am locked out of old datacenter again........

Acecool, Sep 25, 2008 IP
    jamuna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.