1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have figured out what Google is doing!

Discussion in 'Google' started by NewComputer, Mar 4, 2005.

1. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Hopefully the competition will be good for us. I'm paying out of pocket for now, but my plan is to get advertising to pay for advertising. It's a 3 year plan that I'm one year into. It's harder then it looks!

noppid, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    A monopoly is much better for making money than competition ;)

Design Agent, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the greatest have less competition, a fair and talented woman has few that can compare to her (Shakria for example) so if you got it, you got it (money).

Google is that fair woman (right now, for the moment), until a better looking and more talented one comes along, ask Maria Carey about that, Shakria blew her off the map when she came out :) :p :eek:

anthonycea, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  4. noppid

Best Answers:
    I know both parites have enough cash to try to monopolize the industry, but forunatly that also works against it happening.

The recent godaddy competition for cheap domain names didn't sell me, but I'd like to see a similar battle in the ad arena too. Wishful thinking I'm sure.

noppid, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Google has ADSENSE competition coming soon, Yahoo will offer a program that is real close quickly.

Google got the ADWORDS interface from Overture and paid out big BUCKS in a major lawsuit that Yahoo won and pays Yahoo royalties to use it today.

6. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    well its going to go from $4 billion to $40 billion by 2008 - so I guess there's enough for both of them ;)

7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Look for Mr. Gates to do the same by purchasing a company like BidClix or TargetPoint :)

8. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Anything to push against adsense would be a good thing, although you wont be allowed both.

9. noppid

Best Answers:
    But when a reasonable alternative is available I for one will consider it. If it is competitive, I will switch. When that starts happening, they will have no choice but react. I hope.

noppid, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  10. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as they dont affect your serps on the other engines..

11. kayser_goldbook

kayser_goldbook Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a theory about MSN, i found out this after my sites gone from google index with my best keywords after 1.5 year. after this happened i didnt realize any changes at my hits because msn and yahoo started to send more visitors. i realized that MSN is too easy to be number one,at least for my keywords much more easier than google. And they are doing this deliberately to attract more webmasters.

kayser_goldbook, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  12. noppid

Best Answers:
    Are we talking adwords or adsense? I saw adsense, if so, why would the ads we show affect us in the serps?

noppid, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What he is saying is true, some engines will discount your pages if your running the competitions ads, they will never admit to doing this, but Yahoo has cut ADSENSE spam network pages from their index already when discovered by humans.

This will be done in the future by automatic algo's.

14. noppid

Best Answers:
    What a ruthless biz. There really is no free lunch.

noppid, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    All business is ruthless, write a check when you have no money.

What happens?

The bank charges you more money ($30.00 a crack) because you don't have any money putting you deeper in the hole.

That is how the rich make money, they use the poor as a stepping stone without regard to who is hurt.

How much are you paying for gas?

16. noppid

Best Answers:
    Don't even get me started. I'm in Florida. One word two problems. Bush.

But that's another thread. :mad:

noppid, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  17. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    google is just holding your links hostage until they mature.

that it's ... that's all ... you can all go back to your homes now. ;)

i fought the sandbox for months while getting zippo in return ... but had #1-#5 on MSN and Yahoo for all my terms on this example.

i had coop links inthe stratosphere compared to my comp. made no sense.

the the superbowl sunday update unleased my site ... well ... now it's in the game ... page #1 for most items, could be better, but now i can do what i couldn't before ... make changes and watch for serp changes in the next few days.

i'm convinced all the theories out there are all BS ... google just went on a mission to discourage webmasters from buying text links because it obviossly influences results so much. i think too many make engines out to be more intelligent then they are. there are a lot of sites out there, that's a lot of computing power.

so then i took another clients site, they were on page 6 for their terms ... #1 strong on MSN and Yahoo ... started byuildig links... now they aren't even on google.

i could be wrong, but i think it's just going through what my other site went through.

i have 5 or 6 projects going, all suffering on G ... they are all NEW sites, they all have strong linking, they all have top ranks on MSN and Yahoo. It's all the same thing.

skattabrain, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  18. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    nothing more annoying that someone throwing loaded grenades like politics into a forum talking shop.

i hear http://www.johnkerry.com/ is looking for talented writers, you should check it out.

19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well SB, double posting is also to the management here so don't be such a harsh critic :)

Back to the subject, figuring out Google, how do you figure out something that is changing daily by looking to what happened in the past?

You think you have them figured out by what you seen yesterday or last week but the algo keeps changing a bit everyday :confused:

I have seen ongoing patterns and I would imagine that some clever software maker will soon come up with a package to enable webmasters to gain intelligence on what Google is doing and will give us the ability to track the past and current movements in real time with charts and the bells and whistles also.

20. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    i know... i know... i was harsh. i just hate off-topic politics.

any ways.... once you get past the sandbox (what puts you there ... i'm not 100% on) ... but you change the title of your page ... change some content and you are up 3 spots 3 days later. this is very visible to me.

i really do think the "where the heck is my site" isms that many including myself are going through is that they quarantine your links.

ask anyone that has busted out of the sandbox. for months they aren't in the first 1-10 pages... then "poof" ... page #1.