1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback I have a negative feedback from a scammer

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by spy100, Sep 9, 2010.

Hi guys i did not know that you can post problems here:

Here it goes 2 months a a scammer posted a negative feedback on my itrader page now .
    How can i get it removed i tried to contact a admin but no answer.

the best way to prove is look at his nick:TecSupport he has 8 negative feedback and i have only one from him and with a very stupid replay like i hacked his paypal account lol.i don't even know his e-mail address for paypal.

i think the membership is stolen

this is the thread for what i worked for him http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1826275 he never paid also

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
    spy100, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  2. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't have left him a retaliatory itrader, now I doubt if there's anything that can be done.

Helvetii, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  3. spy100

spy100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well i tried

spy100, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  4. cherie_bah

cherie_bah Active Member

Best Answers:
    cherie_bah, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  5. lead2play

lead2play Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    she is right

lead2play, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  6. spy100

spy100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think i left him ,is this it? Click here

spy100, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  7. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem. I got a negative when no trade took place and still no removal of it! Kinda pointless having a "Report" option for abuse of itrader as it is unmoderated as well. And it makes no difference if you leave a retaliatory itrader as DP refuse to get involved in the removal of negatives, full stop. I know, big discussion of this in the members area.

This is what Shawn had to say about it.

"It has nothing to do with arrogance or us investigating if a trade took place or not. Think about what REALLY is being asked here. You want us to launch a full investigation into one particular iTrader. That means we need to contact both parties, get documentation from both sides, conduct an interview about what happened, etc, etc.

One, that's an awful lot of work for us... Secondly, if we do it for one person, then all of a sudden we have 10,000 other transactions people want removed that we need to launch investigations on too.

If someone wanted to hire a (real) 3rd party mediation service to resolve their dispute, we would abide by their recommended resolution. But we don't have the resources to be a free mediation service to everyone that asks. It's just not practical or realistic for people to think we have the time or manpower to do that."

So, we are stuck with them.

They know about it, they know it gets abused and they still will not fix it.

I cancelled my premium membership because of the unwillingness to look into abuse of this.

iNET SEO, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  8. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did a transaction take place between you two? Or did they just randomly leave you a negative iTrader?

If no transaction took place, and you left an iTrader in retaliation, nothing will be done about it (or both of you will be infracted -- one or the other), because you both participated in iTrader fraud as far as I know.

1) If both parties are premium, the deal will be mediated.
    2) You're a premium member right now ;)

bk871, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  9. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    The other guy isn't premium and I am premium because I am still paid up but when this sub runs out, I won't be.

iNET SEO, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  10. Zetiz

Zetiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    itrader section is not moderated. So, hardly anything can be done now.

Zetiz, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  11. spy100

spy100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There was a transaction but he did not pay

spy100, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  12. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you had a large forum you would understand the problems he faces. Staff can't be expected to get involved in deals. It's just impractical. It might suck for those that have problems but we can't just place those problems in Shawns lap and expect him to fix it. At some point you have to act like an adult and be responsible for your own actions.

RectangleMan, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  13. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree 100% that this is a big site, but when abuse of systems starts to happen then the owner needs to also stop acting like nothing is wrong and either fix it or allow some way for these to be removed.

I don't personally like having a negative on mine. As a professional who does this for a day job, that kind of thing is almost like a slur on my name and these can damage reputations. This is why I left him a negative, to explain what had happened, otherwise how could I let anyone know?

I understand from Shawn's points that the reason nothing is being done is because it is nothing more than a plug-in.

However, you grow and evolve... if something isn't working, then you look to try and fix it. especially when it is open to such abuse. And as Shawn is the owner, I am afraid that this lands firmly in his lap.

Did my leaving a negative hinder the removal of the negative he left for me? It seems not, seeing as we keep being told it is unmoderated.

iNET SEO, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  14. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetii, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  15. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    So is it moderated or not? The mods (and Shawn) say no, then it turns out it is? People need to make a decision!

16. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You just don't have to leave one back.

Helvetii, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  17. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    No point in going over this again but if there is somewhere that says this, I would love to see it. I didn't see anywhere where it said "do not leave negative feedback for someone else otherwise you have no chance of it being removed".

18. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simple.

Common sense. :)

bk871, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  19. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, common sense is where you know not to walk in front of a bus. It is nothing to do with hidden rules or where there are discrepancies between mods, users and the admin. If it does say that leaving a negative (for whatever reason...) will effectively ruin your chances of having that negative removed, even if it was abuse of the system, then I would really like to see this because I cant. I may be missing it somewhere?

I seem to come from an slightly different business background than many here and I understand the importance of customer support and ensuring everything is clear for users... not just an understanding that you pick up after being here however long!

iNET SEO, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  20. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you iNET SEO. I am absolutely amazed at some of the responses from mods and other members on this topic. Some of us do a lot of business on these boards and take a lot of pride in our positive itrader. That means I'll even take a hit every now and again by not reporting a member who has done me wrong in a trade in fear of them reciprocating it (unfairly). Sure I do as much research as possible into sellers/buyers who I deal with and don't even care so much about getting scammed. However, if someone ripped ME off and then proceeded to leave me a negative feedback I would be infuriated, probably to the point of leaving. I try to go out of my way on every deal to make sure the customer is happy and it's taken a lot of work to build up my positive itraders - which brings me future work as a sign of trust.

I do understand Shawns point however, that it would be a massive workload to moderate the largely off-board transactions that occur. I would strongly consider getting premium membership if it assured me a better arbitration process for complaining about an invalid negative feedback. That's not to say it should be one-sided and if a premium member was found to be in the wrong they should be severely punished. I have not personally seen any other value in getting a premium membership but can understand why other people would want the extras.

venturefox, Sep 11, 2010 IP