1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I lost 42.000 pages indexed in Google in 24 hrs? 2.000.000 in Yahoo???

Discussion in 'Google' started by SillyMe, Mar 11, 2010.

1. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    If that were true, then he would see the 2k BLs when listing all the links to his domain. Also, even 2k junk BLs to a trusted site would do no harm.

The most likely issue is robots.txt or the meta tag on those pages effected.

<html>
    <head>
    <title>...</title>
    <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">
    </head>

Code (markup):
    Above tells all SEs not to index the page and not to follow links. If you don't pay your SEO guy and he still has access, he can create this problem for you very easily.

/*tom*/

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    longcall911, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  2. SillyMe

SillyMe Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the input. No one did not get paid but a few may know the access logins.

I still doubt that is it since i still have 1.000.000+ pages indexed.
    And on my seoquake tool bar it shows No Robot file.
    I need to triple check.
    As far as i know there is no sitemap nor robot.txt file but then again there never was even with the 2.500 visitors a day.

Yestrday 176 UV
    today 153 UV

depressing.…

thank you for your and others input.
    Bottom line we are at the mercy of the SE engineers and whoever else that can sabotage your tool for making a living.

Yuk

SillyMe, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  3. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What have you done to your site in recent past? I mean within 3 months?
    Check for spam backlinking and outgoing links. There are sevaral reasons for a penalty like that.
    And, was your site down anyhow?

Abhik, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  4. Dismatikz

Dismatikz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You did something veryyyyy wrong. 2mil pages de-indexed? and why are you getting such tiny traffic for so many pages ranked?

Dismatikz, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  5. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How can someone with a 3 million page website not know what re-inclusion or a re-consideration request is?

Exactly right.
    We could play guessing games all day long, but without the URL and some background history of the site (like age, recent changes, where the content came from, is it unique etc etc) then a guessing game is what it will remain.

One thing I would suggest is, do a "fetch as Googlebot" in WMT's on a few of your main pages and see what if there are any redirects in the code. (you may have been hacked)
    Other than that, unless your willing to post the URL and some background info, there is nothing anyone can do to help.
    Good luck.

James

tattoos, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  6. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to check at least 2 more search engines, Bing and maybe Ask. If they also show a high percentage of de-indexed pages, you can be 100% confident it is a problem with your site, not the SE.

I think it is already 90% certain because it is the same situation for the two largest, G & Y!. But check...

/*tom*/

longcall911, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  7. youssefedwardsaber

youssefedwardsaber Active Member

Best Answers:
    try to increase the backlinks and to add fresh content using php code. this will certainly get you bach to your rank.

youssefedwardsaber, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I caught this thread earlier in the week. I frankly can't believe no one has mentioned this yet but this behavior is occurring across the board with old clients and new, or prospective clients that have been pm'ing me about the same sorta craziness. Its that time folks. Something is afoot :)

My first glimpse of this odd behavior started on Monday of last week in Australia. It has since made its way to the UK and the US.

Everyone take a deep breath and get ready to quit the link wheel related crap lol... and no, I don't do that sort of thing.

We are about due for an update that causes issues for folks who don't care where their links are coming from. My particular client in Au lost around 27000 indexed pages and had them back about 5 days later. Some rankings are not quite up to speed but I deal with e-commerce sites with massive amounts of pages so it may take a sec to sort out.

When I have some viable metrics to pass along I will be happy to do so but I am currently just observing the issue as it seems to still be quite fluid.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

EDIT: Actually, the social phenomenon of folks thinking their site is broken rather than thinking we are getting hit with an update is even more illuminating as it pertains to the suggested algo changes.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
    Nigel Lew, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  9. gordiano

gordiano Peon

Best Answers:
    rank means nothing

gordiano, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  10. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt this is the reason for the OP's troubles.
    After receiving a PM with the URL of the site in question, I think its just a case of a young (less than a year old), un-authoritative site that has tons of near duplicate pages containing thousands of category pages which contain nothing but ads and subcategory links, getting purged from the index.

When a search engine come across a page like "browse/California/Los-Angeles/" and finds nothing but 2102 internal links + a few ads... and each one of those links leads to a page that contains nothing but more internal links + more ads, I guess there is a "slight" risk of being labeled/flagged as an MFA doorway pages/link farm.

If the database of businesses for the directory was unique, then there "may" be a chance of getting away with it. If its scraped information, then I'm surprised its lasted this long.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  11. esiarfs77

esiarfs77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lol, title of this thread sounds like a weight loss ad!
    I bet you were on the spam diet weren't you?

esiarfs77, Mar 15, 2010 IP