1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I knew this was coming

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by sachin410, Aug 20, 2005.

1. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google has a lot of "bigger fish to fry" than kicking you out "without investigating" unless there is some real issue involved (ex: clicking own ads). IMHO. :)

Good luck!

North Carolina SEO, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Does google do this to people?

Crazy_Rob, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think Google will block you from viewing ads... they just won't pay you and will boot you from the AdSense program for misbehavior... highly doubtful that they'd block you from viewing ads on someone else's site.

minstrel, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    No it is the other way around. He see them with a dial up and not with his normal connection.

compar, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  5. veedee

veedee Peon

Best Answers:
    Fifteen minutes ago I did'nt see google adsense ads in ANY websites, all my websites, this forum, even the weblogsinc.com. When I see the source code, it's displayed the google adsense's javascript code, but I could not see the Ads. I've tried to refresh it many times, tried with 3 different browser, still the ads won't show up, no blank space that supposed to be filled with Ads, no text="the page could not be displayed..", just .. the ads did not displayed at all.
    I tried to sleep, but I could not sleep .. affraid of 'something happen regarding my google adsense account', I woke up again and find that everything back to normal.
    The same computer, the same browser, the same connection .. I just don't know what was going on.
    Sorry my bad english ..

veedee, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  6. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. There is a saying in India - Sanch ko aanch nahin. None can harm the truth. I am so very sceptical about this Google program coz of my friend .This guy has a 12 hr job , doesnt even check his site for days. One fine morning he got a mail - account disabled for invalid clicks.

WELL LETS DO A THING. IN CASE GOOGLE KICKS ME OUT, I AM READY TO DISCLOSE MY SITE TO DP MODERATORS. THEN CAN TRY AND MAKE OUT A SIMILAR PAGE WITH SAME CONTENT ANYWHERE THEY WISH. I AM VERY MUCH SURE THEY WILL GET THE SAME CTR AS I DO.

sachin410, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  7. sachin410

Best Answers:
    Thanks man. I ll sleep well now. (Though my ads are still missing )

8. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Have you read the AS TOS, sachin410?

Crazy_Rob, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  9. veedee

veedee Peon

Best Answers:
    Sleep well, there's nothing to worry .. when I woke up my earning this day had raised about 30%, other side of the world still clicking my ads.
    PS:
    My laptop was in standby mode when I was trying to sleep, try that trick! :)

veedee, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  10. sachin410

Best Answers:
    Of course. How can a pessimist like me be that negligent. No I dont have any "click this " or "support us" messages or even pics above ads on my sites. They are just plain vanilla HTML sites. My high CTR is due to may reasons... I dont have ads on all pages (obviously users see many pages , but click on few..I have placed ads only on those pages where I felt users will have a curiosity to find more on the topic), I get lot of fresh users (a banner on any high traffic site can do that for you), the demography of users matters ( my observation is an that indian is much more likely to click an ad than an american.. they still havent developed ad blindness, some even dont know what a google ad is...lol ), I dont put too much content on single page (that way users dont feel tired out by the time they finish the page...... and of course all the usual tactics like blending the ads with content, above the fold ads etc etc.

11. xeno

xeno Peon

Best Answers:
    running proxies on dial up? wouldnt that slow down the machine even more?

xeno, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  12. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    He has no trouble seeing the ads when he is on dialup. So the suggestion to use proxies is for his normal high speed connection.

compar, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  13. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Some proxys automatically block out ads... I use privoxy from time to time and it will automatically remove adsense ads, but it does put up a little blurb in its place. Other proxies might just remove them, or else as others said, you simply have some software or setting that is prohibting ads from showing.

aeiouy, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  14. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

Good idea.. Dont give the users much content and they will be forced to click on ads.

aeiouy, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  15. syedwasi87

syedwasi87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    clicking on your own ads eh?!

syedwasi87, Aug 21, 2005 IP