1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have problem in Wix Website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by baytreesolutions1, Sep 5, 2014.

I have working on developed website on Wix. There is issue in URL structure. Some url have special character like (sweetsugamamas.com/#!contact/c11m6) those url is not google friendly. I want to redirect all the pages on correct and google friendly url (sweetsugamamas.com/contact/).

Please suggest me how it can be possible to make it correct.
    Thanks

baytreesolutions1, Sep 5, 2014 IP
  2. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot do that with Wix pages.
    You can have (example) homepage: 3dzombiegames.wix.com/3dzombiegames/
    Or contact page 3dzombiegames.wix.com/3dzombiegames/#!contact/c24vq/
    It will always have the #! characters in the URL. There is no way to change it.

Mkcoy, Sep 7, 2014 IP
  3. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    You do not have any control of the technical side of a Wix site. The "easy" part they give you is accomplished by them having virtual total administrative control. Wix sites are not rally suited for much more than vanity sites, and "hey look at me" sites. They are not suitable for any serious endeavor. In general you never get more than you pay for; and frequently you get less. If you want a serious site that you control, then you need to use a full service hosting service that offers business packages at a reasonable price.

COBOLdinosaur, Sep 7, 2014 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Which is putting it VERY politely... simple fact is what they vomit up and have giant set of brass to call a website is some of the most idiotic nonsense out there; like a lot of others companies (Adobe comes to mind) they exist to prey on the ignorance of those just starting out. You can learn nothing of value from them, deploy nothing of value with them, and if you even know the slightest about what HTML and CSS are, much less how to use them a simple "view source" of their sites should be enough to terrorize you into NEVER even trying to use them in the first place.

As evidenced by the inaccessible train wreck of scripttardery and "I canz haz a websites?" that sweetsugamamas site is. You've been duped into thinking you can build a website with their nonsense; and for anything serious (like a business) you can't if you actually care about people visiting and using it.

deathshadow, Sep 8, 2014 IP