1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have 27 Websites And No Traffic.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by goodman441, May 24, 2010.

1. pointskey

pointskey Guest

Best Answers:
    keep the potential ones,and get rid of others.put your focus on which it is worthy

pointskey, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  2. goodman441

goodman441 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What comment are you referring to?

goodman441, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  3. dave_85

dave_85 Peon

Best Answers:
    you should have all your sites info sent across as many social networks as possible for maximum traffic

setup accounts on every single social networking site and use hellotxt.com

you WILL get traffic

dave_85, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  4. 282admin

282admin Guest

Best Answers:
    27 sites and no traffic on any :O

badluck !

282admin, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  5. goodman441

goodman441 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Every Single Social Networking site? That is alot....does anyone have a good list of the best ones? Can you explain in more detail how this works...I am interested in it.

goodman441, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  6. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Start with:
    www.digg.com
    www.mixx.com
    www.jumptags.com
    www.delicious.com

You can also go to OnlyWire.com and submit to a bunch of these services at once.

But again - at the end of the day, content is king. If your websites have great content, social media marketing will work wonders. If no one wants to read your content, this method wont work at all.

dlm, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  7. kaiseng

kaiseng Member

Best Answers:
    You can use google adwords service. they are the best in this business

kaiseng, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  8. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gotta have a REALLY good converting page to justify what Adwords costs.

If you're paying 30 cents per click, you have to make a good deal more than 30 cents per visitor to make it work. And something tells me the OP is not...

Sloth, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  9. itsallgood

itsallgood Peon

Best Answers:
    dude your shutting everyone down. Keep your sites. Because ovbiously you are not willing to part with them. I can understand that. From they way you are talking it seems that you have put a lot of work into them. Do you have an autoresponder set up on your sites, so you can buil your list. Are you giving away and free info. Do you have a full understanding on what your prospects want. I use stuff from the public domian re-vamp add links in it and offer it as a free product to my subscribers. Has double my monthly intake of subscribers per month. I usually have an area on my blogs were I get people to tell me what they want in a product. What they are looking for. This is priceless. Because the bigger my list gets the more people are telling me what they want. I either look for it or create it myself and sell it to my list. Also work with one site at a time. Start doing research on your product. This would be my first step. Research. Then follow the rest of what I have said above. Do at least one thing everyday. Also write one article per day on your product. You might think this is hard or a waste of time but it works. Just use it for your blog content. The search engines love unique content. The last thing you want to do is for google to say goodbye because you are using PLR articles that have been sold to a million other users who are using the same article for their product or service. At least make an attempt to change the article itself. Get a general idea on what they are writing about and re-create it. This is what I did when I first started out. It worked quite well. I don't do it anymore because I have been doing this for a long time now and I can write almost about anything. Just a few quick searches on the web grab some points and write away. Well as I just finished writing this comment could see that you submitted this back in July 2008 I hope all has gone well since then. It would be interesting to know how eveything has gone since then and what advice you took on board and is their any that you are will to share and give back.

itsallgood, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  10. Rosans

Rosans Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to disagree about adwords, I have only just started promoting my 1st ever commercial website. I placed a few targeted ads, slapped some keyword in that I thought were relevant, didn't really do much research but I still managed to generate traffic and make a few sales.
    I did actually spend more on the advertising than I made in profits but not huge amounts, I spent less than £100 in total.
    If I had done the research better and promoted my site using better keywords I may have made more cash but for now I have pulled the plug on adwords until I have read more advice on sites like this one. Adwords works for anyone, not just the big boys, if it doesn't work for you then you really need to look at your websites, their content and your competition IMO.

Rosans, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  11. CJ.Online

CJ.Online Peon

Best Answers:
    You've got to start guest posting man!

Guest posting is when you write posts for other peoples blogs and link back to your site at the end of it. It's one of the best ways to gain traffic and get access to the visitors and all the traffic that other sites are getting.

Some great sites to write guest posts for are:
    FamousBloggers.net
    RobsWebTips.com
    Blogussion.com

and there are a lot more out there, including my own. But seriously if you want to get traffic to your sites for free, then start guest posting!

CJ.Online, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  12. MLS70

MLS70 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    goodman441 firstly well done for tacking action and putting something out there, thats more than most do so I salute you.

Now you need to look out why it isnt working.

Marketing online or offline requires putting something out there then looking at making it working better.

Could you tell me what your thought process was in relation to these sites?

Theres a lot of rubbish information out there and I just wondered if you though that all you need to do is build the site and that will be enough. Unfortunately its not as easy as many make out, but those that are successful find ways to make it work.

Would you care to share that with me?

Perhaps from there we can take a look.

All the best

Matt

MLS70, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  13. Joshua Kelly

Joshua Kelly Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Goodman441,

One of the quickest, cheapest and easiest ways to get traffic to your site is to start participating in relevant forums. For example if I posted a link here to my site that was a super useful guide on how to get more traffic to your site, would you click on it? Hell yeah you would...

So lets say you have a site in the gluten free niche. Google "gluten free forums" and sign up for the site. Then just start answering people's questions in the forums.You'll notice often times the same questions come up again and again. You are seeing a an unfulfilled need in the marketplace - aka a business opportunity.

This time, instead of writing your response in the forum, write a quick article on your website answering the question and then write a brief introduction to your article in the forum with a link.

I know people who have gotten to several hundred super-targeted visitors per day using this method.

If you already have a lot of high quality content on your site, you'll find this method even quicker to utilize because you'll already have some of the content to start answering questions with.

Joshua Kelly, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  14. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should know how search a website gets traffic from search engines as we can't depend on referral traffic.

The more activities you make on your site (creating content and promotion) the higher ranking your site would have..

So start with one site, don't think of any black hat things, write quality articles every day, post articles on your site regularly and build quality backlinks using relevant sites, it would really give you good benefit and you would be able to see the outcome in almost 2 months..

SERPpoint, Jul 15, 2013 IP