1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I joined a network marketing business months ago and I am not making any money.???

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jojo2235, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    The "founder" says there is no refund...How do I get my my money out of these thieves???..I really think all network marketing biz should be shut down..they lure people in take their hard earned cash and they require all this endless recruiting before you earn........

Jojo2235, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  2. Clickfinity

Clickfinity Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt you'll get your money back. Put it down to experience and move on.

Clickfinity, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Network Marketing or MLM schemes have been around forever. They certainly predate the Internet and prey on people who do not know any better. You are no longer in that group and for that you can be thankful. @Clickfinity is correct in that your money was gone the minute you turned it over to them. If you waste more time chasing them or trying to shut them down, it will have little to no effect because these shady operations close down quickly and spring up with a new name and location the next day.

jrbiz, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So now you've learned about doing your homework before you sign up for something - like reading the years of people posting about how they've been ripped off.

I'm sure there are some that work, like Amway, but that's why you have to spend some time before you spend your money.

sarahk, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    MLM is not a weekend type of job. If you treat it as a full time job and take a position of a sales person (because, ultimately, being an MLMer is like being a good sales person) and your chances for success go up significantly. Otherwise, it is a waste of time and money.

qwikad.com, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  6. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to take legal actions against this group,you may get your money back, however, chances are you'll be spending more than what you've invested. The best action would be learn from this experience and move on..

Vitarank, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  7. Joseph Mancia

Joseph Mancia Member

Best Answers:

You really should have done some research before drinking the koolaid!

Joseph Mancia, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  8. cborrx

cborrx Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the school of hard knocks.

cborrx, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  9. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the real world. Businesses like this has existed for years and they usually profit a lot from beginners like yourself, now you know you have to do some " Google search " before you jump head first into something because in the business world, it is no beauty and profit.

They lure you in by promising the world and a get rich quick scheme, there is no such thing in the world. If you want to be wealthy - you need to work for it.

Chad Eztraffic, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  10. Alex Leizerovich

Alex Leizerovich Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a few MLM adventures with offline and online companies.
    And let me tell you this many of them are pyramids but not all.
    If they only promote the business opportunity but have no product, the product has no real value, or nobody is using it thats pyramid.
    And yes they do earn a lot from all the beginners that join and quit or forget to cancel their subscription.
    Sometimes there are even companies that have a good product,
    but the members just promote the biz opp thats also pyramid.
    At the end there are only a few of these that are legal and have a good product.
    But you have to be or become a very spesific person in order to succeed with MLM.
    You have to be very good with people, have very good social and promotion skills.
    If its online a big list and the ability to drive constant traffic can help.
    At the end yes it does take work to make it happen.

Alex Leizerovich, Jul 15, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Great answer. Could you elaborate on the "few" that you have found to be legal and have a good product?

jrbiz, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  12. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    Well thats mostly offline companies that are around for at least 5 years because most of them are closed before that.
    Tupperware for example, did you know they started as MLM but changed.
    There are a few more but its mostly supplements or beauty products which didnt get me too interested.
    I was also a member in a company called Worldventures.
    It's a lifestyle and travelling company. They do sell the product and its pretty good.
    It's like a lifestyle club and they basically get you cheaper vacations cause they have buying power.
    I am not a member anymore though. I just dont like to mix business and friends and family.
    Also I don't like the whole idea that everybody just supposed to copy and paste.
    There is no creativity in that for me.
    With that said if you check around almost all of the MLM companies have people complaining about them.
    Some if it probly true and the rest are just people that couldnt make it.

13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I remember the old Tupperware parties that women used to hold in their homes, but I did not realize that they started as an MLM. I think of them and Avon as home-based selling, but not MLM. The offline MLM that I think of when it is mentioned is Amway. They have been around for a loooong time and still seem to be in business. I even had a distant family member try it out, but it did not work. I also remember 20 years ago being invited to a neighbor's house "to learn about a new business opportunity" and sat through a fairly long presentation in which they would not mention the name of the company until the very end and then they admitted that they were talking about Amway. I believe that Amway instructed these folks to do this because their brand had become the butt of jokes on late night TV.

jrbiz, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  14. Alex Leizerovich

Best Answers:
    Yes totally, i didnt mention the big ones I just thought everybody knows them.
    Surely Amway is around for a long time, also Herbalife(I was there for 2 days lol before i found out the ingredients of the product) and a few that are 5 years and more around.

15. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    MLM is a business, you invested and failed, time to move on. It is like any other business, if you start a email list and do not make any money are you going to expect aweber to refund your monthly fees??

al

agmccall, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  16. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well there was a period where I played around these schemes, but I always made sure there's a refund policy. Most Internet Marketing programs are designed in such a way that the only way to make money is to feed your greed. There is simply no value at all as you simply prey on others' greed.

How much did you spend and why not share the name of the company to warn the rest about it?

Ethan Alvin, Jul 15, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.