1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I lost my hosting.... LACEHOST revoked my hosting and will not refund me

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Acecool, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lalitnagrath

lalitnagrath Banned

Best Answers:
    just to clear thigns up , you would no longer host my website as it was warez , so i had to move to another host , what i want from you was backup and the fact is i didnt got any backup from you and you should accept that .

As i have said i have forget that , but i thought of teaching you a important funda of bussiness and that is to care for your Customer

i know you provide reliable hosting ( and i was a happy customer till that warez thing happened) but i didnt like your attitude . one email you would have sent me that day and today i would have been to your side !

lalitnagrath, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  2. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You earn hundreds of dollars per day but have $1 per month hosting.....? You made a mistake in choosing that host.

live-cms_com, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  3. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You guys are not understanding the problem here. Josh is blaming us for something which we did not do. I terminated the account because of a breached policy & the negative review came AFTER that.

If you have read the whole thread you should have known this by now.

Lalit,
    Again, read it carefully, I have specifically said that I will provide the backup, but it would not be till the authorities handed control back to us (LaceHost). You were not prepared to wait & you went ahead. I got the backup ready around 10 hours after you messaged me saying that you had moved & started afresh.

I tried to make the backup available only because I CARE for my clients. The only problem was that I was not allowed to take backup as it involved legal authorities at that time, & I got the backup after the legal authorities had left the case.

190 of our 250 + DP clients use that plan. $1 hosting does not make it unreliable or untrustworthy.

ishan, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  4. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    another 'manashosting like' is shaping?

jamuna, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  5. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not worried about the database that I lost, I was able to recreate it, I only mainly lost the user registrations (They can re-register) I am mainly upset that the account was terminated because of their "Privacy Policy" which is only supposed to STATE how they protect US, THE CONSUMER!

And, no where in their terms does it say that our accounts will be terminated for posting the service tickets for the public.

ALSO, the 29 pages of "good" reviews are not "reviews" they are mainly - "YES, I want to buy" type replies.. furthermore you posted it in the FREEBIES area, making it impossible for people to leave actual ratings on your account, it says the thread is invalid due to being in the freebies category...

I had all the cms scripts etc that I coded, I just didnt have the database so, whatever.. I am now with TMDhosting, any and all support tickets are answered and solved within 15 minutes, and they have a LIVE CHAT and LIVE TELEPHONE support which they actually ANSWER!!!

Acecool, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  6. Brianh

Brianh Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to hear that. I find Bluehost very good but it is a little expensive and way to big for my needs. I will go backup everything I have right now ;) just in case...

Brianh, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  7. xous

xous Active Member

Best Answers:
    So LaceHost had agreement with the "server provider" and for some reason the "server provider" suspended and terminated the server that Acecool resided on. Acecool did not have any direct agreement or contact with the "server provider".

If that is true then unfortunately I would still lay the blame at LaceHost's feet because Acecool had nothing to do with the "server provider".

I admit the "server provider" didn't respond in a way I would consider acceptable.

If you backups were done weekly with a daily incremental backup why wasn't Acecool's database in the backup?

I can only think of a three reasons:
    1) The backups are too old
    2) The backups did not complete properly or there is a flaw in you backup system.
    3) Acecool made the missing database issue up.

Ah, it looked like support ticket. Sorry for the mistake.

I don't see any bashing in this thread as all he has stated is the following:

You terminated his account for posting about the issue on the forum.
    Because of an issue with the data center his account was suspended and after he was missing a database.
    You refuse to refund the remainder of the hosting service you have not delivered.

Is there another thread where he makes statements that are untrue?

"I have been hosted here for a while with next to no complains..." this doesn't sound like some one out to bash you.

xous, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  8. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do you even care to read the truth ?

Lalit is Lying about his problem. He was offered backups (yes, they would take a few hours to procure) , but he declined & started afresh. We did not force him to do anything, neither did we decline backups.

You broke a policy & you were terminated for it. Reading people's replies, I have to agree it looks a bit overboard. But, terminating someone is not the end of life at LaceHost. We do keep a backup of the terminated account.
    If you are agreeing to forget all this, & edit all your posts which breach our policies, I would be willing to restore that backup (dated 16/9/2008 - dd/mm/yyyy) & allowing access to it.

We cannot control what people post, but you will see a huge number of positive reviews in those 28 pages.
    I did not post it in Freebies, it was moved to freebies due to the $5 & under , rule, & I am completely opposed to the move from web hosting section to freebies section.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, that is not Acecool/Josh's fault or problem. But due to it, we were forced to move out. Again, while moving , we took the 2 latest backups (daily & weekly) of all accounts on our 3 servers with them & restored them on our servers with other datacentres.

Daily & weekly , non-incremental backups.
    1.) Backups were the ones prepared on the day of the move & the weekly backup was of the Sunday before the move. Not old, surely.
    2.) We use cPanel's default backup system, & Acecool's account is not huge, for it to cause a problem while preparing backups. We moved over 300 accounts & how can only this account not be backed up correctly ?
    3.) Looks like it (unless someone hacked is account & removed the db)

Bashing = Negative review is fine with us.
    Posting ticket details was & is the reason for termination & that makes him ineligible for refund.

Again, if he is willing to mend his ways, by editing all posts which contain the ticket details & posts following those including the same things, we would restore the backup of his account that we have (& does not contain the database) , so that he can retrieve his remaining files.

Ishan

ishan, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  9. R-ampage

R-ampage Banned

Best Answers:
    I know I'm not involved in this, but Xous, how would you feel if I made a thread with the title:
    I lost my hosting.... EZHOSTER revoked my hosting and will not refund me

And why else would Acecool make a thread with such a title? What other intention could he have apart from an attempt to stain Lacehosts reputation? :)

R-ampage, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  10. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    Tbh. Even after all this i will stay with lacehost. If you dont keep backups of your own site then your an egg. Not to mention. Suspending an account does not delete the databases. And as for the person hiring warez. Well then what do you expect tbh...

Anyone reading this who is NOT with lacehost. Then dont let this taint it. make your own mind up. I currently run a heap of sites through lacehost without a hitch. My AWStats went down a while ago. back up within a day. No problems what so ever. Infact i havnt noticed my SITES being down at all since being with them.

PeoplesArcade, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  11. Host Website

Host Website Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lace Host, you are losing a lot of your reputation over this.

Host Website, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  12. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I see people are changing their minds now , once they have read the actual story.

It should be " revoked my hosting and will not refund me " , when we have actually not done anything wrong.

Thank you, I looked you up in our client's list & found you. I would love to see your other websites also hosted with us.

Actually, reading the last replies, things are changing in this thread. Those potential clients who read this thread would read the whole thread & they will signup :)

To give you a few inner details, I got 5 new clients due to all the bumps that this thread (& my sales thread) are receiving.

Ishan

ishan, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  13. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    You probably lost 5 due to this thread too.. I have given all this information to my bank and they are siding with me, they say I should have my refund within 2 weeks.

Acecool, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  14. tommyg3355

tommyg3355 Peon

Best Answers:
    For a company to let this play out like this on public forums is just really bad taste no matter who is right/wrong and considering the amount (or lack of) at stake here, it really shows lameness...I don't know how much each of your time is worth ... don't tell me its fighting for principle, there's 1000 other wrongs that goes on in a month against principle that you can pursue. Refund the guy's money and request the threads to be deleted in exchange.

tommyg3355, Sep 23, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  15. KyserSoze

KyserSoze Member

Best Answers:
    I have to say laceHost looks really bad here, instead of fixing the issue they revoke your account because you were looking for help? Thats not good business practices at all, you would think that a reputable company would try and fix the issue so that the customer is content and can repost saying the company backed him/her up and fixed the issue.

I am not quick to give negative feedback on companies but if I were too I would expect for them to fix it and not to act like little kids and revoke or cancel my hosting. On top of that they are trying to keep his money!!!

TERRIBLE!!!!

Customer Service don't live here no more - LaceHost motto :)

KyserSoze, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  16. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The refund is a not a problem dude, your lying IS.

I now have proof of your lies, I will be sending it to you soon & allow you 24 hours to make a decision. Otherwise , I will post it here on DP & everyone can see for themselves.

Lying about us, & staking it out here is only to earn some money. We are not going to give in to this, now that we have proof that Josh was lying.

Read the whole thread dude, before you make your comments.

Ishan

ishan, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  17. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    i smell something..
    The whole conversation looks like a way to 'pump' this thread.........................

jamuna, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  18. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    The proof he is talking about is that someone deleted the database, It is uploaded on my server for all to view.. I will not issue any apologies for your shortcomings, those apologies are for you to give.

Once again, view all the images of these discussions here: http://www.acecoolco.com/lacehost/

Acecool, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  19. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, my old site did have a database, are you calling me a liar?

Acecool, Sep 24, 2008 IP
  20. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is his email for all to read to show how he tries to blackmail people:

Return-path: <nobody@arsenal.lacehost.com>
    Envelope-to: ACECOOL EMAIL ADDRESS BLOCKED OUT
    Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:08:24 -0500
    Received: from arsenal.lacehost.com ([67.225.243.14])
    by node01.tmdhosting210.com with esmtps (TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256)
    (Exim 4.69)
    (envelope-from <nobody@arsenal.lacehost.com>)
    id 1KiVya-0005fX-5a
    for ACECOOL EMAIL ADDRESS BLOCKED OUT; Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:08:24 -0500
    Received: from nobody by arsenal.lacehost.com with local (Exim 4.69)
    (envelope-from <nobody@arsenal.lacehost.com>)
    id 1KiVyZ-0008Oa-Vf; Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:08:24 -0400
    To: ACECOOL EMAIL ADDRESS BLOCKED OUT
    Subject: [Ticket ID: 459049] My site lost its database!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    X-PHP-Script: lacehost.com/whmcs/admin/supporttickets.php for 123.201.33.87, 123.201.33.87
    Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:08:23 -0400
    From: LaceHost | Web Hosting LaceHost | Support <support@lacehost.com>
    Message-ID: <2ba6b56ba0e14ee21676b03c73c51361@lacehost.com>
    X-Priority: 3
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
    X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - arsenal.lacehost.com
    X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - acecoolco.com
    X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 99] / [47 12]
    X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - arsenal.lacehost.com
    X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.1
    X-Spam-Score: 1
    X-Spam-Bar: /
    X-Spam-Flag: NO
    X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 8.0.169 [270.7.2/1689]
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=======AVGMAIL-48DAED280000======="

----------------------------
    Josh,
    Enough lying now.

We regained access to old server after discussions with the old provider & your account does NOT have a database.

I am sure you can recognize the old server IP & your account (which does have a database)

http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=acecoolssgn4.png

Please let me know if you want this image posted on the same forums that you used to post about us.

Or do you want to start a cleanup job & clean all threads that you have started ?

You have 24 hours to reply,

Regards
    Ishan Talathi
    LaceHost

----------------------------------------------
    Ticket ID: #459049
    Subject: My site lost its database!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ticket URL: http://www.lacehost.com/whmcs/viewticket.php?tid=459049&c=3ZzJbysP
    ----------------------------------------------

Acecool, Sep 24, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.