1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I finally started making $3000+ a month with my blog- You can do it too it!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by satrap, Jun 24, 2011.

I finally got there! two month ago I hit $1500 a month and this month I hit $300+!

I am writing this thread in hopes that it will inspire other people who are in a similar situation to where I was when I started my site 2 years ago.

I started without knowing anything. I kept reading and learning. Early on I realized that although content was important, backlinks are the most important part of ranking well for your keywords and thus getting traffic and making money.

I now am making around $3000 a month with my little blog. It didn't happen over night. It took me 2 years of hard work and lots of researching, writing posts, submitting articles to directories, commenting on blogs, forum ;posting and building backlinks.

Little by little I started getting traffic for some small keywords. And finally about 3 months ago I ranked for 3 of my biggest keyword (make money online, ways to make money online, how to make money online). That changed everything! My adsense earnings went from few dollars a day to around $50 a day. my CPA earnings went from a $100 or so a month to about $2000 a month and of course now I have advertiser lining up to advertise on the blog.

If you are just beginning, or you have been doing it for a while without success, dont give up! But, dont think its easy either! It will take lots of hard work and dedication and I mean a lot of hours of siting in front of your computer and actually working (not just browsing forums and reading and reading and never applying what you learned).

The biggest advice I can give from my own personal experience, is that dont just take my or anyone else's word, do it yourself! lots of people told me submitting the same article to different artcile directories is duplicate content and it will hurt you, but I did it any way and I can say with confidence that one of the biggest reasons why I ranked well fr my keywords is because of all those one way backlinks from those article directories I submitted the same articles to!

Another thing, I didn't spend a dime (but for domain and hosting) to get here! You dont need to spend money to make it. Of course, if you have money to out source, it will help you get there faster, but you can do it for free as well. Now that I am actually making some money, I started outsourcing a few things, but I still do most of the stuff myself manually.

The last thing is to build backlinks as much as you can. But dont spam and dont buy backlinks! Easiest way to build links is to submit articles to artcile directories. Its easy and its quality backlinks.

I hope this post can give motivation to those who are thinking of giving up. I knwo when I was ready to give up (a few times actually), posts like this one, motivated me and kept me going. So, that is why I decided to post my small success story. Not to brag, but to hopefully keep others motivated.

Please feel free to ask any question you have and I will do my best to answer with my personal experience in mind. Good luck to all.

satrap, Jun 24, 2011 IP
    Intermg and tsc like this.
  2. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really motivational for me. I am also doing blogging for sometime. Though there is no big success till date, but still never thought I would give up this blogging. Because it is really cool.

I saw you hosted your blog with wordpress. I heard that it is the better way. But I dont know anything about wordpress. So I am using blogger. Can you give me some information about wordpress (tutorial,cost etc). I also want to host my blog there.

seo_buzz, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  3. deepikawalecha

deepikawalecha Peon

Best Answers:
    first of all congrats that succeed and you really motivate all those blogger who are taking blogging as there career

deepikawalecha, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  4. NationwideConnection

NationwideConnection Peon

Best Answers:
    Great to hear and thanks for the words of encouragement to all of us.

Having your business on the internet isn't easy and does take a lot of work. Being your own boss you have to keep motivated and there are days you wonder if it's even going to make it and you may want to give up... if you try and work at it we all can do anything we allow ourselves to do. Dream Big and work hard for those dreams.

Best of luck to you! :cool:

NationwideConnection, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  5. Griffin80

Griffin80 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great article, congrates

Griffin80, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  6. djvendero

djvendero Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Satrap,

nice articel from your blog and congratulat for your sucess. And a other question would be: Do you think starting blogging today also is a oppurtinity to earn a lot of money? Often i think about starting a blog, i make research, rent a domain, install wordpress and then i seen somewhere on the internet is still a blog like this one, i would like to make. Often i think there is no issue witch i can make, who doesnt exist? What you meen to the problematic?

Greetz

djvendero, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  7. Intermg

Intermg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats man! I'm glad you did it. I know it was hard. Came across your site long time ago. Now be sure to keep up the good work! :)

Intermg, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  8. classiqa.com

classiqa.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats for the achievement go ahead and make more, you can definitely do it.

classiqa.com, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  9. asepsjmak

asepsjmak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats. I hope i can do similar things.. Dream and achieve it :)

asepsjmak, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  10. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow I am not a beginner in this industry but after reading your thread I have got more inspiration and this will also help me to make money specially from adsense.If not $50 a day atleast its half I will try to make.

shuvo, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  11. satrap

satrap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am glad you find the post motivating. Keep working hard and I am sure you will get there.

Yes, wordpress is just so much easier to work with and there are lots of free plugins out there that are great for people like me who dont know much about coding.
    To be honest, when I started 2 years ago, I didn't even knwo what Wordpress was, but little by little I learned by reading and asking questions on forums. I remember, it would take me weeks to learn how to do a simple thing like adding ad sense code to the blog or adding a logo and etc. Good thing is there are lots of free information out there that you can use to learn. Simply find one of those wordpress tutorial blogs and read it to learn. There is no short cut to it.

I wish you the best of luck.

satrap, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  12. satrap

satrap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the kind words. Best of luck to you.

Thank you. Yes, it is a lot of hard work and you have to be really committed to it. I wish you all the best as well.

Thanks.

Thank you. Of course there are hundreds of websites out there that cover every imaginable topic, but that doesn't mean you can't have a blog with that topic. There are thousands of blogs about making money online, but I still did it and now I am making money with the same topic that thousands of other blogs are writing about. Its all about you and your unique way of talking about that topic. Be different, stand out, dont copy other blogs and you will succeed. I wish you good luck.

Thank you for the kind words.

Thank you.

I am sure you can do it. Just keep working on it and you will get there.

I am glad the post is motivating you. Don't give up and keep working hard and you will get there.

satrap, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  13. KateFP

KateFP Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on your success! Keep growing!

KateFP, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  14. whichwayto

whichwayto Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post - thanks for sharing!

whichwayto, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  15. Guns N' Roses

Guns N' Roses Peon

Best Answers:
    Ver awesome and inspiring success story. Congrats.

Guns N' Roses, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  16. sandrahageman

sandrahageman Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats for your succes, I hope i can do similar things. Now be sure to keep up the good work!

sandrahageman, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  17. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    are you a content writer?? you write so well i have also went through your blog and you have written everything in detail. Thanks and good luck with your earnings ;)

imranamen6, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  18. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice stats, the key ofcourse is dedication and seeing things through, too many IMs give up when they don't see instant results

golfpro1, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  19. jkhurramov

jkhurramov Peon

Best Answers:
    Great share, and it's good you have come to this stage which many can't. Those who don't are the ones who are not willing to do the work and always look for 'easy ways' to make money online.
    Keep up the good work. Hope you will bring it up to $10,000/month soon.

jkhurramov, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  20. carlosera

carlosera Member

Best Answers:
    congratulations

carlosera, Jun 26, 2011 IP