1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I had no idea this kind of forum existing

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CW12, Feb 29, 2020.

Hello Folks,

Nice to meet you all - I'm Charles.

I've had a goal to generate side income for years but failed miserably at it and I gave myself excuses such as too busy, kids, demanding work and so on. My idea was some blogs, and perhaps some SaaS utilities (I love to code in python). So the previous year I thought I'd try buying a few blogging websites from flippa which was a hit and a miss. My thinking was that if I get something which has some momentum then it'll be easier for me to learn. It was partly too, I could do that, but I found for some sites it was rather expensive. People had faked traffic quite a bit. If anyone wants any experience sharing, happy to share. Anyway, after that I decided to look into blogging, internet marketing more seriously and have been learning slowly from different types of resources which has been fascinating.

I had no idea a forum like this existed, there's a huge amount of content and knowledge which people are willing to share which is fantastic! Looking forward to exploring more!

Y'all have an awesome day!

CW12, Feb 29, 2020 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sad to hear about older experiences with scammers who sell sites by faking traffic.

Glad that you are here, will help if we can!

JEET, Feb 29, 2020 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How much did you pay for each blog on flippa?

Personally, I'd never buy a site, because I can build a site from scratch. That and also the problem with fake traffic you've mentioned. The logic is very simple: If a site has good traffic, why in the world are they selling it? (There are some exceptions, but they are rare). So anyone who claims "they've got a site with good traffic, but because they are busy and need to take care of other things and that's why they are selling it" are not telling you the truth.

qwikad.com, Mar 1, 2020 IP
  4. CW12

CW12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    About $300-$1200 each. Some of them were terrible, but i had 3 that were really great, and there was simply one reason which was the content.. there was about 300 articles (which i checked were unique). For that blog which i paid $1000 and it was a bargain since it worked out to be about $3 per article. After 6 months of adding some moderate content to it (about 5-10 articles per month) it earns enough that it will cover the cost of all the costs of the others by the end of this year. The guy was in the business of churning out these different blogs and trying to sell it quickly as he wanted cash now rather than 12 months late.

So worked out for me. But it was dumb luck on my part that i laneded on this since i wasnt aware of scammer traffic.. if i had known that earlier rather than traffic i would have only focused on: (1) amount of unique content; (2) value of content - are people searching for it; (3) google ranking potential

CW12, Mar 1, 2020 IP
    komrad and qwikad.com like this.
  5. Redmond G

Redmond G Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there, Welcome to DigitalPoint!

This is certainly the best place for advice, as I have found out over the years!

Hope your luck changes buddy.

Redmond G, Mar 9, 2020 IP
  6. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your experience buying sites on Flippa. I myself prefer buy it from Latonas. They have quality sites most of them. Anyway, Im not affiliated with them anyway.

komrad, Mar 9, 2020 IP