1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Just released An Open Source Yelp alike Business Review and Rating PHP Script

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by maddot, Jan 2, 2013.

Hi, About two years ago I was going to build a business review and rating website, but I can't find Open Source script of this kind. Of curse there were paid script out there, but they encrypted the code, which is unacceptable to me. So I decided to make one on my own in my spare time after work.

After I finished the programming, I set up my review and rating site which is to provide business reviews for expats coming to China. just a few weeks I gave up the site, because nobody came to write reviews. All reviews were written by me, however these reviews were not fake, all were translated from a popular Chinese review site. The work is tedious and heavily time-consumed. So I gave up.

A month ago I thought It was a pity to just throw away the code, So I decided to clean the code and get it more organized and open source it under the name Upble. Beside published it on github, I also set up a web site for it: Upble (Sorry I were forbidden to add links, please search "Upble" in Google and the dot com domain is it) . If you are interested to build a business review and rating site, please check it out and fork me on github.

maddot, Jan 2, 2013 IP
    imranamen6 likes this.
  2. diziadvice

diziadvice Member

Best Answers:
    Nice Script but not many sites using it!

diziadvice, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  3. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have gone through the demo but there needs more things to be done in the script like.

Sponsored listings, banner management, Option for the owner to edit.

Rest everything is perfect because the more simple the website the more chances of getting high traffic :)

imranamen6, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  4. Giorgi

Giorgi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks really nice, hopefully there will be updates to it

Giorgi, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  5. seamouse

seamouse Active Member

Best Answers:
    dead site?

seamouse, Nov 17, 2014 IP
  6. MasalaClips

MasalaClips Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If possible, please send me a link to download your script. I would love to take a look at it.

MasalaClips, Jan 13, 2015 IP