1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I hate WesternUnion. Here's why.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vitalbusiness, Oct 7, 2010.

I wanted to send money to my mom in Russia (I am in the US). WesternUnion declined my transaction and you know why? Because they couldn't confirm my cell phone #.

WesternUnion that sucks. You have representatives who speak poor English. She was polite though. She held me on my cell phone for 15 minutes just to tell me my phone # can't be verified. I am very disappointed in your service and I am urging now others not to use your online service.

What does my cell phone # have to do with me? You are extremely outdated if you do not realize that a lot of people are using prepaid cell phones these days.

Why don't you go back to sending telegrams!

vitalbusiness, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  2. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I have used WU once, but no problem with cell phone. I went to a branch that installed in my country and gave them info where to send money.

and like you, I hate moneybookers, they locked my account with a little amount of money and asked me for provide some documents. after that, my account was terminated.

you know what, paypal is the best, I am from a country that paypal doesn't support, therefore I used to register as an Indian account. when indian account requires PAN number, I sent a email and told them the truth, that I am not an indian and I used to register as an indian because my country doesn't support paypal.

you know what they said ? they instructed me to close the account and open an account as a different country. and I am still using that account without any problem. paypal always thinks about our side. that's why it's the #1 payment method that billions of people use.

Koala, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  3. The Peoples SEO

The Peoples SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing to do with your cell phone, Russia allows alot of hacker's to empty banks account's, so there is a trust issue there that makes it harder to do business there.... I seen a show on 60 minutes on how hackers in Russia have stolen millions upon millions of dollars online, and the Russian government refuses to prosecute them. So once they clean out your account there is no way to get your money back... Had it been another country like the U.K I'm sure they wouldn't have gave you trouble... I've sent money via W.U before and never knew they made you verify your cell phone...

I take it you are a proud Russian, but you can't ignore the scams that go down over there... It had nothing to do with you, but the policies of that country... It's more of them trying to protect themselves, and you the consumer...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    The Peoples SEO, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  4. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    You see the thing is I am a US citizen and I have credit and debit cards from a large US bank. This is just downright stupid if my cell phone # is more important than my credit card. It's pathetic. Just like WesternUnion is. They've lost my business. I hope they lose millions of other customers.

vitalbusiness, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  5. SlaveMan

SlaveMan Peon

Best Answers:
    wow that is crazy...

SlaveMan, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yay my assumptions where correct you're Russian .

Also why don't just wire the money to her bank account . I know it's not cheap but it's faster then Fail Union . Or you might try to send her a Payoneer card .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  7. elektra

elektra Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, i think bank transfers will be a good choice. It goes directly to her bank account and you don't have to go thru all the hassle.

elektra, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  8. CilliaClaraford

CilliaClaraford Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate western union to.

CilliaClaraford, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  9. james2007

james2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Western Union SUCKS!!! The most aggrevating, piece of shit, out sourced, program when you need it in an emergency.....Damn idiots....GRRRR

james2007, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  10. Little_Big_Corgi

Little_Big_Corgi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the warning :) I always use Money Gram, never had a problem, the transaction is smooth and quick. I recommend you use this next time :)

Little_Big_Corgi, Oct 11, 2010 IP