1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i give up w/ amazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by pamon, Feb 16, 2007.

1. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    well if you normally buy stuff through amazon what would happen if you as an affiliate click the ad and then make a purchase?

would you get the commission?

I use amazon a reasonable amount

ThisBuzz, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  2. Ather

Ather Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried selling computer stuff and games consoles from Amazon thru Adwords (Wii, Xbox, Adobe Software, Windows Vista). After spending close to $200 in 1 week, I have had no sales but many clicks. I have used very targeted keywords and used negative keywords to improve my Quality Score but no dice. I am done too.
    The Amazon reporting tool sucks as well. Not worth the time, effort and money. Time to move on to other methods.
    If there are people out there making money promoting Amazon thru Adwords...more power to you. I tip my hat to you.

Ather

Ather, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  3. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    The one day cookie is what kills alot of us so, from basically the experience here is to leave them alone and run far away from anything they offer as a service.

SFOD_D223, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The problem with Amazon is the payout is too low IMO. I generated over $1400 in sales on one site this month and only earned 4%. Hell most CC merchants take more than that for their commission. I keep trucking along though, because the sites generate other income.

You do have to put some work into these sites though IMO. If you need pointers on how to do that, let me know.

Mia, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  5. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i put in my sites and it doesn't convert. Reason simply because it asks people to buy stuff and my site is offering free services.. You see?? that mean it's targetting different people..

so unless you have a good review sites where visitors coming in the aim of buying stuff, then you will be succeed.

toby, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  6. sunnysea

sunnysea Peon

Best Answers:
    I knew some people make lots of money, they just haven't show up.Maybe thouse guys should come out to say something?

sunnysea, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  7. bizhobby

bizhobby Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an article I wrote describing my experience back in September...

http://www.asenski.com/archives/10

Now what I am working on is experimenting to see how to stay out of the supplemental results.

bizhobby, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  8. morphis

morphis Peon

Best Answers:
    I too agree that Amazon has become a waste of time and effort, too many of the products I end up selling are sold by 3rd Party...the result is peanuts...I get way more in commissions from CJ.

morphis, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  9. maliboo

maliboo Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazon is my favorite affiliate program. Determine your visitor value and keep sending cheap traffic to your landing pages!

maliboo, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  10. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    maliboo what do you have on your landing pages then

ThisBuzz, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  11. maliboo

maliboo Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using APF (Amazon Product Feed) with a customized template that redirects with my affiliate link.

maliboo, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  12. maliboo

maliboo Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's say your average visitor is valued .2 and you get one for .1 - how often would you like to do that?

maliboo, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  13. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you, I will look further into this

ThisBuzz, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  14. Oregon Coast Lover

Oregon Coast Lover Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never had any real success with Amazon. Maybe if you have a huge store, but other than that, I think it's a waste of precious real estate on my site.

Oregon Coast Lover, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  15. tihomir

tihomir Peon

Best Answers:
    Great reading. Maybe SEO & High PR Backlinks is better way to generate traffic than adwords if you are looking for long-term results. I also had no success using PPC.

Good luck everyone!

tihomir, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  16. SponSpot

SponSpot Banned

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen an amazon affiliate in about five years. Probably because people recognize so many sites using amazon referrals that they naturally do not click on the ads.

SponSpot, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  17. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    People went a bit mad with direct linking using Adwords after Day Job Killer, I tried it myself and found I was in competition with about 20 others for each product I tried to promote and ended up having to pay up to $1 or more per click. Needless to say, I didn't stick with that very long! You could get lower cost per click though with landing pages, but I don't know if it's worth building landing pages for such a low payout

hamidap, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  18. ScamHunter

ScamHunter Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks for taking the time to write the article AND to post a link here. I am going to try out some of your ideas. I could use a free lunch. Hey, with my ecno-eating, I could stretch $20 to lunch and dinner, no problem. I was wondering what do you mean by "supplemental results"?

ScamHunter, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  19. bizhobby

bizhobby Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you appreciate it. Well supplemental results is duplicate content that Google filters out. When you Google search you will see pages and sometimes it says "supplemental result". Since all the content for AOM stores comes from Amazon it is duplicate content and you are competing with over 6000 other stores. Google is very aggressive now and trying to hit all the scraping sites but it also hits sites like small Amazon stores.

What you need to do is have live articles that update frequently. Cool design, etc. :) Things that will make people like your site.

bizhobby, Mar 12, 2007 IP
    krzyk likes this.
  20. pamon

pamon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    never thought my post would ever get this much attention but overall I think it's a lot of frustration with amazon's program, its tracking, and overall execution. I've been using other affiliate programs and making much more $$ overall. Like the idea, but oh well..

pamon, Mar 13, 2007 IP