1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have a new social network called Youchatter.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by minidoggy, Jan 27, 2016.

I need some beta tester to test my new social network. It is called Youchatter.com. I just created it. I am very happy about it. I just need some people to test out the site and let me know what you think. You can go to it at: www.youchatter.com

minidoggy, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I took a look

It wasn't clear from the homepage that the site was going to be one of those "find friends" sites rather than one that you use to connect with your actual friends, like that other site we use.
    I found the layout of the registration questions to be really clunky and not well thought out - and asking me my race and high school is a sure way to alienate me.

When I finally registered I was confronted by a heap of nothingness. The blue menu down the left looks incomplete.

[​IMG]

I went to find friends and because you're still testing the list was predictably short but there didn't seem to be any way to filter or sort the results. I couldn't view someone's profile unless I added them.

upload_2016-1-28_16-57-27.png

I couldn't find anywhere that would let me update my email address, close my account, change my keywords or let me turn off the ability to be found by people who didn't actually know me. There wasn't the ability to link to my gmail to find any members on the system or to invite them to join.

Now, it's bloody hard being late to the market. If you'd shown me this in 2000 I'd have been very impressed but your site doesn't stand up to the original MySpace let alone the current versions. There's no point of difference - I remember the first time I saw pinterest and the "point of difference" was clear.

You don't appear to have a target market, you're not up to the broad markets of facebook, wayn, zing and you don't appear to have a niche (eg goldfish lovers)

You need to spend some serious money/time on design
    You need to spend some serious money/time on the features of the site

But don't do any of that before you sit down, write a business plan, go through it with a friend (hell, send it to me if you don't have anyone) and work out if this project is going to work. It doesn't have to pay huge dividends but a social network without users isn't going to work, and right now there is no reason for users to use your site.

sarahk, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  3. minidoggy

minidoggy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks sarah, I'll work on it. I appreciate your feedback.

minidoggy, Jan 27, 2016 IP