1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have made $1.30 after having adsense for a month.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by chum112, Feb 12, 2007.

1. chum112

chum112 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been updating my site to your advice for the past couple of hours. Can you guys see an imporvement???

chum112, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  2. kumiko83

kumiko83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I see a lot of room for improvement:

1. You've got a cricket site, yet you display links to movie review and 'make money with adsense' sites. How can you be seen as a serious cricket site with these? What type of cricket library has software advice? If you want to give software advice, start a software advice site.

2. Update after every game with lots of details.

3. Redesign the site entirely so that your adsense has a place to go rather than just being placed where it fits.

4. Do you your link exchanges with other cricket sites (preferably more established ones).

5. Post a LOT in cricket forums. And then post some more.

6. Post again in cricket forums.

7. Make a banner or header, just some type of graphic as a title that relates to cricket rather than a woman listening to headphones.

8. Forget about increasing visitors at the moment. Concentrate all your energy on making content and the visitors will come.

9. Take a look at this site: The Home of Cricket and think about why somebody should come to your site instead of this one.

10. Post some more in cricket forums.

I hope that I haven't been too harsh, but I think you need a lot of help. Best of luck!! Let us know how you go!

Kumiko
    xo

kumiko83, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  3. chum112

chum112 Guest

Best Answers:
    No im trying to make it an all round site. Cricket. Financial advice. etc etc what do u guys think?

chum112, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  4. hmpargi

hmpargi Active Member

Best Answers:
    we think :O....

hmpargi, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  5. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    You're shooting yourself in the foot..Like Kumiko said, you need to drive a particular niche your way then keep them there with quality content and the visitors will hang around.

SFOD_D223, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  6. kumiko83

kumiko83 Peon

Best Answers:
    oh gosh....

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're going to cover a small variety of topics, they need to be related (financial advice and cricket are NOT) or else it will all seem disjointed and unprofessional.

If you're going to cover a large variety of topics, your site must be HUGE in order to avoid the above.

Are there are any successful sites that you're aiming to be similar to?? If you can't find a successful site like yours there's probably a reason......

Kumiko

kumiko83, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  7. nizzam

nizzam Active Member

Best Answers:

you did a great job with 250 visitors per day. What you did above is worth..

some comments on adsense:
    No 1: Link Units can be a very good source of Adsense revenue if placed somewhere near the site navigation links. In your case, that area is the left sidebar just above "Chum's Library". The 120x90 links units have to be put at your left sidebar just above Chum's Library.

No. 2 Put adsense (250 x 250 ads unit to support text, image and video) just above "Blogs and News Stories".

That's all. but you have many broken links right? maybe it's still new site.

nizzam, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  8. insomniac29

insomniac29 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been playing with my keywords. I think that helps. Plus, I spent 2 weeks - 4 hours a day adding my site to free directories. I added to 1,000 site directories and 350 or so approved my link. Alot of these directories were PR5-8's.

As far as adsense goes - I am only making about $50 a month on crackerjar.com. This is all mostly organic traffic and links on directories. I get about 400 uniques a day on that site. I've been playing mostly with keywords. Myspace keywords don't pay that much so I am trying to target visitors using tshirt keywords and ringtone keyterms as well.

insomniac29, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  9. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats...it took me 5 months to make $1.50.

Pixelrage, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  10. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone replied to this question - excuse me if they have.

How did you verify your sitemap? Did you put the empty google file in your public_html folder?

Basically there are a couple of ways of verifying your sitemap but that is the easiest - put the file in place and tell Google when you've done it. The Sitemaps program will look for the file and you'll be verified.

pondlife, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  11. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, that s quite bad but you do not have to be depressed.
    I started adsense on the first February -this year- with i blog creted also on the 1 st February - free domain on blogspot.com- and I made already 6.95 dollars.The problem is that I do not have any knowledge about sites, I just used the template that was offered by blogger and I promoted the site and still managed to do some money. The conclusion - you surely can do more.
    Your site seems well designed to me, you have your own domain, but the subject is ...hm....cricket? Not very ...common.
    Well if you want a tip try to benefit from the events that are related to your site. For example i have my blog in the field of soccer and with the upcoming uefa games i already see an increase in my trafic.I have around 300 impressions per day.
    Good luck

nickflame, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  12. nizzam

nizzam Active Member

Best Answers:

yes, it looks unprofessional if you mixed unrelated things into your site. people who go to your site will get confused what type of site you are doing...and then they will go to another sites that look more professional/organized and put ONLY related content.
    Be focused on what you are presenting to your visitors. Let them get what they want to get from your site. The content is king.

nizzam, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  13. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like everyone else has said, you need to focus your site on one CENTRAL niche. Finance and cricket have nothing to do with each other.

I doubt that your traffic base is very high, which is one main reason why you're earnings are so low.

The second reason is because of your ads. I see barely any ads on your site at all, besides for that link unit on the home page. Obviously, you need to incorporate some more ads into your site and blend them nicely if you wish to do better.

So basically, get more traffic and add more ads.

Computerized, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  14. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm going to have to echo.... get a better ad placement. give them a little bit more room below and try a block of ads rather than a link unit. If your site is to make money try to make the ads a little bit easier to see than the content or AS easy to see at the minimum.

Motter, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  15. chum112

chum112 Guest

Best Answers:
    yeh im struggling for ideas to be able to compete with everyone else like cricinfo. They have live commentary and there is now way i can afford to commentate it wih people at the ground. What should i do to compete????

chum112, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  16. chum112

chum112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Just added a couple of interesting pages in worlds worst xi and instead of describing the site i added some recent cricket news as headlines and topics. what do u guys think?

chum112, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  17. djrishi

djrishi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your site is not user friendly. First make user friendly in terms of navigation, layout. Focus on content. Content is the key to success for adsense sites. Then optimized for search engines (SEO)

djrishi, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  18. chum112

chum112 Guest

Best Answers:
    How do i make it user friendly?

chum112, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  19. papek

papek Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you could put 160px wide scyscraper ads under the links on the left hand side. I like your design it's great, maybe because I am cricket fan too, Brisbane. I have 17 inch wide monitor and the pages show also horisontal scroll bars wich cuts portion from the right edge on pages. p

papek, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  20. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

you made less than 1.30 in 8 months?

I get that in 1 click sometimes

KingNomar, Feb 14, 2007 IP