1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have found a strange chinese crowler !

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Mehdi Jazini, Feb 26, 2014.

hi buddies

on today i have found a strange chinese crowler !!!
    at 00:01 morning my auto detection system sent me an important notification to my mobile about accessing to one of my secret (and hidden) files on my hosting!!! no one know what's exact address of that secret php file on my hosting!!! i didn't register it on the robot.txt and sitemaps! this hidden address is something like this:

www/kdfjhgf/jkfhgdf/thefile.php

i ran to my computer and checked the IP and the USER-AGENT string. that was this:

IP: 183.60.214.25 (China)
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; EasouSpider; +http://www.easou.com/search/spider.html)

it couldn't access my data, because i have encrypted the php file and also that was a password protected file... but i'm still thinking: how this type of crowler could find my php file location!!!! Google crowler and and popular crowlers couldn't do it. why it could do!?

what crowler application can find non register (non public) files on a hosting (all file search) !!!?

tnx

Mehdi Jazini, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It may have running a hit and miss program on your server trying any number of random combinations - check your logs
    It may have spyware on your ftp program or your browsers

sarahk, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  3. Mehdi Jazini

Mehdi Jazini Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea... tnx... but i use an anti hack program. it scans all my ftp files for new unknown files, recently modified files, recently deleted files and will notify me by email. no one can hack or deface my website.
    I have found a problem... i forgot to disable file indexing in the .htaccess of that hidden folder :(
    it seems the chinese crowler tried to scan folders that have enabled file indexing service!
    illegal crowl !!! :(
    what's your opinion? was it the reason? tnx :(

Mehdi Jazini, Feb 27, 2014 IP