1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I got kicked out of google adsense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by david_sakh, Oct 6, 2004.

1. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice..... very well done ;)

NewComputer, Oct 13, 2004 IP
  2. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, that is a problem with pay per click programs. They will be always people that would like to cheat eg. G**gle. I have read that in India are a company that gives 200$/month to people who would click at theirs google Ads.
    In other hand there are really people that they didn't do anythig wrong and they are "suspect". Do you thought that everybody could kill somebody google Adsense account just clicking at his Google Ad everyday for 10 min?

tomecki, Oct 13, 2004 IP
  3. Profi

Profi Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello,

AdSense is a cool program, but it has a few „underwater stones“ which one should know not to be disqualified! So if you will get a message from Google “It has come to our attention that invalid clicks have been generated on the ads on your web pages. We have therefore disabled your Google AdSense account.” etc then you should not be surprised, because most likely it was due to the invalid clicks.

Here are a few insider tips:
    1. Never click on your Google advertisements with the public IP address that you use to log-on into your Google account (they register it and thus may disable your account!) (if you do not know how to obtain your public IP address go to www.askprofi.com);
    2. If someone wants to ruin your Google Adsense, he may do a few hundred of clicks within one hour on your Google advertisements and you are lost! There is no simple defence against this at the moment. AdSonar is more advanced in this case because they allow you providing a list of IP addresses which can be blocked (not counted as valid clicks). AdSense from Google is weak here.
    3. Pay attention to the following: the rate (number of clicks * 100 / impressions) should not be more than 10 %. If > 10 %, it may become suspicion for Google.
    4. Your web site users are not interested in Google advertisements? There is a simple method on how to change it (www.askprofi.com).

Best Regards,
    Profi

Free software development support and more …
    www.askprofi.com

Profi, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  4. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    I have since been forgiven and reinstated. Thanks for all of your support during this wierd time.

david_sakh, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I guess spammers are good for one thing. They revived an old thread and because of it we got an update. Its almost worth it :)

yfs1, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Stupid spammers...

fryman, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  7. Swebbie

Swebbie Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't believe this is the case at all, but obviously I don't know for sure. I have several sites running AdSense ads (probably a total of about 1500 pages). Some of the pages get low CTR (1-2%), but one site routinely gets 17%-24% CTR every day. My traffic comes almost entirely from organic search engine results (about 95%) and links from related sites. In over 6 months, I've yet to have any problems with Google. It doesn't make any sense that they'd put up red flags based on an arbitrary CTR number. It does make sense that they would red flag an abrupt increase, however. I'm sure they have algos that dig into patterns like that and investigate thoroughly. But a % that trips some kind of alert? I doubt it.

- John

Swebbie, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  8. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess the key here is not to try anything underhanded. I screwed around and added my page to favorites lists and homepages across the university. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have been in trouble in the first place.

I guess the key here is to let the mechanisms of the system work themselves and use honest design and promotion methods if you want to increase your profit.

david_sakh, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  9. silenced

silenced Peon

Best Answers:
    forget about adsense and find a new sponsor for your site
    clikinng ads from same ip likes laboraty computer class or cyber cafe is very suspective behaviour google is very sensitive for these type of clikings

silenced, Jan 9, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  10. pentium9

pentium9 Peon

Best Answers:
    I partly don't agree with your point of view! bcos in some countries like China cyber cafe is still very popular! 60% of them access to internet from cyber cafe! and if Google suspects all those clicks they probably close their own business! bcos more than half of the publishers will be suspected to have invalid clicks!

Another point is laboraty computers! how many of you access to internet in your school? during school days I spend more than half a day in school to surfing internet simply because of my school internet speed is excellent! I myself clicked the google ads in this forum several times when the ads is about "increase your ads revenue" or " increase your CTR". So times with some of you I think Mr. Admin in this forum will have a big trouble with Google!

pentium9, Jan 9, 2005 IP
  11. nriweb

nriweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i m sure google must have a sane procedure in place by now ... and only when u raise a red flag multiple times they take such drastic action...

multiple clicks from the same ip will surely be caught and will not be accounted as a valid click but if a single set of multiple clicks cause an account to be disabled i m sure a lot more sites would have seen this problem... ofcourse some of the webmasters are lucky to get away and some are unlucky ...

the single biggest mistake would be to login from ur school/office account into ur adsense and check the stats .. avoid that as that would definitely raise a big red flag ...

one small mistake that may be caused unknowingly would be to click on the adsense ad on this forum when ur share of ads are displayed here ... :)

my two cents ..

nriweb, Jan 9, 2005 IP
  12. Swebbie

Swebbie Guest

Best Answers:
    I continually test various AdSense colors and placements to see if I can creep up my CTR. One thing I've noticed is that you must be very careful if you use a borderless block (250 X 250 square or one of the large rectangular options) within your main content text. I have twice in the past month inadvertently clicked on an AdSense ad when trying to place my cursor near some text that was close by. I immediately wrote Google to alert them to my mistake. Not sure that matters to them, but I did get a response that was neither reassuring nor alarming. It seemed canned, but they did thank me for informing on myself. LOL :rolleyes:

-John

Swebbie, Jan 9, 2005 IP
  13. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything from google seems canned. I suppose they have a large number of whiny, but understandably concerned clients. You know, if they just disregarded publisher clicks instead of taking action, it would save so much headache and anxiety.

david_sakh, Jan 10, 2005 IP
  14. pentium9

pentium9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Okie! the worst thing happens to me today! they closed my account!

I don't know how to express my feeling now! and may be some of you think "he must do something wrong"! I swear with god I did not click my own banners even one! I read and fully understood the terms and conditions! I know what is the consequence I may have if I click my own banners! but ..... they closed my account without any explaination except for fraudulent clicks!

I contacted them already and explained the situation! I dont know how many percent that they will review my situation! because I'm just a very small fish in ocean! hic hic!

Oh! God! ...! unbeleivable!

pentium9, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  15. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    this is the kind of thing that scares the hell out of me. Maybe thats why tier being so aggressive - so scare people?

joeychgo, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  16. Swebbie

Swebbie Guest

Best Answers:
    I suspect Google is being this harsh for one major (and good) reason - they literally make about 95% of their income from AdWords clients. The LAST thing they need is even a rumor springing up that people can scam by fraudulently clicking AdSense ads and get away with it. AdWords isn't alone...they have major competition. If I ran Google, I too would aggressively whack publishers that their algos showed were producing fraudulent clicks.

Now, does that mean some innocent folks might end up dropped by Google? Yep, read these forums and you'll see it happens a frightening number of times (assuming we're getting honest stories). It sucks and I'll be screaming too if they gig me for something I never did. But, I have to say, as a businessman, that I totally get why they're so harsh. It's called survival!

-John

Swebbie, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  17. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Well put...I agree with Swebbie as a business man you must understand this. I actually run AdSense and Adwords and understand both sides of the fence. I recommend, to get a good grasp of Adsense, to try AdWords first.

Homer, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  18. EdenView

EdenView Peon

Best Answers:
    Amen!!!

Also, it will give you a bigger heart for the other side of that monthly paycheck ;-)

EdenView, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  19. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I signed up, was accepted and then declined because I provided my permanent US address but not a soc security number.
    So I know little about the affiliation.
    Still, I'm a bit afraid, couldn't they just not count clicks from the same IP?
    I'm going to sign up again, it's not that I am going to rely on large amount of money, still, I would really hate getting kicked out because someone in my area enjoys clicking on the ads. Either for fun or to get me kicked out! :eek:

uca, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  20. pentium9

pentium9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Okie! this is the last piece I wrote to Google! you might think this is crap! but this is what I am really thinking!

====================================

Hello!

Okie I got your point and I know it is worthless to explain anymore! however I want to "discuss" something that I hope you are patient enough to read this.

Just get back to 2 months ago when I first approved by Google. I was so happy when my earning is $ 0.93 for the first day. More than ever I love Google and I answered the survey to help Google improve perfomance, I wrote article about Google Adsense and published it on my site, I refered Google adsens to most of my fellow webmasters .... But what do I have at last? banned from Google! this is the "thanks" Goolge gave me at last!

We both know how Adsense network works! visitors click on ads, we have a certain amount and you have the majority! You protect your Advertisers from being abused, because they pay you. But remember the fact that without pulishers, advertisers are equally wothless. Simply because of with only your search engine you can do nothing to gennerate profit.

One item that many Google Adsense acounts are worry about is the posibility they will be banned by Google with innocent fraudulent clicks. You are not able to protect us from being abused! for instance somebody spends an hour and continuous click my ads or use robot! and I'm lost! what will you react? "close account - no explaination - sorry - byebye"

We are playing the game together, you are the ruler! unfortunately we have a bad ruler! if you make mistake we only can contact you and "beg" for solutions. If we make mistake! no warning! no sympathy whatever the reason maybe! we are kicked out of the game! you care your advertisers much more than you do with your publishers! but you forget the fact that publishes are also your partners, days by days help you to generate profit! I have the feeling that Google is forming a monopoly on Internet!

Hopefully after my case Goolge will take the innocent fraudulent clicks in to serious consideration! otherwise one day many people are disapointed with Google! And Google is only a website, without visitors you would probably shutdown your business.

Wish your company goodluck and with Google Adsense

Sincerely

William, Vu

pentium9, Jan 12, 2005 IP