1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have an awesome product and need help selling it.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tedshred, Oct 19, 2015.

Hey all. I recently developed a DVD set to help people rehabilitate their aggressive dog.
    It is very well done, the quality is awesome. People are loving it.

I put it online a few weeks ago and sales were amazing. Then they dropped off after 1.5 weeks.
    I was able to do close to $20,000 in sales in 1.5 weeks, but now they have dropped off a lot.

I tried some FB ad's, and they did not convert well.

I need help!
    I realize I don't know how the heck to sell this product and I need someones help.
    I will need help to market it, need copy, need a funnel…

Video teaser can be seen here:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
    tedshred, Oct 19, 2015 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great video. Very nicely shot and edited... So you put it online and sales boomed then fell off... How did you release it? This is not a saturated video or product that everyone has heard of. It just needs more exposure.

NetStar, Oct 19, 2015 IP
  3. leezamakin

leezamakin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you should contact a marketing comapny

leezamakin, Oct 20, 2015 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would create a website if you haven't already and do SEO on it. In the meantime and for maybe a faster payoff I would check sites in the dog niche. Contact the bigger sites and see how much it would cost to advertise with them.
    For example this site dogforums . com is a pretty big forum and very targeted to your product. Maybe you could buy a banner, sticky post, sponsorship or create a contest/giveaway.
    For the sites that are monetized with AdSense you can target that particular site to advertise on through Adwords. Other sites may have a Newsletter you can be featured in.

kjh-08, Oct 20, 2015 IP
  5. Shoplet

Shoplet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great Video! Where else have you shared your video? Since this is a new product, you should try to promote your video on a variety of social media platforms. I noticed that you already have a Facebook page for your business, but try expanding to Twitter and Google+. Increasing the view and awareness would definitely help sales.

Another note: Where have you been selling the DVD? If this is purely a e-commerce sale, try expanding it to pet stores worldwide. Not sure what the restrictions and requirements are, but this is a good idea to look into. Hope this helps!

Shoplet, Oct 20, 2015 IP
  6. hogeyman3

hogeyman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. Build a site around this brilliant product.

2. Backlink from articles related in this tight niche.

3. Contact blogs and websites in this niche to see if you can guest post, advertise, or even get some exposure from them by working out a contract where they get a percentage for helping push the product.

4. Rinse and repeat steps 2 and 3.

Hope this helped! Once you have your site built up and some traffic coming in, apply for Adsense, and if you want check out my beginners guide on Adsense.

-hogey

hogeyman3, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  7. Callumm

Callumm Banned

Best Answers:
    Have you considered an aggressive ad campaign with free ebooks, youtube teasers, a blog where you funnel traffic (you can buy thousands atultimatewebtraffic.com or fiverr) and some email marketing? They're a lot of work, but the profit you make makes the effort worthwhile.

Callumm, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  8. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Couple of points, first of all do you have a protection on them against copying? If people buy them and start copying then you are screwed my friend.
    Look into an online release as well, you can have a very simple website to stream these online or use affiliate programs at Amazon or other service providers for
    online release (dig deeper as I am not sure how they work with individuals).
    You also need to spend some of the 20k you earned on re-marketing, do some Youtube ads, Facebook page and etc. I believe also you can have a great social media presence, start FB, Twitter and instagram and promote it there. But do not just advertise there, post useful tips, short videos, and other useful material, once you have people picking up your feed then promote yourwork there as well.
    Good luck

Mehdi.b, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  9. Blooms Only

Blooms Only Greenhorn

Best Answers:

For selling your DVD you have to search a website who sales DVD and CD or just visit one music or DVD store to who will sell this DVD.
    You can make some newsletter for your DVD to reach to the customers and do the marketing through it.

Blooms Only, Jun 13, 2017 IP
  10. Nooha Haris

Nooha Haris Banned

Best Answers:
    you can contact to any marketing company for the help

Nooha Haris, Jul 7, 2017 IP
  11. glodium

glodium Active Member

Best Answers:
    via paper notice, near areas

glodium, Jul 8, 2017 IP
  12. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should contact dog training schools and see if they want to make a deal. They promote your DVD and in return they get a percentage of every sale.

MrKing01, Jul 9, 2017 IP
  13. Bielefelder

Bielefelder Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely build your own website and get it going. There are many free and paid strategies to build some traffic. Build a good lead capture page and build your mailing list.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Bielefelder, Jul 9, 2017 IP
  14. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Bielefelder suggests, start a website around your product. Then it's very much up to you how you want to do with the marketing part. There is the paid route, for example ppc ads and ads on dog forums.

MrKing01, Jul 9, 2017 IP