1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I feel so tired to join Link Directories...

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by todaydvd, Mar 10, 2007.

1. todaydvd

todaydvd Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is the "trustrank"? Is it different than "page rank"?

todaydvd, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  2. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there are very few directories that will get you traffic but those directories will charge you more. But if you submit to all good free directories you will definitely a good SERPS in google and also a good PR so please submit to all good
    directories

vic_msn, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  3. todaydvd

todaydvd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it PR4+ directories are good enough?

4. monsterclips

monsterclips Banned

Best Answers:
    I would say that any directory is good for baclinks. It may be
    a PR0 today but tommorow it's a PR3 - Pr6 and then you have
    a linki in there any way.

monsterclips, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  5. jkolarov

jkolarov Peon

Best Answers:
    There are tools that can submit your website automatically, or semi - automatically, but it is a way much better then submitting them manually. all is left for you is to check the email you left and approve all submissions. I can not post a link at this time, so please feel free to PM me, I have such tool handy so I can email it to you.

jkolarov, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  6. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Never join for traffic. I purely join for backlinks. That being said if anyone wants to add my site to all the ads here let me know by PM. We'll work a deal.

FWIW get ROBOFORM you can save forms it makes it very easy. I Just haven't gotten around to using it yet.

Dubz, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  7. rzvagelsky

rzvagelsky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your tired already LOL. What gave you the impression that promoting a website was going to be easy? If you're getting sick of it already (after 30 link submissions), I would suggest you find something better to do with your time. If you don't have a huge budget to work with, you WILL need to invest time into your site to make it work....there is no other way around it (unless of course you have some revolutionary idea that gets picked up).

You can be patient and continue working on the site or just do something else. If your site is new, you have to be prepared to fight for each and every visitor.

rzvagelsky, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  8. todaydvd

todaydvd Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is because I don't know how long will it take effect... :(
    Anyway, I will not give up.... I will try my best to do it!

9. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, there is a site owned by major corp. who bought the domain on June 26 2006 (possibly established around Oct or Nov.) appeared around Dec. with PR0 ranked top 10 already ;)

Currently they are #1. Age factor may be stronger than PR, but surely not that strong. (they hold #1 position for a keyword, "single word" at Google, Yahoo! and MSN)

coolsitez, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  10. monsterclips

monsterclips Banned

Best Answers:
    It all takes time.... No matter how frustrating this whole process
    may be when you start seeing backlinks to your site increase and
    and get your site indexed by google you'll become more addicted
    to the whole cycle of doing things

Goodluck ;)

monsterclips, Mar 11, 2007 IP
  11. TaurusSoft.Com

TaurusSoft.Com Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, To submit to Web Directory will increase your back links, sometimes, and mostly, it will not significantly increase your web traffic. But, in the long term, to have a high PR back links will raise your web PR.

I'm not sure about the package they're selling on the above topic, honestly, I did not read it. I think its cost is very cheap, and I have some questions that:
    - do they guarantee the submission result?
    - do all directory having the same IP? if its IP is the same, it will wast time and money to do that because it will not increase your PR anyway. To get back links, you should consider the different subnet IP(Different Class C IP) and the related of the content of the directory, I called this "quality links".

Regards,
    Isara

TaurusSoft.Com, Mar 11, 2007 IP
  12. todaydvd

todaydvd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great! I hope that I can see the result and let me addicted to the cycle~
    :)

Thanks!

todaydvd, Mar 11, 2007 IP
  13. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Trust me submit to as many as you can in the long run will help PR and rankings that means traffic

w3bmaster, Mar 11, 2007 IP
  14. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pagerank is what google started out with: link popularity based on the amount of links to each individual page. The value of the links was (and is) only based on the value of the links pointing to it. This is still present in the google toolbar, and it's the only tangible thing we have to measure how well google 'thinks' of sites other then our own.

Since so many links are bought and traded, google can't trust them to be an indicator of quality any more. So other factors come into play like: the context of the link, does it 'look like spam', is it near other relevant links in the same niche (co-citation), how old is the link etc. These factors add up to what's tentatively called 'trust rank': google decides about sites as a whole whether they are trustworthy or not. New content on a trustworthy site can rank, even if it has no relevant links to speak of. The age of the domain factors in here as well.

kh7, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  15. megdilts

megdilts Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem of submitting to direstories is that it's so time consuming and tiring. After all the hard work, you have to wait a few months before they approve. Sometime they never get back to you.

megdilts, Mar 13, 2007 IP