1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have had it with the click fraud on Yahoo/overture!

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by debunked, Oct 27, 2006.

I have been using them for years but a few months back I had a ton of clicks with no sales. Seemed a bit odd that the funds went fast so I checked our webtrends tracking and found sites with yahoo links.

We are not using the content match for obvious reasons (spammers) but we found sites that where mfy (same as mfa) showing the yahoo links!

We reported these sites to yahoo and they said that they are not approved sites and that the clicks didn't count. (Ya right)

So we kept using overture but watching for more of that kind of thing. Now the last 2 weeks the account (and some competitor accounts) are being drained rather quickly and low and behold more of these sites show up in our stats!

I wrote to yahoo again, detailing more and letting them know we are done unless things change - I don't expect a positive outcome since we are not spending 10,000 a month or more.

Anyone else see this kind of crap going on with their account?

debunked, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  2. WritingFreak

WritingFreak Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting post. I've been planning to get an Overture account too but after reading your post, I'm having second thoughts!

WritingFreak, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  3. CanaryWoolf

CanaryWoolf Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had a similar experience recently and it seems to me that either they can't get a handle on the fraudsters who probably set up the money making site for a few months, make a mint and then move on, or worse still they know it goes on and are happy so long as they are taking their bite of the cherry.

What I want to do is for my ads to appear on only recognised SE sites search as MSN, Yahoo, Lycos etc. I've been told this is not possible - yeh right!

I have not had any issues at all with Google adwords and considering that they provide easily 10 fold the number of click throughs I wonder why I'm even bothering with Yahoo Search Marketing.

I have had to turn off all my most wanted keywords because of recent click fraud. It takes a good 4 weeks to get any kind of answer out of them and they seem helpless to do anything about the offending sites in the meantime.

CW :(

CanaryWoolf, Jan 8, 2007 IP