1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have updated the design.. Give me your comments guyz

Discussion in 'Design' started by Muhammad Jahanzaib, Oct 26, 2014.

I have updated the header part of my exsiting website design.

Kindly give your comments. Its really helpful for me

Attached Files:

Muhammad Jahanzaib, Oct 26, 2014 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    A screen shot is pretty much meaningless. A web sit is as much about usability, accessibility load time, and other factors and the display is about 20% of the overall design effort. So if you want a real evaluation, then post the link to the site.

COBOLdinosaur, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  3. Muhammad Jahanzaib

Muhammad Jahanzaib Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comment mate and I appreciate your opinion. Even I am so happy to have honest comments.
    Please check the below link and give your comments
    http://ezestate.com/

Muhammad Jahanzaib, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  4. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    It has one major problem which is load time cause by a whole boatload of contributing issues that boils down to a page that is only marginally usable and which will get killed in the search engines.
    Let's start with the worse problem. There is just to much stuff being stuffed on to the page, and most of it is graphhics, plus the flah junk. You need to reduce the amount of graphics being used, and get rid of the flash all together. The graphics you do keep can probably be optimized with some compress to make them lowres. Next is the scripting it is excessive, it is inefficient, and it slows both the parsing and rendering while giving very little value in return.

Next there is the technical quality of the code. The HTML validator reports over 100 errors and almost 200 warnings. Yes most of the code will still work most of the time in most browsers; but there is no guarantee that wil continue. Most developers think that browsers ignore HTML errors. That is not true. They do not report errors, but the parser must execute extra code for every error to attach something executable to the element in the Document object or the rendering engine will crash with an uncaught exception. all that extra code takes time to execute and add to the load time.

Then there are the number of http calls you are doing for all the external files which add to the response time as well.

Now let's look at the search engines. There is almost nothing to index on the page. virtually all the content is graphics. There is not a single sentence of text. so basically the crawlers see nothing of value on the page and you are not going to shw up in search results very often. The scripting makes it worse. The SEs for the most part cannot process scripting, and when it is inline like you have you just freak out the crawler which will most likely abandon the indexing operation. The errors also play a part. It speaks to overall quality and the SEs weigh the quality as an important factor; plus the errors will almost always cause the crawlwer to make indexing errors because they are not as tolerant of bad code as the browsers are.

Overall the concept and design has promise but the execution and implementation are horrible. You need to:
    Add some real textual content.
    Reduce the overall size of the page by getting rid of the flash and some of the graphics.
    Re think the scripting and if you actually need it then get rid of the third party stuff and write your own functions.
    Correct the errors because you are just begging for trouble when a page is that defective on a technical level.

COBOLdinosaur, Oct 28, 2014 IP
  5. Muhammad Jahanzaib

Muhammad Jahanzaib Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks @COBOLdinosaur For giving such a detail comments on my site. I have to look into it and fix all the issues. Its a real estate portal so we need graphics and ads to make people attract. What do you think about this?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Muhammad Jahanzaib, Oct 28, 2014 IP
  6. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    Search engines drive traffic. They decide what pages to put high up in the rankings based on a number of factors with the number one factor being content. The crawlers index the content and they are blind they cannto "see" anything but text. You you want increased traffic then you need more than nice pictures; which are fine for visitors, but won't add a lot of new visitors from search engines. So you need a balance, by adding interesting and useful information that is fresh and unique. That will gain you ranking positions.

As for the graphics themselves; if you reduce the size and drop the quality, you will not hurt the user experience, and the improved load time will mean you don't start out by getting visitors angry because they are impatient with the load time.

COBOLdinosaur, Oct 31, 2014 IP
  7. Kluivert07

Kluivert07 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    your website looking so good, loading time is superb and brilliant design

Kluivert07, Nov 1, 2014 IP
  8. Muhammad Jahanzaib

Muhammad Jahanzaib Peon

Best Answers:
    @Kluiver07 Thanks for you valuable comments. :)

Muhammad Jahanzaib, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  9. Muhammad Jahanzaib

Muhammad Jahanzaib Peon

Best Answers:
    @COBOLdinosaur I will follow your guidance and fix the issues

Muhammad Jahanzaib, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  10. John Osel O. Diaz

John Osel O. Diaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The cartoon design looks good. It fits the site and the theme. The logo looks good too. The site is straight to the point and looks professional. good job.

John Osel O. Diaz, Jan 18, 2015 IP