1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i just received this letter from cj..

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by b2breps, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure this is too late but this should be a case study for another ones. You have only 5 days after received this mail to give them a reply, not 15 days. If you didn't reply to them within 5 days period then you are accepting that email as 15 days termination notice, only 10 days left after the first 5 days passed.

I don't think this email just a quality check, a big caught one. How the sale/lead made from the same computers frequently times? Unless the owner made those all sales/leads by himself. I wonder if anyone who received this email could have a good explanation to them.

Sxperm, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  2. ~Monty~

~Monty~ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you share what happened next? What did they do and what did you reply? Thanks.

~Monty~, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  3. moneybrown

moneybrown Peon

Best Answers:
    your done buddy..you been beating there system thru your computer..how the hell you gonna make purchases from you computer...thats like clickin gon your google adsense from your own computer lol..they can track every ting...yes every ting

your banned

major fail

moneybrown, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  4. FriendlyBear

FriendlyBear Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really do believe someone's using your ports to do some nasty ass spammin, huh ? :D Too bad. No escape from that if you don't have a dynamic IP. If you do - restart your rooter.

I was in a trouble like this myself...freakin sucks.

FriendlyBear, Jan 3, 2009 IP
  5. xrvel

xrvel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try to do something illegal?

xrvel, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  6. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dan, it doesn't sound like a redirect issue to me.

CJ wrote "Why does so much of the commissioned activity run through the same COMPUTER that you use?"

They are saying he is generating the leads or making the sales himself.

5starAffiliates, Jan 4, 2009 IP
    Glottis likes this.
  7. b2breps

b2breps Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the comments guys. I am still in limbo. I replyed back right away and still have not heard back from them...maybe because the holidays...

Here is what i did..it was a job board website that was paying for each resume added to their database. i have a recruitng business and also a resume writing business. Consequently, I have a lot of candidates resumes. what i did was ask them via email if they wanted extra exposure for their resume and i could post a few places on lone as a service ( i have a resume distribtion service that i charge 49.99 for ..kind of like resumeblaster and resume zapper) so i thought i could add value to my clients and make a couple extra bucks as well.

Here is the deal every single resume i submitted I had permission to do so and they were real legitamate candidates looking for jobs. I see this as a win win.... The job board got what they wanted. Cj gets their piece and i get my piece.

anyway , we shall see... i will post an update when i hear back from them..

b2breps, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  8. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Sorry, but smells like BS, and I would completely understand if CJ says too bad too sad. After all, how could they possibly verify that you were submitting 'actual' and 'quality' resumes. Who cares if you have permission, looks like a blatant way to scam the program if you ask me. Furthermore, this was your idea of charging for more exposure to your clients...? Wow.

cldnails, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  9. jasoneswan

jasoneswan Member

Best Answers:
    wow unbelievable

jasoneswan, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  10. ArtfulAffiliate

ArtfulAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    were you charging people for this?

ArtfulAffiliate, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  11. Suziclue

Suziclue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will be banned.. I bet you didn't tell CJ that story.. U're messing things up for the rest of us.. great job kid..

Suziclue, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  12. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    Even if that's what you were doing most AFF networks don't allow you to do submits for others, they have to do them themselves. This cuts down on your abillity to incetivize offers and also just make up leads. in addition it makes sure that you arent using stolen cc data (if its paid aff offers) which will result in chargebacks that cost the company more than the original transaction. I'm sure its in the rules somewhere, never heard of an aff network that allowed what you say you were doing.

wowhaxor, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  13. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    The situation the OP described has been done before in CJ, but I'm not sure if the publishers who were doing that still do it. The only way the prior publishers doing that were allowed to do it was by running that by the advertisers first, and getting special approval. That's the only way it would be allowed.

Johu, Jan 9, 2009 IP
  14. TheNewGirl

TheNewGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought you couldnt purchase through your own ad links??? I don't even let my husband order anything from these sites through my website, because we have the same address..I don't want to loose my affiliates, so that is something I would never do. Is that what they are referring to? or clicks?

Never mind, just read the response from Original poster...still doesnt sound right to me, but hey, I'm new

TheNewGirl, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  15. omarelhard

omarelhard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can you tell us the name of the advertiser plzzz

omarelhard, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  16. steve4seo

steve4seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Describe them your promotional methods (what are you planning to do to promote advertiser's products) so that advertisers can choose you if they're okay with your promotional activities. this will help them to identify fraud / invalid click activity.

steve4seo, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  17. Support by ES

Support by ES Peon

Best Answers:
    Hope i never get a letter like that or i will die lol

Support by ES, Mar 15, 2013 IP