1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I had enough of auto link chasers

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by expat, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I've now started to include graphical mail addresses for link requests. Why?

I've had it with the auto link chasers and their educational e-mail specially if it states do not reply to this e-mail. I usually send a line back just to see if someone is alive at the other end. "I have visited ...." F*** they haven't, their b***** software has and it is usually indiscriminate.

Yes, getting links is tedious and there is a temptation to automate.

We all have the stuffed links page that no visitor ever looks at. Why not admit it, these are just glorified junk yards for SE's.

But to get real quality links for SE's and visitors and real mutual benefit takes more and it takes time.

A link on a "thank you page" or our recommended links to further explore... and embedded content links are the ones of real value and power.

Anyone can hold up a bank and than write a large cheque to get 1000's of links from a site - I know that, you know that and so do the SE's.

What does reciprocal linkage actually do?

It introduces one more site/page. If that site/page links straight back does one think it's a believable endorsement link, specifically if it's the classic pattern sub page to home page?

Pseudo directories are another classical. "...enter your site details and give us reciprocal link...." Looking on their detail pages, all links are scripted. Who do they think they are? Or the base page has PRx and the cat page has 0 not x-1 or x-2 which I could understand.

Than there are the offers to link from stale content. Do I really want to link to or a link from a page that has a date of two years ago?

It is a complete nonsense that one needs large amount of links and large amount of SEO to do well. Content was and is king.

Here is an example:

(www.house-content.com) "house and content insurance" G pos 120 Y pos 1 I pos 2....
    It's a 6 page holding domain using blatant affiliation but giving two important little tools, a rebuild calculator and a content value calculator and it's a good deal. Some quality links from insurance sites/pages some links out - 250 uniques a day.

An at the end of my rambling yes I do get the occasional gem.

....we've linked to page .... for the benefit of our visitors.. we are new ...

we are about ... we have .... boy do I go to great length.

Oh and here is a tip to get a link from a large high powered site.

Generate a page using their content and pictures incl. copyright!! put your own spin on it and send them an e-mail with the precise link,explain why you have copied and why it's of interest to your visitors. It must be genuine.
    Don't use "We have linked to you" in the subject line, be inventive.
    "Our visitors like your site...", "We have nicked your content" or "We have blatantly copied some of your content" Will get you undivided attention for 30 seconds make the most out of it.
    M

expat, Apr 28, 2004 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I recently decided that I needed to do something about my backlinks for my property management software site, a chore I avoid. My "USP" was that links can earn revenue through affiliate sales which makes it a bit more than just a page rank mechanism.

So, I grabbed some of the info from this site and joined some of those links dating agencies. What utter bs! I put myself down as "real estate" as that's the industry we serve. So far I've had ink cartridges, web hosting and clan games coming through. So much for "authority" and targetted linking.

Plus the sites don't give you the opportunity to "invite" other sites or give them advance notice that you only want targetted links.

I'm just letting it passively sit but if it starts taking up too much time rejecting more than I accept then I'll remove myself from those sites. We'll see.

That said, Expat - I'll be in touch :)

sarahk, Apr 28, 2004 IP
  3. eCommando

eCommando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to join those sites but decided against it.
    If you want quality links, you just have to do it manually. It's hard work but seems like it's the best way.

eCommando, May 13, 2004 IP
  4. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Ha,

eCommando just visited your site and tried to link. I do appreciate links but why is it such offers - like give us a link and get 4 back never show what is required up front? -
    Wasting time and resources. I've had to have four windows open development, update, your site and e-mail.

Second your link src does not work. I've placed a link to your site BUT I have changed it as for example I will not allow an unsized picture nor will I be bound by text colour and size and the funny text <--- here starts x is just balooning html thus I delete such things. It's not found

I've now wasted 10 minutes and given up as I have no time to earmark sites to check what may happen tomorrow or next week.

Your site is on http://www.natural-remedies-clinic.co.uk/links.htm

Although the the bloody flickering ad shown when I looked gets on my nerves.

Oh one last point: why is there not a comment box or graphical e-mail contact. I could have offered high value links from similar domains .....
    M

expat, May 14, 2004 IP
  5. eCommando

eCommando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Thanks for your comments.

We can manually approve the links if you just sign up with a high PR link and tell me where the link is. Your links is approved now. You should be able to see it in our directory.

The link code was designed so that it can be approved automatically, and instantly instead of waiting days for other webmaster to approve.

You don't need to worry about hidden image because it's not a link or a hidden link. This is the way most web sites track traffic (almost all affiliate programs, and hit counters use this method).

One thing with not putting our link code exactly is that your site will not rank high because there will be no hits coming in.

Thanks,

eCommando, May 14, 2004 IP
  6. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the directory a lot, very nice site eCommando!

schlottke, May 14, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.