1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I like using this search engine if i don't use google

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Forsh, Nov 25, 2016.

DuckDuckGo

Bing is "like" google with the queries and results, I find that DuckDuckGo gives me a totally different set of search results, that aren't bad at all, just not timely, like Google. I know with Google webmasters will automate processes to stay relevant -- so finding long-lived information seems harder.

For example, Marine Vs Army -- I found lots of information that was user generated through participation. Nothing like that came up in Google. Just because someone does SEO and works their page to the first page of Google, doesn't mean that it is good information.

There are vehicle donation programs in Colorado that are meant to provide additional revenue to the non-profits and charities that help individuals and families through tough times...except, those charities aren't even close to Google page 1 above the fold. You have to scroll through map spam and through the deceptive ads, before you reach the real charities. Reporting doesn't work, people have tried. Who really believes that donating a piece of junk trash and rusted car that doesn't run really prompts people to write 5,000 reviews about how it changed their lives. That doesn't happen, ever.

Who thinks that a charity has staff on call to drive all over a state to pick up your car? These are towing companies and the information has been gathered and sent to Google, a year later, still the same song and dance.

Forsh, Nov 25, 2016 IP
    billzo likes this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I searched Google for

donate vehicle charity colorado

and besides getting relevant ads and a map of relevant charities I didn't see any problems

I'm not sure I understand the problem but was interested to see we have a private company offering it as a service with money donated to charity

sarahk, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I searched both DuckDuckGo and Google for "mesothelioma"...

First result in Duck after one ad is Wikipedia, which is a nice, non-commercial, non-spammy source of information.

First result in Google after four ads is asbestos.com, which is nothing more than a thinly-veiled lawyer referral site; in other words: spam.

The second result in Duck is a lawyer referral site, the first two results in Google are lawyer referral sites, with the third being the Wikipedia article which ranks first after the ad in Duck.

That said, DuckDuckGo has spammy lawyer referral sites in its results, too. But Google has more and they rank higher.

Lawyer referral sites do nothing but scour other sites and medical journals for information, engage in aggressive SEO to rank high and make money referring clients to lawyers.

All the search engines, including Duck and Bing have to do more to combat those spammy sites.

billzo, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  4. Forsh

Forsh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, I had a huge reply all typed out to you, and Firefox crashed. Ain't that some...

Anywhoo, Here is what the map looks like, those jpgs are to additional sources. https://nimbus.everhelper.me/client/notes/share/662488/xoxbeitlb8u5zbkdycfk

The first organic result is the Denver Rescue Mission, which is a homeless shelter and has a program for homeless to go live and work at a farm, not sure about the details. So, you can imagine when that map loads in its usual spot, being on page 1 doesnt really matter, because the viewer has all sorts of options that are paid or scammed. Kars4kids is a towing company. No charity or homeless shelter has ever had a 24/7 tow truck. Let's say the towing company was contracted...would "you" be ok with a towing company masking themselves as legit, until the do something stupid and the you are responsible, even if just for damages.
    [​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/n3uB70v.png

Forsh, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    @billzo Not the best example to give, since that's a keyword that would be targeted hard by spammers.

DuckDuckGo ain't going to be replacing Google anytime soon.

dcristo, Nov 26, 2016 IP
  6. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll give DuckDuckGo a try and see how it is. From what I've seen so far, its results are very similar to Bing. I find Duck's results to be a little more difficult to read due to the grey color of the summaries. I don't like any one company having such a large dominance of the web as Google does. I don't like it at all.

billzo, Nov 26, 2016 IP
  7. EvoWRZ®

EvoWRZ® Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If he done good work in seo to make his page come up in result, it is worth.

EvoWRZ®, Nov 29, 2016 IP
  8. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is the best search engine among other search engines for SEO.

karen9999, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think you missed the point of the thread

sarahk, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  10. Peter42

Peter42 Banned

Best Answers:
    @Forsh your observation is correct recently i'm searching for some torrent link where i found some totally different site which is never seen in google using those keyword phrase.

Peter42, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Could it be that Google is actively blocking torrents from their results? I'd support that.

sarahk, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  12. Peter42

Peter42 Banned

Best Answers:
    not sure about google blocking torrent result but it is also fact that google not showing proper result when finding torrent in google.

Peter42, Dec 4, 2016 IP