1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Have About 1500 E Books And About 2000 AUDIO BOOKS

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jason todd, Dec 18, 2014.

I am not really sure what to do with the E books. Many are in Pdf format. in the last 4 months I have been going through them. Listed some on Amazon, Google play, Kobo, and nook press.
    I find that Amazon sells best. I have not even started selling the epub books I got. 25,000 and roughly 10,000 audiobooks.
    The epub books are of ALL TOPICS. Like mark twain, etc. seem to be pretty vintage. The audio books as well seem to be pretty old. Topics: horror, ghosts, and children's.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
    jason todd, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Can you advise as to how exactly you came to own and/or have rights to such a large collection?

jrbiz, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  3. jason todd

jason todd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes. Good question. the 1500 pdf formatted ebooks, were purchased on ebay in bulk. 20 I wrote myself. The 25,000 epub books, and 10,000 audio books were bought from ebay as well.

jason todd, Dec 18, 2014 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And how did you verify that the eBay seller had the rights/ownership of these items that he sold to you?

jrbiz, Dec 18, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro and sweetpea69 like this.
  5. Hungryforsuccess

Hungryforsuccess Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some. Very true points from jrbiz here if you can clear the above issue. I am sure you will find a partnership you may want to ask a moderator to move this post to the partnership section under other. If you do have reseller rights and cam prove it please let me know and I will share some ideas I have.

Hungryforsuccess, Dec 28, 2014 IP
  6. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What are the ebooks about? If they are HQ you can resale them somewhere ;)

pilot35, Jan 4, 2015 IP
  7. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    What you could do is rebrand the ebooks and audios, and link the ones that are the same group and sell those. Create a sales letter and use many of these as bonus items with a high perceived value such as audios, Or burn the audios onto CD´s now you can charge more and ship as a physical product.

I would also create a squeeze page and give many of the high quality e-books/ audios etc away to build a subscriber list and offer your sales page as a OTO ( one time sensitive offer) to your list. Hope that helps.

markinternet, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  8. Caden

Caden Member

Best Answers:
    If they are public domain books, they have to be a certain way on Amazon. You can't just put up any book. Check their Tos. I'd rather do original works, and if public domain derivative works only.

Caden, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  9. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I try to launch now an ebook sales business, maybe we can share opinions or maybe we can work together, who knows?

Mirodenia, Jan 16, 2015 IP
  10. Don La Due

Don La Due Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Jason,
    I personally would use some of your ebooks/audio/ for a membership site. Re-purpose it. You could set up the site and use the products you have to populate it. It would be a good idea to re-write some of the ebooks and maybe voiceover some of the audios and then get some cheap graphics made up.Offer these new creations as bonuses to sign up or out right sell them to the members. By doing this, you would have a monthly revenue from your members AND profit from sales of your products. Just my thoughts.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Don La Due, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  11. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really doubt this guy will be back lol

sweetpea69, Jan 20, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro and jrbiz like this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yup. It has been over a month since he posted and he probably did not like the comments about whether or not the ebooks were legit, etc. It's never fun to think that you may have just bought a pig in a poke.

jrbiz, Jan 21, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  13. jason todd

jason todd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello, thank you for replying. Sorry I have not been near a computer recently. Their authority is uncontested, not just through ebay but many were verified by amazon as well. Some I wrote myself.

jason todd, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  14. jason todd

jason todd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Again, my apologies, have not been in front of a computer.

keep doubting. lol

15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It took you over a month - you can see why @sweatpea69 thought you'd vanished

Personally I'm impressed that from Dec 19th to Feb 2nd you managed to avoid computers. That's incredible restraint!
    Did you use an autoposter for facebook? That's been looking busy promoting your ebooks.

sarahk, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  16. jason todd

jason todd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No my partner never gets off facebook, so I gave him the task of promoting. I will contact you now

17. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to give you a DigitalPoint spanking. Let's clarify what you just said.. Some of the 30,000+ ebook you have written. That number is just 20. Those you have resell rights to. The other 29,980 ebooks you do not. No one invested hours and hours of their time to create an ebook or audio file for some random person named Jason Todd to make money off from. This is just common sense.

As for their authority be uncontested and verified by Amazon even if true....which there's no truth to your statement... amazon isn't in the business to sell books with redistribution licenses.

If you have proof that you have redistribution rights of ANY of these books odds are you have written consent in the form of a contract. How many contracts do you have in possession?

Don't bother answering because you have 0 because you did not mention any contracts in your original post which would have been a HUGE selling point.

As for the dimwit who is offering you a cut of the proceeds by selling the books that you bought from someone who illegally sold them to you.... that's ridiculous. Just pay the $5 with your credit card... resell them illegally and keep all the profit then cancel the $5 charge. Dirty hands for all.

NetStar, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  18. jason todd

jason todd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have a license for each and every book. I really love it when some idiot gets on here THINKING they know what they are talking about. Oh and one more thing... amazon DOES let books get published with resell rights... they just look at each book with more scrutiny. and if you want to SEE THAT YOU ARE WRONG... email me vmnyc1166 at gmail. Ill forward my emails with amazon and show you a few certified resell rights (not contracts) ...

stop giving out bad knowledge... if you dont know what your talking about ... shut up

19. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Um...he's obviously been working on his 21st ebook so he can sell his package of 30,001 ebooks for $4.25 instead of just $4. I'm strongly considering purchasing his package but I have to rent a small storage facility to hold all of the paper release contracts granting him the rights to OWN these books. It may be a while....Mark Twain is hard to reach...

You have a license to redistribute a book written by the great Mark Twain? If you do.....you are a very poor business man to bundle THAT license with the 20 books YOU (a no body author) has written!!!

Now who is the idiot? I don't think anyone is buying your story.

NetStar, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  20. jason todd

jason todd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    uhhh that public domain, and completely legally re sellable... its actually being sold several places... however

after reading your responses it occurs to me that having an argument with you is not worth my time... to me, YOU are the "nobody"

and if you were a man you would have emailed me so that i could have proven that YOU ARE WRONG. but you obviously dont want to hear that.