1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i have $50,000.. what should i do?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by shah2k, Jan 16, 2007.

1. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    well i would do real estate but i do not want to make that my primary business especially at this period of time. i was in real estate before and that was originally what my business was and i made money but now its really freaking hard to find a good deal because the market is saturated especially in ny. a typical one family house costs over $550,000...a decent 4 family house is well over a million and rent is still relatively cheap (except in Manhattan but a studio apartment costs over $2m there)

shah2k, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  2. tomcatdss

tomcatdss Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing for you would be a invest in a number of small or medium sized businesses. If one or two of them run into losses, hopefully the others might help to level it off.

Please tell me how we can earn that kind of money($50,000).

tomcatdss, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  3. djriel

djriel Peon

Best Answers:
    I have built brick and mortar business that does over $250K per christmas season putting up christmas lights locally here in Vancouver.

www.weputuplights.com
    We're in the final stages of taking the local business and the online tools that we've created (CRM / Estimate Generator / ecommerce) and offering them to other installers so they can sell and install lights in their areas.

We have over 1300 leads that expressed interest in this business and are waiting for updates from us.

The http://weputuplights.com/opportunity is in creating a platform that connects customers with products and professional installation in their area on an international scale.

We are most of the way there and are looking for partners to take it the rest of the way.

If this sounds at all interesting, please feel free to contact me and we can discuss things further.

djriel, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  4. 30k Challenge

30k Challenge Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll hook you up for a few grand. I'm much too lazy to send you the type of polished business plan you'd expect someone trying to get your money would normally offer but if you want to chat I'll be happy to show you what we can do. Any size investment but it the potential does scale up on the higher end.

Cheers

30k Challenge, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  5. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    If I was you buy some sites generating profits... Or build sites yourself..

That is what i'm doing ;)

KingofKings, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  6. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm working on a unique site that I thought would do better with a partner.

Remember when Digg first came out, this is going to be like that. (not digg like though)

Do let me know, I'll PM you my e-mail address.

clade, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  7. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    lol..well ive been working for myself (with few months in between working for other people) since i was 16 and have my own business. but few months ago i kind of got screwed over by one of my ex employee and i dont want to go back into that kind of business.

this is the money i made off stocks, saved up, etc.

i was thinking of investing in couple of small businesses or start them up but thing is that i need money real bad. my expenses went up A LOT.. i am basically supporting my parents and my siblings myself now and our yearly expense is around $90,000. living in nyc with a huge family sucks :(
    my passive income is about $40,000 so if i can supplement that with another $100,000 or so ill be happy..

shah2k, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  8. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go play poker with it :)

Nima, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  9. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    buy real estate in Romania or Bulgaria. These two countrys have just been accepted into the EU (European Union) and prices are skyrocketting here

iul, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  10. anj109

anj109 Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems like you don't want a brick and morter type business or an online business....hit up vegas and put it all on RED!!

anj109, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  11. vvnh

vvnh Peon

Best Answers:
    Real estate is #1...there is so much to be made there. $150k can take you a long way too.. :)

vvnh, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  12. ecommerce_guru

ecommerce_guru Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Day trading stocks is risky but will do the job...
    I used to fetch around $500/day with $20,000 capital (most of the time i play with margin 2:1)

ecommerce_guru, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  13. 0lgi

0lgi Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello !

Let me give my opinion please !

Personally i would suggest you to work with an forum! Try to open a forum and invest a good amount of money on it (2000-4000$). Try to advertise it in different boards , directories etc. After you have reached 100 000 Uniques per day (you maybe need more than 5000$ to achieve it) then sell traffic to different serious companies! You will also make good revenue from Adsense and from other programs !

So no need to invest all of your money , simply 5000$ and you will see after a period of 6-7 Months.

NOTE : This is not 100% guaranteed , but a friend of mine is using this method and he is earning 20K per month so its a good idea , invest 5K in the beginning (one time) and then earn monthly 5k ;)

Good Luck

Olgi

0lgi, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  14. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just like in internet business.

1) Find a need that is not met by other businesses.
    2) Find your competitors strengths and weaknesses SWOT
    3) Look at the external environment. Laws, regulation, culture etc
    4) Write a business plan
    5) Think of the worst case scenario
    6) Plan for it i.e. contingency
    7) Take the risk
    8) Repeat above steps.

infonote, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  15. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    no i said i want a brick & mortar business but not a restaurant... but they are usually limited to the physical space and location you know what i mean?

and online business is fine if its attached to an offline business.. but not just on some website you know what i mean

shah2k, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  16. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:

i was thinking about real estate overseas. .maybe cuba after fidel dies or whatever lol but.. isnt it all cash? but would you know how to go about buying properties in those 2 countries that wont require me to give money to some nigerian prince who is expecting a trillion dollar inheritance?

shah2k, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  17. browie

browie Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, $50,000 and access to 100 more? WOW dude. I just hope sometime in my life I have 10K in my savings. Ugh

browie, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  18. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    well the 100k is loan.. the 50k is mine
    and its not that hard bro. you just gotta work and do the right thing

shah2k, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  19. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean with the nigerian prince. But I'm telling you...prices for houses, apartments, and land just outside the major cityes are exploding. You could also start building house neighbourhoods if you have enough money. The cost of making a house is much lower here than in western Europe or America mainly because salaryes are much smaller.

iul, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  20. browie

browie Peon

Best Answers:
    I teach, I'll never get there but I mean these people with all this money and these big houses. I'm not talking the famous people. I mean just the people around that live on the edge of cities is getting crazy.

browie, Jan 17, 2007 IP