1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I just thought of something terrible.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by RectangleMan, Jul 30, 2005.

1. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah basically that's the idea. I would just think using the url channels would be simple enough since those are already there and you don't need to add channel code when you do this. I prefer the URL channels myself over the regular ones.

RectangleMan, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  2. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    A list of valid domains is a good idea too, IMO.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  3. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    What if everyone just ran clean sites without using borderline and sometimes over-the-line tactics and then being disgruntled when they get removed from the program? What would happen then?

One can only wonder...

People like to push the edge and then wonder why they fall off a cliff.

aeiouy, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  4. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    I don't think you are following the thread or it's line of reasoning. This has nothing to do with running our own sites as much as someone being malicious toward our adsense account. One of the ways someone can get you banned is to place YOUR adsense code on a site you don't own...they create false clicks or even put viruses, pr0n, and hacks on the site. Google would just ban you. However you run your own sites this can happen to anyone and I am not sure Google has anything in place to prevent it.

5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am following the line of reasoning just fine... You can sit around worrying about being maliciously attacked or you can realize almost everyone suspended from Adsense was done so because of something they did.

Feel free to take your pick of which is more likely... But one is much more accurate than the other.

Maybe they do, maybe the don't. I have not seen a shred of evidence of anyone losing their account because of this. I have heard people speculate this happened to them, although often times there were a myriad of other reasons why they lost their account as well.

I am all for this discussion and protecting ourselves as publishers... But I think it would even be better vested if we actually had evidence that this was happening once let alone with any kind of real frequency. The fact that we don't regularly hear reports about it tends to support the concept that Google does have mechanisms in place to prevent this.. but who knows.

Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the whole Google Paranoia that so many people on these forums do. Take care of yourself and your business and chances are HIGHLY likely you got nothing to worry about. Nothing to worry about because someone set you up, nothing to worry about because Google doesn't like a Print Shirt you have in your closet.

For the record, I like the idea of Adsense having a mechanism that allows us to specify what sites/urls we allow ads to be published on. I think it is a good idea, and makes basic common sense.

aeiouy, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  6. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    Do you care to share your adsense code with me so I can test this??? Let's see how fast I can get you banned if you think that this can't happen and doesn't.

If even 1% of all the accounts are banned for the reason I suggested then it's too much.

I really don't want to come off as Mr. Paranoid but this idea just dawned on me today.

I hear all the time about people being banned for fraud clicks and never get a further explanation. Unless Google starts to explain each ban and show that person HOW the clicks were fraudulant we must remain paranoid. If I was banned with a full explanation then of course I could either go "oh crap...I guess I shouldn't have done that" or "oh crap...I didn't do that...that's not my site or my IP address".

tom22 likes this.
  7. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that clicking your rival's adsense will lead to ban by google. Simple as that. As for whoever that does not believe it would happen, feel free to give us your site and let's test it.

iskandar, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  8. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, you people must earn a ton off Adsense to be thinking about all these "worst case scenario" stuff!!

toocoolforschool, Jul 30, 2005 IP
  9. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    Some here I believe make $1000 a day. I don't but I know a few that do.

It's not uncommon for a domainer to earn $20k+ a year from the adsense program alone.

RectangleMan, Jul 31, 2005 IP