1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules I dont like this new rule to get established membership

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by kapil11, Feb 24, 2013.

1. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    2 more likes on your way :p

BTW you are right there that likes can be extremely easy to get but for those who don't care much about that. BTW welcome back :D

DON.

deluxdon, Feb 25, 2013 IP
    snakeair likes this.
  2. link angel

link angel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, Wish You a good day to all here.
    I have sign up after this change and shocked to see all things have been changed here. Dp introduced 3 Likes system and I hope so it would be best as the admin know what is the best. In my view it is a best way to keep the spammers away.
    I got 3 points about how to get likes. Quality content should be posted based on your knowledge or experience, help the new comers as the I also need help to get fimiliar with this new system. So you can get likes by helping the new one like me. keep consistent in posting and share unique Ideas for the betterment of community and for your like.
    Best of luck.

link angel, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  3. _J2_

_J2_ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I admit as one who wants to pay members of this forum for some quick work, it's a bit of a hoop to go through, but hey, I don't run the site so whatever. I can always not be here. :)

_J2_, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  4. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    If you signed up after change ,why are you shocked??

BusinessMaker, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  5. kapil11

kapil11 Member

Best Answers:
    hey is that sexy lady in the pic,you?? lol

kapil11, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @link angel
    Thanks for wishing everyone a good day. Judging by those red letters on your username, it would appear that your day is starting off rather crappy.
    Oh yes and good luck to you too......oh wait, a bit late for that.:confused:

Spoiltdiva, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  7. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its been a while that the new system was implemented. According to me we should just ignore these kind of discussion now.

seo_buzz, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Fair enough, so why didn't you just ignore it instead of making this post?

9. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    How about we start adding negative likes to users complaining about the likes.

kulik, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  10. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    FreeFun4Every1, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  11. selfdefense

selfdefense Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi dude..For me as a seller the new rules is a bit disturbing me. However, for buyers, it makes them safer to pay a trusted seller. So we must be fair in dealing with these changes.

selfdefense, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  12. _J2_

_J2_ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It would also be helpful if established members were mindful of new members when they reply to their posts and state an agreement that the best way to express this would helping them become established. It's not hard to see other posts by someone, and a culture of acceptance and welcoming of new members would eliminate much of the negativity associated with this rule.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    _J2_, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    That has happened and is happening. Most established members *do* try and help the newbies and encourage them but......when some members come on here complaining without even trying the new system out, (i.e. trying to acquire likes) they will rightfully hear some wrath. If they come on here to give it out, they ought to expect to get some back.

FreeFun4Every1 and ryan_uk like this.
  14. _J2_

_J2_ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ok, that's cool. I don't profess to be an expert on what is best for the site, just relaying an incident that happened to me. No worries, if I'm in that big of a rush I'll just pay. Just trying to help. Cheers.

_J2_, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  15. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Sure, experienced members should try to give guidance and do. They can sometimes then get abuse for it (people who have chips on their shoulders rather than actually wanting some guidance). :)

And SpoiltDiva nailed it really - some people don't try. Spelling that fact out to them might sound harsh, but it's just telling them why. If they don't understand that, then how are they supposed to make a genuine effort?

All the best, mate. It's a big site with many sections, so I'm sure you'll find your niche.

ryan_uk, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  16. seo.xpert

seo.xpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow....pretty impressive!! Any complainer will definitely get a lesson if he/she just look at Nintendo (♬ King of da Wackos ♬)!!!

seo.xpert, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  17. onlypmme

onlypmme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All Five Fingers are not same. In the same way, not everybody has the same talent and IQ level - few are better than others. Some may get 3 Likes in just 10 posting, whereas others may not get it even after 150 postings, and it is a human nature to feel down and disillusioned after consistent trying. The established members must encourage new members instead of discouraging them because DP is immensely popular among online people, and everybody with an aim and purpose desire to be a part of Digital Point Forum.

onlypmme, Mar 1, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  18. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Be polite, post helpful and useful information and help all members, not just the new comers.
    I've been a member for quite a while and I don't have any likes, but you know what?
    I'm the one to blame for that! Sure in my own opinion I think that I deserve some likes, but frankly, no. Because I haven't "walked that extra mile" and made quality posts that would be eligible for a like.
    Don't blame DP.. Blame yourself.

My two cents.
    /André

inyourway, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  19. puredigits

puredigits Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi kapil11'
    Competitively DP has already been a great source for substantial resource and knowledge about every section listed in it's index :) And that's what people doing since lately (I guess you aware about this if you haven't been active in BST only).
    The only thing that changed is the way of measuring how good you are in terms of providing something informative to other members (That's what DP is made for actually isin't ?)
    Let other members naturally feel that you really have something worth sharing that actual count here :)

Enjoy the change...

puredigits, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  20. fau00

fau00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The thief has already surrendered.. lol

fau00, Mar 9, 2013 IP