1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have never made a penny with Amazon!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by GardenEquipment, May 5, 2011.

1. bbharath

bbharath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am getting only clicks but no sales i will setup the store in this week and ill try some steps from the other members who are doing.

bbharath, May 26, 2011 IP
  2. hhelen

hhelen Member

Best Answers:
    If you are getting clicks but no sale, that means your traffic is not targetted. You have to spend time on the content and try to optimise it for the product you're promoting. Something else you should look into is link building.

Good luck

hhelen, May 27, 2011 IP
  3. v14d1427

v14d1427 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I sell Tablets through Amazon and I hope it will work great. Can I have a look at your site to see how you arranged Amazon ads?

v14d1427, May 27, 2011 IP
  4. Vastidious

Vastidious Peon

Best Answers:
    I've created a few Amazon focused sites. I originally started out with this to be my primary focus. I haven't had as much success as I had hoped, but I'm still working on it I have about 4 sites setup with niche product reviews pointing the visitors to Amazon. I've finally broke through the first $100 so I could get my payment, and I'm working on my second $100. Not there yet. But I have confidence it will come soon.

As mentioned, keyword research is key. You have to get traffic to the site, for people to continue on to Amazon. The nice thing is that when they get to Amazon, even if they purchase something else other than the product you were promoting, you will get a commission for that sale. I've had several who went there from my site, and ended up buying a video or an MP3. Not much commission for those, but it's a sale. Speaking of commissions, after 7 sales, you move from 4% to 6%. Then it keeps going up as you sell more and more. I believe the max commission is 8.5% or 8.75%.

Good luck with it!

Steve Eason
    Jake Media Online

Vastidious, May 27, 2011 IP
  5. wertheim

wertheim Guest

Best Answers:
    I would like to add to this discussion my disclosure that I have been involved in one way or another with the Amazon Associates Program off and on since 1996, and in all that time I have never earned one single penny of money. For the life of me I could never find out. I have made 100's of dollars per month using clickbank products, but I never earned one cent from Amazon. I find it weird.

wertheim, May 27, 2011 IP
  6. bbharath

bbharath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice
    I didnot targeted the traffic for product but targeted them to content and i believe that the clicks have been came from indian members.

bbharath, May 29, 2011 IP