1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback I Like It, But

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by i8k, Jan 26, 2013.

1. niroshana35

niroshana35 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

According to the discussion going here, I can see more users leaving the forum, it's not a surprise because that's what DP wanted, to get rid of low-quality traffic (from their words) right?

Now DP admin defines United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, as high quality traffic and India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia (Asian Countries as low quality traffic!) that's because these are mainly developing countries based on that fact DP didn't able to earn much VIA this traffic, for example these users often don't buy DP premium memberships but they used to contribute to DP a lot with their knowledge, by visiting this forum and they used to love this forum but unfortunately now DP admins don't care about them or don't want to see them any more on this forum unless they wish to buy DP premium membership or DP signatures from established members (that's what DP expected to have behind their new "established member" rule).
    There is something DP must not forget and that is from that low quality traffic you mentioned (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia) this forum became a giant right? how? most of them are SEO experts, Web designers, Web developers, HTML, PHP, Java programmers so they used to contribute to this forum with their knowledge, they used to love this forum, often visited this forum, also those USA guys bought high quality developed websites from these Asian country web developers. Now DP is a giant and so happy and proud about that, so it thinks it doesn't need those low quality Asian country users any more instead they like that yummy high quality traffic. A DP admin will try to hide that truth and will say "no it's not, look at this figures!", no matter what figures you show you know it and you feels it, if not you'll feel it in the near future.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    niroshana35, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    We are fine with high quality users from anywhere. Low quality users from anywhere (including the US) we don't want though. Trying to spin it as us trying to sell premium membership, because somehow we are going to sell more premium memberships by blocking low quality traffic is silly. lol

We honestly don't care *where* you are from... if you can contribute something useful to the community, don't spam and can follow our relatively simple rules, anyone is welcome. The fact that certain countries tend to spam more, have users not willing (or able) to contribute anything of use to the community is not really our doing. That's just the way it is.

digitalpoint, Jan 27, 2013 IP
    RoachBlogger likes this.
  3. niroshana35

Best Answers:

I didn't say that you're trying to sell premium memberships by blocking low quality traffic (that's one of your words not mine) but that's what DP expected to achieve by applying their new "established member" rule against exciting old DP members.

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If we were trying to block geographical regions, we would just do it based on IP and block that traffic.

As I said, if you are a good user, you are welcome from anywhere. But since we are focusing on quality over quantity now, of course it's natural for some users in certain geographical regions to use the site less because they are unable to get established because they have nothing good to offer.

5. niroshana35

Best Answers:
    That's not the fact, even if they offer something useful to the forum they can't become established, why? because If someone reply with a useful answer to a unestablished member question you won't get any like right? because he can't like you, so now the established members rules the forum so they decide when their going to make others established or not and the ones who wish to sell their DP signature will never let a new member to become established why? because then only they can sell their signature to unestablished members.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    lol... Errrr... okay, it's a big conspiracy to get you to buy a signature link. lol Anyone who buys (or sells) a signature link is a complete fool.

BTW - search engines can't even see signatures here unless they log in as a user (which they don't). And even if they did, they are nofollow anyway.

7. niroshana35

Best Answers:
    Premium membership + Established member can do the trick right? they will be dofollow and visible to search engines!

8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not necessarily... dofollow links are not a premium membership benefit.

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/help/premium

Again... anyone buying/selling links of any sort probably needs to get their head checked.

9. niroshana35

Best Answers:
    Then which DP members get benefit of dofollow links?

10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No one... it's a nofollow site.

11. niroshana35

Best Answers:

As I knew in OLD DP premium member signature links were dofollow and now it's not in new DP!, thanks for making it clear Shawn.

niroshana35, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They were not necessarily dofollow on the old site either. It was never a premium member benefit.

digitalpoint, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  13. niroshana35

Best Answers:

How come? may be you're correct because I don't know when you changed it but I saw this
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/no-longer-a-dofollow-site.2221026/

14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There was a chance a premium signature could be "dofollow", but they were always mostly nofollow. Either way, it was never a benefit of premium membership. It was always best to just assume they would all be nofollow... that way you don't get disappointed when it is.

15. niroshana35

Best Answers:

I used to sell and buy using DP buy, sell, trade section https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/buy-sell-or-trade.24/ and it's true that I made some money by using DP not $1000 but few hundred once per month or two but I wasn't in a situation to buy DP premium membership because there wasn't a big profit from them to me but when it's comes to today with my current online standing I can go for a premium membership without a problem, I was wondering about it just before all these changes has taken place and I was very upset and disappointed with new DP changes not because of the look and feel but it just throw out us from some sections of the forum and it suddenly took away our signatures with it's new rules (I guess anyone would be screw up with that type of sudden changes).

I'm not against premium memberships, in reality we have to agree that most main online forums and marketplaces charge a fee for their service it's not unfair because it provides a valuable marketplace for buyers and sellers to meet each other but may be there are some people who doesn't have the ability to purchase a premium membership because may be they are beginners and don't have much funds to spend. I'll purchase a premium membership when I'm set with my mind in the future and I'll help others as I can and where I have knowledge like I did in the past when I have time for that, because I always loved this forum.

16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The changes have nothing to do with premium membership. In fact, we would much rather you contribute something useful to the site to use B/S/T than have to pay for premium membership to do so. In fact, you still don't get any of the other established member benefits by purchasing premium membership (like you still don't get a signature for example).

17. niroshana35

Best Answers:

I already understood the situation, If I'm going to purchase the premium membership it's not because of the signature link or because I can buy and sell, if you read my last sentence in the last paragraph carefully you would understand Shawn.