1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I got SCAMMED. Anyone know how to chargeback?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by punkd, May 29, 2007.

1. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Devin is right, you have no chance of getting you money back if you did what Devin stated with money exchange. In fact, if you turnthe person in , you will lose your own account for violating the TOS of paypal.

This is risky business and in my opinion, not worth it. The scammers know what they are doing and they are getting you to violate TOS so you have no recourse. Basically you just bought yourself a $340 life lesson.

allout, May 30, 2007 IP
  2. TREYC

TREYC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I've beaten disputes on PayPal before (although it might've been because the person claimed it was an "eBay transaction", when it wasn't) and it definitely isn't that easy.

I just compiled as much information on the sale as I could, including screenshots and e-mails. From there, I put everything into a neat little package and sent it over to PayPal. I'm a native English speaker, and the person that was trying to scam me clearly wasn't. I think that might have been the difference as he didn't really communicate with PayPal... but to each his own.

It's worth a short, if you were really scammed you'd be able to provide proof of it.

TREYC, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  3. jeanericblass

jeanericblass Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    did you open a dispute?
    You can send a request with your CC company that you're using on Paypal I think.
    "Wait for the credit card company to notify PayPal of the chargeback request. Once PayPal has been contacted, the credit card company will get the money back from PayPal and give it to you. PayPal will then go to the seller and place a hold on the money from the sale in question and request more information."
    http://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Chargeback-Over-PayPal

jeanericblass, Aug 22, 2017 IP
  4. jeanericblass

jeanericblass Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yahoo.....hy guys i recently refund my money from paypal here is that [​IMG]
    and my dear the wiki and this guide "https://www.withintheflow.com/how-to-chargeback-on-paypal/" help me to test this action that how to chargeback or dispute on paypal for getting my money back.

jeanericblass, Aug 25, 2017 IP