1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I don't think that Google Adsense is working for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Google' started by fdcampbell16, Jan 1, 2011.

I just built a new website to toy around with Google Adsense and figure out how to get everything working so I can get paid for ads. I am hosting my website through Yola. I use the Yola Google Adsense widget to insert the ads and I see them on my website now, but I don't see anything changing about the amount of money I am getting from my adsense account screen.

Have I left out a step? Do I get paid for ad displays or ad clicks, or do I have a choice? The Google Adsense interface is not very user-friendly for me. I visited my website, the ads were shown, but I have not made a dime. Why is this? :confused:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
    fdcampbell16, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ad clicks, you should know that, it's really basic knowledge.
    you clicked an ad? you agreed not to click your own ads when you signed up with adsense.
    you need high traffic and good ad placement to make any decent money with adsense.

JamesColin, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  3. fdcampbell16

fdcampbell16 Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't know whether you had a choice to be paid by impressions instead of just clicks. God, try not to be so mean. I'm new at this. Jeez!

fdcampbell16, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  4. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    being new is not an excuse for not reading adsense help is it? In adsense help you have good tutorials that takes you beyond those basics, you should invest some time in this as adsense can become a good income source if you don't get yourself banned for clicking your own ads or publishing content violating adsense's tos (read it too).
    you know for the clicking your own ads, it's better you learn quickly not to do it anymore for any reason, better for you, not for me.

JamesColin, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  5. rvdp

rvdp Peon

Best Answers:
    Are the displayed ads really relevant to your site content? Very important

rvdp, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  6. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    Try changing around your ads and if you see any results. With ads you have to always test can't just slap ads on your site and leave it like that.

Amy Garrizon, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  7. dookie87

dookie87 Peon

Best Answers:
    optimize optimize optimize is all i can say bro

dookie87, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  8. earnincome

earnincome Peon

Best Answers:
    Get Traffic, you will make lots of money.

earnincome, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  9. Rk's

Rk's Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use other advertising platforms along with the Google AdSense to increase your earning like buysellads ( only if your blog is a technical blog), Kontera

Rk's, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  10. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Peon

Best Answers:
    Update your site with good quality content, build links to your site. Get traffic, it increases chances of revenue earning.

Nefertiti, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  11. faysal969

faysal969 Member

Best Answers:
    Decorate your site with good content and place ads to the potential position according to Google.

For the position help go to Adsense help center. There you will get guideline.

Then do SEO for your site. Traffic is the most important factor for earning from adsense.

faysal969, Jan 26, 2011 IP