1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have found a way to bypass paypal from holding ebay paypments (high dollar amounts)

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by coach32, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Have any of you sold a high dollar amount item using ebay and when the buyer sends the money, there is either an immediate hold of the funds or they are available in your account, but are soon to be placed on hold?

For example, the buyer sends you a payment, the funds are not placed on a temporary hold and you can hurry up and buy something before paypal/ebay reverses the transaction. Usually when you pay for something, paypal will catch the activity and put the payment you just sent on hold or in other cases, limiting your paypal account asking for your personal info, along with an ebay tracking number.

It usually says "paypal inquiry/temporary hold" and when you click the link it says, "these funds are not available while the transaction is being investigated".

My experience with them was I sold an item worth a little over $600 and when the buyer paid, I logged into my paypal account only to find the funds were there, but there was a hold placed on the funds asking me to ship the item and post tracking number.

We all know where that leads to for high dollar transactions. You receive the money, they tell you to ship the item, buyer doesn't have to leave feedback and can claim it was never received and BAM! Since paypal 95% of the time takes the buyers side of the story, you are the one who ends up losing the money AND the item!

This holding funds is giving the buyer all of the advantages. Until 1 week ago, I have found what appears to be a GLITCH in the ebay/paypal system.

It goes like this. Buyer sends a payment what is considered a high dollar amount, (usually $300 and up) and I can AVOID PAYPAL NOT PUTTING A HOLD ON THE MONEY, and better yet, I am selling with a NEW ebay and NEW paypal account to do it. If I recall correctly, doesn't it say funds will be held if you dont have over 100+ positive feedback and have to be an ebay/paypal member for about a year? It has worked so far as I have done three high dollar transactions and not one hold. (well they did place a hold on the last one I did) but I got around it and was able to make the system release the funds.

I did some googling and it appears I am the only one who knows this method I am doing. Sure, you can always send an invoice that says "service", which makes paypal think that there's nothing to ship, but I am doing it the AUTHENTIC WAY as they are paying through ebay checkout. So basically I have found a way to not have ebay/paypal place the funds on hold, but they will ask for a shipping label. The funds will be sitting there without the worry of being held.

I'm beating ebay/paypal at their own unfair game and so far I'm winning (about $1600 in ebay money and NOT ONE hold or limited account status.

Does anybody else know how to do this? I am willing to show how this is done, but I would also like some "how to" info on something else". Anyone interested, please PM me.

I don't know if it's been a long term glitch or not since I just discovered it a week ago but all I know is it IS a glitch.

coach32, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  2. mooseweb

mooseweb Banned

Best Answers:
    With one post, and a not so convincing statement above, I would doubt anyone will take you up on this offer.

Plus by posting this you have just informed PayPal to look over their entire system which they will do, since they have people who search the internet for known leaks or holes in their software.

mooseweb, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  3. coach32

coach32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? How is that when they don't even know how I am doing it? You have to find out how it's happening before they can take charge.

Also, If I remember correctly, this "holding funds for 21 days" policy started back in April. Surely they would have the problem fixed by now.

coach32, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  4. coach32

coach32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know if it works with accounts in different countries... I'm in U.S.

coach32, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  5. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    why you dont use escrow payment if you are so honest and you are shipp the stuffs ? :) your payment will be far away protected and the buyer have the stuffs ;) ... moust important things when we speack about high valued transactions ( over $500 ) is about protections of ''bad boys '' witch allways love to hit and run .... u know what i mean ...

trustnobodynever, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  6. Hellfire81

Hellfire81 Peon

Best Answers:

Where do you see any kind of offer in the OP´s post?!?! Did I miss anything? :confused:

Hellfire81, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  7. coach32

coach32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not an offer, a trade in info and how to info on a certain site. This glitch I found really works. As I said before, when the buyer sends the payment, paypal will not hold the payment and if you try to transfer it to your bank account, it will go through unoticed. I've already done it 3 times.

coach32, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  8. Marie-AZ

Marie-AZ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "Person4352
    Peon

I don't understand why would you sign up here only to raise a topic older than 6 years whose poster signed up only to post this topic and claim to have a glitch to share. This method is certainly no longer working and no one shall promote such things or encourage people to do it, would have been better if he had contacted Paypal instead..

Marie-AZ, Mar 3, 2016 IP
  9. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You may post screen shot, to make more people convince to your claim.

mentos, Mar 13, 2016 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.