1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i got this error 1104: while executing the query

Discussion in 'Databases' started by sukhpreet_ahluwalia, Jul 15, 2008.

i got this error:
    ERROR 1104: The SELECT would examine too many records and probably take a very long time. Check your WHERE and use SET OPTION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 if the SELECT is ok.

I used set sql_big_select= 1; statement before the query. But still the problem
    is continuing.

Query is such that there are four tables feeder,sentout,ht and lt... now in feeder and sentout the fields feeder_code and subdivision_code combination row is unique...But in the ht and lt tables the feeder and can have combination with different subdivisions which is now not fixed..Now i want resultset and feeder_code and subdivision.. having all the combination in the four tables...

Query is as below
    ----------------
    SELECT distinct f.feeder_code ,f.subdivision_code from feeder as f,sentout as sot,ht,lt where
    (f.feeder_code = lt.feeder_code and f.subdivision_code = lt.subdivision_code and
    lt.month = 4 and lt.year = or (f.feeder_code = ht.feeder_code and f.subdivision_code = ht.subdivision_code
    and ht.month = 3 and ht.year = or (f.feeder_code = sot.feeder_code and
    f.subdivision_code = sot.subdivision_code and sot.month = 3 and sot.year =
    UNION
    (SELECT distinct lt.feeder_code ,lt.subdivision_code from feeder as f,lt where lt.feeder_code != f.feeder_code
    and lt.subdivision_code != f.subdivision_code and
    lt.month = 4 and lt.year =
    UNION
    (SELECT distinct ht.feeder_code ,ht.subdivision_code from feeder as f,ht where ht.feeder_code != f.feeder_code and ht.subdivision_code != f.subdivision_code and
    ht.month = 3 and ht.year = 8 )
    order by feeder_code,subdivision_code

Plz help me as soon as possible. I have to solve the issue at earliest.

sukhpreet_ahluwalia, Jul 15, 2008 IP