1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have a few questions about affiliate marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by zl44, Jul 2, 2014.

Okay, I'm thinking about promoting some products from jvzoo, and I have some questions.
    1) Should I promote products that are top sellers on jvzoo recently?
    2) Can I somehow use paid advertising to promote the product with the url for the product even if I don't own the url or is that no allowed?
    3) Is the best way to promote an affiliate product with your own blog and doing product reviews?

zl44, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  2. Alex Leizerovich

Alex Leizerovich Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Its a matter of testing and really depends on the traffic you get.
    Many of the sales that you see on jvzoo were made by people that have email lists.
    Once you have a big email list and even better create a relationship with your list
    its much easier to sell them these products.
    They have mostly IM/MMO niche products so you need this targeted traffic.
    2. You can set up your own sales funnel. drive traffic to your own squeeze page and have the offer after people enter their emal address.
    That way you build a list, warm up the lead, and dont have a direct link to an offer.
    It's a total waste driving traffic directly to affiliate offers, the lead will be too cold.
    With that said it might take sometime to create a good converting sales funnel.
    You can also use tracking software to disguise even your squeeze page if needed.
    3. There are a few ways to promote. Id say you gotta build an email list.
    It allows you to do many things and promote many products. even create your own product.
    email list is an asset!
    I believe that almost every serious affiliate marketer has an email list.

Alex Leizerovich, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  3. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Top products might not necessarily mean they are the best. Sometimes they could be saturated and difficult.
    I prefer to go for products that have market and not too popular but good as well.

2. It depends on the paid ad site you want to use. Some of the ads site won't allow affiliate links while others don't give a hoot.

3. Generally, you are better off promoting an affiliate site with a site of your own. It doesn't matter if you make it a review or promotional.

It's your call.

Kanonig, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  4. Solar Oblivion

Solar Oblivion Member

Best Answers:
    Top products could be saturated but convert well, it's up to you on whether you promote them or not.

Solar Oblivion, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  5. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    You dont have to promote only top selling products. All that matters is your marketing. If you're doing a great job with your marketing, you can sell virtually anything online. As far as paid advertising goes, it all depends on the medium in which you're trying to advertise on. But in most cases, it's more effective to have your own website, and then issue a redirect from your site/blog/email newsletter to lead to your affiliate link.

Randall Magwood, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  6. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Certainly most of the affiliate sales comes from product reviews and will be recommended step one must aim at, and look for quality products with high conversions and low competition among marketing, this will help you lower the time spent on beating out competitors of the market and more product sales will come in this method.

jazzyjmnote, Jul 9, 2014 IP