1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have given up on DMOZ,.... a LONG time ago.

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by smirkley, Jul 6, 2010.

1. carbonfiberhoods

carbonfiberhoods Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, most of what Anonymous is saying supports my original thesis. Agent000 likes to build frivolous strawman arguments against it since he has NOTHING of tangible significance or anything logical to say disproving what I said.

The one thing I disagree with is:
    Actually this page is targeted towards site owners. http://www.dmoz.org/add.html

DMOZ actually states that it is a SERVICE in a large H1 font on this page that is specifically target towards webmaster's who are SUBMITTING their sites.

SERVICE and SUBMITTING are all caps, because agent000 habitually lies about the existence of such things.

carbonfiberhoods, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As you are unhappy with the service you are being provided by DMOZ, then ask them for a refund and see what happens.

Agent000, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  3. carbonfiberhoods

carbonfiberhoods Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, most of what Anonymous is saying supports my original thesis. Agent000 likes to build frivolous strawman arguments against it since he has NOTHING of tangible significance or anything logical to say disproving what I said.

The one thing I disagree with is:
    Actually this page is targeted towards site owners. http://www.dmoz.org/add.html

DMOZ actually states that it is a SERVICE in a large H1 font on this page that is specifically target towards webmaster's who are SUBMITTING their sites.

SERVICE and SUBMITTING are all caps, because agent000 habitually lies about the existence of such things.

This is really a trivial point, I only bring it up because I like to see Agent000 try to backpedal and desperately try to justify his obviously wrong logic by trying to redefine the meaning of what he said since he can't lie about it, just further embarrassing himself. Most of what he says can be easily verified as factually incorrect by just viewing the dmoz.org website or looking up the definition of the words on m-w.com

Now he's reduced to redefining words, are you sure you're not a politician Agent000? Cut and paste from your own beloved-sacrosanct dmoz website, even post a screen shot of exposing the blatant fallacies of Agent000's sophomoric arguments and he still too stubborn and ignorant to own up to it. I don't even know where your trying to go with this Agent000, now it's just getting foolish.

I'll reiterate it so you don't pull another straw man argument.

I'm saying:
    DMOZ is overwhelmed, it is inept at handling the SUBMISSIONS
    ---Taking years, lifetime, to process 3 lines of text, as documented earlier
    DMOZ is so negligent they fail to add 50%+ of the submitted sites
    ---Thanks for the info, I didn't know they were this bad.
    (the fact that it is free doesn't disprove the above 2 facts - strawman)

Disprove either of the above two facts.

Conclusion:
    DMOZ is nothing more than a lottery, directory monopoly (maybe not by their own choosing), it has become blatantly obvious that they are overwhelmed and SHOULD no longer be the #1 or #2 authority directory, its links need to be phased out to less authority for SEO results. It would be a lot easier if they just slap some ads on there and get some staff, maybe charge $10 a submission, anything is better than waiting a lifetime. I think I'll get the text "Still waiting for DMOZ" inscribed on my tombstone.

LOL, I did, they told me it would take years to a lifetime for them to process my refund.

carbonfiberhoods, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  4. solution9

solution9 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i hate dmoz... slow things, now a days its waste of time.. no need anymore..

solution9, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do they? I could not find it...

Here, point it out to me: http://www.dmoz.org/erz/glossary.html]

OH OH... yeah, forgot. The ODP changes the dictionary versions of words to suit their own double standards!

Its about time you admitted that getting a listing is something that involves getting PAID.

Qryztufre, Aug 4, 2010 IP