1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Have A Few Questions to Ask...

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Magestry, Nov 10, 2008.

Hey all, here are a few questions I have to ask:

1. I own a dog forum and I was thinking of making it provate, they have to register to view any posts as I get loads of spam and also, loads of guests browse, but hardly anybody visits, should I make them have to sign up or what?

2. I have heard loads about getting mailing lists to send people inviting them to join, I was just wondering how you would send one e-mail to like 10000 people...? Loads of e-mails have like an alowence, so how do you guys do it.

3. If I did make the forum private, it comes up with a horrible "WARNING" and loads of ugly rubbish lol, how do I change that? It is an SMF forum...

4. Does my forum look god, do you like the template, and any help improving it?

Well, thats mainly it lol, I hope you guys can answer the questions!
    (Especially how to send mass e-mails lol)

Thanks!

Magestry, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  2. Setimerenptah

Setimerenptah Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Yeah I would as spammers are a nightmare

2. Watch out you don't get marked as a spammer though as some ISP's will ban you if you aren't careful, you can find threads on it here -Sending mass emails

3. Try looking up how to make a customised page, there will be a way to do it, check your forum provider's help page and forum.

4. It looks ok, the banner is quite fun. I'd maybe carry the orange into the colour scheme below to brighten it up a little and replace the diamond graphic that marks each section with a wee dog graphic or a pawprint or something dog related.

Setimerenptah, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  3. Magestry

Magestry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks for all the answers :D I will see with SMF people lol, thanks again!

Would not mind other answers from other people :D! Thanks guys

4. Magestry

Magestry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, just realised that the whole mass type e-mail is illegal and stuff, I guess I won't be doing that lol, scratch that question :p

Thanks!