1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I don't understand duplicate pages w/ multiple domains, with noindex

Discussion in 'Google' started by azn_romeo_4u, Sep 5, 2010.

How will I get penalize for having duplicate pages, but those duplicate pages have no index in them. am I safe if I use noindex and/or nofollow? Or google does not like it at all.

azn_romeo_4u, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  2. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Well instead of using noindex or nofollows, why don't you just redirect those 'duplicate' pages permanently using a 301 to the canonical, legitimate webpage? This pretty much solves your problem.

Grimm, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  3. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Peon

Best Answers:
    It's across multiple domains though. It's a forum network. Forums, like general chat, spam, adults only, community chat, etc are shared across the mulitple forum sites. It's there for ease of use for the forum users.

There are also unique forums to each site, and thsoe have noindex on them.

azn_romeo_4u, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  4. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    and why would they have duplicate contents in the first place? Are they of the same niches?

Grimm, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  5. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a look at this

http://www.flyffworld.com/forums/
    http://www.xvindictus.com/forums/

Notice at the bottom of the board, there are similar forums. But the top half is all unique. I set it so that those bottom half forums (general chats, etc etc) are shared on the two sites. They are related in that, they are both mmorpg fansites. All the shared forums, are noindex. Am in going to get killed by google ain't I?

azn_romeo_4u, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  6. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    possibly. Possibly not. Not very helpful, I know. The only real way to find out is to wait and see...

contentboss, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  7. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Google gives less weight to forum posts now, they have always been unintentionally duplicate posts every now and then. Regardless if its your forum or not, people would tend to post the same content in one forum and the other. Google won't kill you because of it NOT unless you are heavily spamming something with duplicates.

Grimm, Sep 6, 2010 IP