1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I just bought an expensive laptop, so - was it a $2500 mistake?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lynn Fairchild, Apr 23, 2009.

1. sparkeee

sparkeee Guest

Best Answers:
    as long as it meets your needs and keeps you happy that's all that matters. i spend $1680 for mine, works for me.

sparkeee, Jul 18, 2009 IP
  2. Cole

Cole Peon

Best Answers:
    I just spent around 1700 for my laptop for college. Generally if you are happy with it (and the specs are good) then it probably was a good buy. What are the specifications on the laptop?

Cole, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  3. SunHunter

SunHunter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Generally, from past experience, HP laptops have not lived up to their expectations. I went through two different HP laptops over the span of about five months, and both those laptops were brand new when I first touched them!

You should have looked into getting fully customized laptops (like an Alienware laptop) or maybe even considered building it yourself. Either way, unless you can get a refund, what's done is done so you'll have to live with it.

My HP laptops were $800-$1, 100 though so you should have a bit more life! Maybe the quality of their laptops improves drastically once you spend loads more, yay! My $900 Toshiba Satellite works great and has held up for about eight months now though so I'm happy!

SunHunter, Jul 19, 2009 IP
  4. Jbob

Jbob Peon

Best Answers:
    adding more RAM and cores are going to increase your multi-tasking capabilities.

Jbob, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  5. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    cool ...
    i used to own a laptop cost me 8k and only come with Piii 450, 512 ram and dvd ... :)
    my current lappy also cost me 2k plus with out 8g ram :) enjoy, sure u will like it :)

SonnyCooL, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  6. mariesophy

mariesophy Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't discuss about it man if you are satisfied with it go on with it.Self satisfaction is more important.Whether its costly or not doesn't matter.

mariesophy, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  7. Watson2

Watson2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Lynn,

Don't worry about the price. You bought what you wanted and I'm pretty sure it will serve the purpose. Whether you like it or not there are people who have ordered and paid for 8RAM QuadCore laptop and they're not worried.Many of them, probably not because they're rich. My advice is, ENJOY YOUR LAPTOP! IT'S A GOOD MACHINE!

Watson2, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  8. Kuro

Kuro Peon

Best Answers:
    If you were a speed freak then you should of got Intel Core 2 Extreme Mobile + 8GB of Ram thats about $3,000 Before Rebate rofl but quad is good enough and i would say price is fair after all i got Dell XPS M1730 for $2600AUD

Kuro, Jul 30, 2009 IP