1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have been averaging 3 to 4 dollars a day with EPN, and today

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by tyler_durden, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm up too (on QPC preview report). By about 20%.
    I've gone from dreading October 1st, to actually looking forward to it.

ePN might still have some life left in it.

Kerosene, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  2. DatingGold Colin

DatingGold Colin Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm in the other boat....probably down 30%

Its cool though, I run EPN on a site I do for fun and I "invest" anything I earn back into the site by giving away prizes. But I need to start another site to get my clicks up so I don't get "grouped" with all the low earning publishers. EPN has me pegged at 0.14 EPC...when my EPC since starting in January is 0.43....??? I think its because I avg less than 20 clicks a day...so my EPC doesn't change day to day :(

DatingGold Colin, Sep 22, 2009 IP
  3. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    My QCP is 25% of my regular earnings. I'll be switching off EPN at the end of this month. eBay has become a colossal fail in all respects.

geomark, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  4. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like my QCP will be about 25% of my regular earnings also. If this keeps up Ebay will soon loose most of my traffic!

myhart, Sep 23, 2009 IP
  5. Slice_n_Code

Slice_n_Code Peon

Best Answers:
    Jeez, well done...

Slice_n_Code, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  6. hovesh07

hovesh07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My QPC is about 15% higher than the actual total, so I'm hoping this'll be a good improvement.

hovesh07, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  7. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    My QCP estimate really varies depending on the day... some day's the current structure is higher than the QCP... it's really strange. It's seems to be never more than 10% off though.

thesilly1, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  8. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mine is down about 25%, which I am disappointed about as the September preview looked more promising. I also appear to be getting lumped in with the smaller publishers, as I have lots of small sites which each brings in a few clicks a day, which all added up under the old system. But I am wondering whether starting MORE sites is the solution as someone said earlier? I thought QCP was calculated on a per-campaign basis and am wondering whether the solution might actually be to COMBINE some of my campaigns. Anyone got any thoughts on that?

markowe, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  9. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's too early to tell (imo). Based on the description though it looks like selling lots of little products is the way to go. However, I'm sure they've thought of this too... so who knows? IMO they're making it WAY more complicated than it needs to be.

thesilly1, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  10. happytrails32

happytrails32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, they are making it way too complicated, which makes them lose even more credibility and less trust in the numbers they provide you are accurate.. Most don't realize that Google Adsense pays more with better conversions and easier to implement. If my final payout numbers go below my previous months, I'm dumping it completely on my network of sites, and adding adsense back in and maybe some Amazon ads.

happytrails32, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  11. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine's definitely better with Ebay than adsense... haven't tried amazon on the sites but wouldn't want to as it'd be a nightmare to implement.

That being said I've stopped promoting the ebay program as hard as I'd rather get my money into a stable program.

thesilly1, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  12. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Peon

Best Answers:
    So in the end, September brought me QCP Earnings that were only 2/3 of my current earnings. Not as bad as I have heard others affected, but it is considerable.

tyler_durden, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  13. markowe

Best Answers:
    I was about 15% short, not enough to whinge about, though I still have misgivings about how the system works, being as the month began with a VERY low QCP across all my campaigns which brought my overall average down, not to mention some strange patterns generally. I hope this month shows more realistic figures...

markowe, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  14. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad you said this as mine were much lower at the start of the month and then 'caught' up at the end. Not sure if this is just coincidence though.

It'll be interesting to see the results from the first full month of QCP though. :rolleyes:

thesilly1, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  15. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a fan of the new model. Did much better with the old model.

Why not reward people for actual sales instead of some arbitrary quality click model. A quality click is a click that sells!

I'm not going to remove my existing work... took too much time to create. But I'm not going to put more effort into eBay. If I want an arbitrary model for Affiliate product.... I'll just pull ads and drop in Adsense.

15% on my sites is a lot of money. So I guess this will depend on the niche and user.

internetmarketingiq, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  16. Hooper

Hooper Active Member

Best Answers:

Agree would be nice to have a forum spot for eBay...

Hooper, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  17. cashpoint

cashpoint Peon

Best Answers:
    congratulations, dont give up but ensure you keep investing until you statr seeing the dollars in hundreds of thousands. Kudos

cashpoint, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  18. Crazace2006

Crazace2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It always seems to work out to more if you have a big sale with what I am seeing. However my main site hasn't made any money under the new system for about 6 days under the new system, even though it has had a decent size sale and a ACRU in that. But the smaller sites under the same account have made money, up to 50 cent per click. It seems very hit or miss. But I am making more under the new program.

Crazace2006, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  19. markowe

Best Answers:
    Yes, my conclusion too, earnings leap on the back of a big sale (but plummet with poor sales), so I just wonder if it all comes to the same at the end of the day...

markowe, Nov 27, 2009 IP
  20. donluttrull

donluttrull Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats on the earnings and keep them going. I am seeing more progress now since the "tweaking" that they have done so far.

donluttrull, Nov 27, 2009 IP