1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I don't know how to move on. I have been trying to find aproduct for almost a year.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Affltr, May 25, 2017.

Hi,

Seems like most of the internet marketing businesses are scams. At least they promise good income but it doesnt really happen that often. Maybe its the truth that about 97% of internet marketers really fail.

I interested about internet marketing few years ago when I started my own rakeback site. I really didnt understood what internet marketing is and I didnt have any traffic so I quit it. Few years later I saw a banner where they promoted a coupon script and I was going to make a coupon site. I quit it before I started.

Now, about a year ago I interested again and I started to learn internet marketing. I opened a site whitelabel business that was promoted in the warriorforum but I quit after few months without any traffic. Then I opened a site about hobbies and my goal was to get it to google first page with all of my blog posts and then promote some ads using a forum and a lightbox. It's still up and running but I am waiting for the SEO as I bought it few months ago. I am not sure if I get the traffic as it's possible that the seller promised more than he said but I wait for the result. To be honest I bought the SEO from fiverr. He has over 2k positive rating and only under 20 negative so I trusted the numbers.

But now I realized that the one of the best ways to promote is use a squeeze page and send emails from time to time. I am a Christian and I don't want to be involved in scams or with sellers who lie and steal. The problem is that is really hard to find a seller that is honest who pays pretty often like once a week or so. I find that it would be good to promote squeeze page makers as they pay pretty well, 100% commissions for the first sale. It takes like a month to get the money but its at least honest.

So my question is that what is the best way to move on right now? What is a good business or a product to promote? I need a company that pays often and a product that gives me positive ROI% when promoting. It would be good to get at least $50 per sale.

My budget for the traffic is few hundred dollars and I realize that the best way to promote is to use youtube ads. Is it enough to get any sales? It's very cheap to promote. If I get few sales, I am break even with few hundred dollars so it's not that hard to get a positive ROI% if I promote a product that gives me $50+ per sale.

Thanks!

Affltr, May 25, 2017 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Reading your post, it seems you have not done any real marketing. On one or two instances you seem to be simply relying on SEO only. SEO is not a magic bullet where if you implement it, it will take care of itself. That's not how it works, but there are those who seem to think that just by implementing SEO, things will work for them. You still have to do your part. That means promoting your sites to social media, going to forums, email marketing and other forms of marketing. Know also your market and your products. Effective marketing takes time. It's not an instant process.

Milliardo, May 26, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    but the rest of us embrace lies and theft?
    the biggest cons are done by those who claim honesty by virtue of their religion.
    but I won't assume that your claim of being a Christian automatically makes you suspect.

What is a problem is your inability to plan and follow through on the plan. You seem to leap at an idea and then expect some magic to happen and bring you unearned riches.

Do some homework. Lets say you want to pursue the craft idea. Look at the other craft blogs, instagram accounts, newsletters etc and look at how much content they are generating. Consider the quality of their content. Will you be able to compete with the equipment that you have? Are you prepared to put the time into producing not just the blog posts but the examples that you will be writing about? Work out how they monetise their sites. How many do you have for your specific craft niche.

Lets take crochet amigurumi
    • page 1 of google comes up with pinterest, a blogspot site a youtube video and some keyword domains.
    • the top link is a keyword but it's using one of the newer extensions: https://amigurumi.today/ - proof that you don't need a .com
    • one example https://amigurumi.today/amigurumi-charlie-the-dog-crochet-pattern/ has step by step instructions and high-quality photos. These take time to produce.
    • they have a discussion board which will give you an idea on the amount of interaction you'll have with your readers
    If you wanted to compete with that niche you'd need to find what your edge would be - more patterns? video tutorials? your books that have made you famous?

sarahk, May 26, 2017 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  4. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well said Sara. I would take her advice. And also I would add that you are not patient with your sites. Three months is a short time to see if a website will succeed or not. You have to put in some effort too.
    I suggest that you learn Internet Marketing since you are in this business. Read, read and read. And be PATIENT.

FarrisFahad, May 30, 2017 IP