1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I got kicked out of google adsense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by david_sakh, Oct 6, 2004.

1. xml

xml Peon

Best Answers:
    You are too greatful to Google. They ONLY do it to earn money for themselves. Why are they not more grateful to us? We're doing them the favour.

xml, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  2. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    well, they didn't respond to my last 3 letters today. I wonder if the dark lords are actually giving them consideration. :p

I've already set up ads with adhearus, allfeeds, and clicksor. (although I've long-since removed crappy allfeeds from my site). Do you think fighting for adsense is worth it, even if I DO get my account back, if I could just use adhearus + clicksor and not have to worry about this bull?

david_sakh, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    For every buck you got with adsence, you will get 10 cents with the other companies... so, if you were getting $100 with adsence, you will be lucky if you end up getting 10 bucks with the "competition".

Adsence still rules the scene...

fryman, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what to tell ya - Adsense is the best program, by far.

schlottke, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  5. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    god this sucks. I haven't gotten a reponse in two days. I wonder if they just expect me to shove off.

this is so stupid. It could be as stupid as one of my friends/enemies trying to help or hurt me without my knowledge. Google's policy is ridiculous. Just ban the offending IPs and discredit the clicks from those IPs. How hard is that to do? :rolleyes:

david_sakh, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Google's policy is not ridiculous, it is made to protect advertisers. The only stupid thing here was this
    "I have posted links to my site on university specific sites
    I have added my page to the favorites list of the entire computer lab."

So, the ads are getting loads of clicks from the same IP, isn't that enough to raise some red flags??. I could just start clicking like mad on the ads on my site, and then tell Google "oh, don't worry, It is just my buddies from the computer lab, not me".

fryman, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  7. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Well tha isnt the case necessarily fryman. If the page loads, and the people there click them without being told, he should get paid.

If I ran a university website, I'd have adsense on the pages generating profit for whatever area of the college needed it.

schlottke, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Sure, but, as I said, I could just click on my ads and say that it wasn't me, it was my buddy Phil from computer lab.

fryman, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  9. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I get your point. I do give him the benefit of the doubt though, since it has happened before, and he was straight forward with why it happened.

schlottke, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  10. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I'm sure david_sakh is telling the truth, but Google sees it in another way... they won't waste their time investigating if the claim is true or not, they just cancel the account in order to protect the advertisers interests.
    You will be amazed of how many scams are born every single minute trying to cheat Google's adsense and adwords program... I posted one of them here: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=68219

I've seen many idiots posting requests to join some group and click on each others ads, seen jobs posted at Scriptlance for bots that can click on ads, all kind of crap trying to cheat Google, they can't waste their time investigating if an account should get cancelled or not, if it raises enough red flags, you will get kicked out.

So, this can be a lesson for all of us: don't create a website at School, or at work, (or at least don't put up the adsense code there), do it at home, where your IP can be logged and you won't have any problem with that.

fryman, Oct 10, 2004 IP
  11. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    whoopteedo.... :(

I don't get why the just don't ban "fraudulent" Ips from generating revenue and reimbursing advertisers instantly for clicks made from those Ips. Hell, that could be automated.

david_sakh, Oct 12, 2004 IP
  12. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the thing, it is in G's best interest to have legimate user advertising their information. Now, we don't know the technology that they use to ban or not, but I assume it is the best in the world. In David Sakh's case, he may have a point, but I know this much, I will never post my company domain as the homepage for any university. People need to learn from this kind of thing. I don't believe DS or not believe him, what I do believe is that Google provides the best revenue generating alternative out there and we need to do our absolut best to ensure that everything we are doing with their AdSense is on the up and up.

We cannot complain about what G is doing because they offer the service to us for free and in turn it generates revenue if used properly. If Google banned me, I would do my best to find out why, see if it was a mistake or something that can be resolved and then reapply in the timeframe required by them. I would also report here their reason so that if I did make a mistake, others would not do the same.

NewComputer, Oct 12, 2004 IP
  13. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    you can re-apply?

14. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Sure, why not?

15. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    well that's good. Maybe this is just a one-time loss. I took care of the computer lab/library issue, so things might work out.

16. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Don't tell us that, tell Google ;)

Seriously, I would let them know that you have fixed what you believed the problem was.

17. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    i did, and begged for reactivation. I got a CTRL+C+V response. Whatever, ill update you guys so those in my situation will know what is best to do (or not do).

My letters to google haven't been especially mean or kind but seem mostly frustrated, especially at their beaucratic responses. It makes me wonder if there's a human on the other line or some insane adaptive algorithm of doom. :)

18. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am surprised that this question is occuring to me only now, but is there no other way to get back into AdSense once kicked out?

Ajeet, Oct 13, 2004 IP
  19. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    David,

In any material that I sent to the SE's that was in regards to me being in 'trouble' I would be extremely nice. If you were on the other end and you received this angry email, how and when you respond if you were the 'DON'

NewComputer, Oct 13, 2004 IP
  20. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on if it was the day of my daughters wedding.

Infiniterb, Oct 13, 2004 IP