1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I lost my hosting.... LACEHOST revoked my hosting and will not refund me

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Acecool, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Were & are :)

Chargeback for ?
    He paid for a service which was provided to him. He breached the terms & policies, he was terminated. As simple as that.

It is clearly stated in the Privacy Policy -

ishan, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  2. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    Read your terms, I dont think you know them... I never breached any terms, and I have photos of all of the pages on your website in case anything "changes" in the next couple of days...

I paid for a service that was rendered in a state that is termed "half assed"

-Josh

Acecool, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  3. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Please check my above post.

ishan, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  4. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    Acecool, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  5. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I see that you have omitted the privacy policy page from your screenshots.

In the Disclosing Information part of the policy -

ishan, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  6. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    in that snippet you posted:
    "Similarly, you are not allowed to release private information including but not limited to names & emails of staff members, details of support tickets or phone calls made to support, support emails etc."

It does not say service WILL be terminated, or mention termination of any such release in your snippet... I am not in violation of anything that would be considered enough to terminate my service...

Edit: The privacy policy should be linked at the bottom of all pages and not be hidden deep within your site.

- Also the privacy policy image is uploaded, no where does it say that, or does it even mention that service will be terminated without possibility of reimbursement for any of them. A privacy policy is supposed to protect the consumer, and not be used as a basis of censorship from people that are disappointed with your service.

Acecool, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  7. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Public bashing is termed as abuse & it is a valid reason for termination.

Privacy Policy is not hidden, it is linked from the top of the Terms of Service page which you have obviously read.

Ishan

ishan, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  8. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    Please read:

- Also the privacy policy image is uploaded, no where does it say that, or does it even mention that service will be terminated without possibility of reimbursement for any of them. A privacy policy is supposed to protect the consumer, and not be used as a basis of censorship from people that are disappointed with your service.

public bashing? I simply stated I am disappointed with your service, here in America - obviously where digital point is hosted, we are entitled to freedom of speech as long as digital point allows seeing it is their website. I am sure the people at digital point do not want any potential web scammers to scam other buyers on their site so they allow honest reviews.

Acecool, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  9. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looking back at this, it probably would have been much easier to help this Josh out then it is to go into each forum and defend your reputation. Even after you defend your reputation, there are going to be people that won't host with you because of this. As a business owner you stand to lose more then his small hosting fee, which he may chargeback anyway...

snowbird, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  10. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:

A privacy policy is supposed to protect both seller & buyer, atleast in our case.

The problem with the datacentre can be read, here -
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=722489

We did offer to help, we restored his old backups to check if it contained the databases, but they did not.
    He cannot chargeback as it is past 60 days (PayPal limit) & it is a digital product.

We offered to help in the best way we could, Josh doesn't seem to understand this. He seems to like fighting it out in public, even though we answered his tickets on the same day that they were opened.

ishan, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  11. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    I can call paypal and they can extend the limit, I have had a similar issue in the past with my boss using paypal to purchase hosting with godaddy, and the service was not what was expected.. (They kept downgrading us until the site was not usable, paypal extended the limit to reach out so that we were able to perform a chargeback - I believe it was around 90-100 days)

You only offered to talk to the data center (which lost my database) as an "Oops I told you so!" sort of statement when you terminated my account.

And yes, I will post a review online however I see fit because you terminated my account and are unwilling to reimburse me without me taking it to paypal or even beyond (It went through my bank) which has an even longer chargeback period!

Acecool, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  12. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    Also in your argument with the data center

You told them to refund you your money because they did not mention a certain something in their clauses, I am kindly asking the same of you.

Acecool, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  13. GloBleeOne

GloBleeOne Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, being a web hosting company myself - I know that biting the cheek can help sometimes - if someone is not happy, we are more than happy to refund, as I would rather them leave happy, than be disgruntaled - and tell others about their "issues"

Pity there was no backup done on the server, this would have solved the whole issue at hand.

Steve

GloBleeOne, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  14. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a complete backup of most files (all script files) but not of the database because that is one thing I forgot to backup when I sold my laptop (didnt need it and built a quad core), but I was able to rebuild it with some of the MYD and MYI files that I had copied over, some tables I had to completely remake, and I lost the entire forum with all of the users so...

Acecool, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  15. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Breaching policies made him ineligible for refund.

Backups are done daily, & as stated in the ticket, we restored a backup for him, to see if it contained the database, but it did not.

ishan, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  16. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well in this case Josh is SOL. Hopefully more thorough backups will take place for both parties from now on. :)

But I must admit it is funny you TOS'ed his account for public bashing when you did the same to your upline provider. Thread titled: Galaxy Solutions SCAM | Part 2

I wish you both well. Seems like a bad situation for all...

snowbird, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  17. Digivillage

Digivillage Banned

Best Answers:
    You should use Gallabanga.com

Digivillage, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  18. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    SOL ?
    I am sorry but I am not a native English speaker.

My upline provider threatened me with it, so I just posted before he/they did. Also, we have a policy against this, while our upline provider did not.

I am not sure , but I guess I am plagued with dealing with bad guys, clients & providers , both.

ishan, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  19. Acecool

Acecool Peon

Best Answers:
    You do not state in any of your policies that giving an honest negative review of your company constitutes as "bashing" as you call it which makes me ineligible for a refund of service that was paid in full and presented like garbage - def not with a 99.9% uptime ratio as you promise in you contract agreement, meaning you would be held for breach of contract which is a more serious offense than giving an honest review to warn others of your malpractice.

Edit now you are trying to infringe upon my credibility which is defamation!

Acecool, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  20. riotz

riotz Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because that is in your policy, doesn't necessarily make it legally enforceable :rolleyes:

That would be like FORD having a clause in their warranty that says if you go online and post about your car being a lemon, and getting jerked around about getting it fixed, that they will not honour your warranty. The courts would smack them down so hard they wouldn't know what hit them.

If he sued you for a refund, based on your logic, he would in all likelihood, win.

riotz, Sep 21, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.