1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have $800 to invest

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Hazza18, Jun 3, 2010.

1. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to save your cash, you should do everything regarding your site manually to save money e.g designing, content creation, link building, press release submission, directory submission, social bookmarking. Then you only have to pay for hosting (which you can get for free), a domain name (which can also be obtained for free), and any PPC/other ads that you want.

joshvelco, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  2. kristee

kristee Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO I would say 80% marketing 20% design. Marketing is a must to be visible on the internet.

kristee, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  3. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can buy some other websites.

wildogre, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  4. webworldwonders

webworldwonders Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not invest it, there is nothing to invest in, if you already have a website, maybe some extra cool features, but otherwise keep it to one side. Adwords is useless!

webworldwonders, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  5. PeterWeb

PeterWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    how about forex

PeterWeb, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  6. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    hold onto it until you got sa good plan first

target market products distribution etc

otherwise it will be an $800 lesson of failure unless you plan it out trust me from experience

ErikJ, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  7. The Rich Newbie

The Rich Newbie Peon

Best Answers:
    To be a successful internet marketeer you only need a fraction of that $800. Start investigating a internet marketing strategy that you like, there are thousands of possibilities! What's most important that you stick with the choices you make. It can take some time to become successful, but don't quit otherwise that money will be gone in a heartbeat!

The Rich Newbie, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  8. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    $800 is a tight but nice budget to start marketing a small niche website /

You can get the ball rolling with an article campaign / promoting a clickbank product.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  9. SONIC MINE

SONIC MINE Peon

Best Answers:
    buy a cheap working site you see potential in - work on it - promote it = loads of cash : ) if only .

SONIC MINE, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  10. ConnorMcCreesh

ConnorMcCreesh Peon

Best Answers:
    It is probably worth checking the warrior forums, they have teams that will set up a site in your chosen niche, do loads of backlinking etc and some give you garantees to make back your investment in say 5 months. So that is the longest time frame you are looking at, so at best it will be less. A very good option in my opinion!

ConnorMcCreesh, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  11. netmalls

netmalls Guest

Best Answers:
    Before you invest any of your money, first determine what you are wanting to do.

THEN ask if website - internet marketing is the best route to achieve what you are wanting to do.

You may find another method is a better way to achieve what you are truly wanting to do

netmalls, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  12. Faith69

Faith69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Create a review type site... sign up for website affiliate programs and start earning cash by promoting others work...

Or just send me the cash :) It will give you charitable good feelings LOL (sorry couldn't help myself :)

Faith69, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  13. lolipopo

lolipopo Guest

Best Answers:
    when you decide,think of the ROI,DUDE

lolipopo, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  14. johnpaul007

johnpaul007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Go for a domain and create a blog/website and promote your products or services. Its fun!! Try it. You won't regret.

johnpaul007, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  15. imada

imada Peon

Best Answers:
    Get an idea/business plan, spend $50-100 on hosting and domain, an go to work!

imada, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  16. Curtisswn

Curtisswn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buy gold and silver. Invest some time, focus, and energy into a site. That, or else give it to me, I have an excellent charity in mind....

Curtisswn, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  17. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    If you get a website up and running invest in buying some articles and start an article marketing campaign.

jasonb25, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  18. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't spend more than $100 starting out, at least until a few months down the road so that you can make an educated opinion on where the money needs to be spent. If you spend it all right off the bat you leave a gaping hole in your pocket for when you need it later.

For example, say you do create a great website, are able to design and host it yourself. Well, then you've saved the majority of that money for content creation and advertising. Or vice versa, if you start off, can't seem to get the design right, but are good at marketing, spend the money on a custom design template or whatever.

cldnails, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  19. FlexHost

FlexHost Peon

Best Answers:
    Hosting its one to earn some

FlexHost, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  20. patrickcurl

patrickcurl Active Member

Best Answers:
    hyip? seriously - is there such a thing as a legitimate hyip? - doubtful. I'd say w/ $800 -- decide what you want to market - is it a product you create? If so - there's a lot more profit potential. Best bet is to build a lead capture page for different niche domains -- use PPC and PPV to drive people to these pages. -- these pages can either be affiliate pages via marketleverage, cj, etc- OR you can collect the email leads yourself then market related products and services to them repeatedly over the next 6-12 months. The products you market should be lead based cpa offers - they filled out your form - they'll likely fill out another form. You can make $20 off the right form being filled out.

You could also start a local directory of businesses. Create something really tight that has lots of features and social networking tied in. Go business to business soliciting new clients - charge $25-50/monthly for a listing. Use the $800 to do some mail campaigns or hire a telemarketer to call businesses to add them to the directory. etc.... Think outside the box and you'll do fine.

patrickcurl, Jun 12, 2010 IP