1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I don't know about Google...

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by caroline, Jan 16, 2005.

... but the coop ad network sure works for Yahoo, with fast results too! After two weeks of getting targeted back links, one of my relatively new (and sandboxed!) sites ranks #2 for my main kw, with the traffic reaching all time highs.

Thanks DP! :)

caroline, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Oh it works for Google allright ! Slightly different needs and demands but it works very well once you address those. :)

Foxy, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Same here, instant #1s on Yahoo but hardly any traffic, even though they are supposed to by high volume search phrases. Google SERPs follow suit in 4-6 weeks for me. They do drag in the traffic.

T0PS3O, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing many more referrals from non-google se's lately. G-referrals are pretty steady, but my rankings haven't changed too much. One thing I've seen is my page-count per visitor has gone way up. I guess that means I'm targetting the right keyword phrases.

nevetS, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  5. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    I've also noticed huge improvements in Yahoo. Woohoo! I'll take it... :D

ViciousSummer, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  6. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

Please explain what you mean Foxy

joeychgo, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  7. Patient

Patient Raider

Best Answers:
    Hi Foxy

What are the slightly different needs and demands for Google?

Patient, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  8. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Talk about leaving us dangling :rolleyes:

Come on Foxy, stop toying with us :D

Cyclops.

Cyclops, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  9. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Ahh......How long's a piece of string?

I think to start this one off I will mention on page SEO.

Google seems to be quite particular in how it looks at and uses the on page seo. There seems to be a set pattern that it likes and any change in that will let the serp slip. Internal linking is important with the links, title and H1.

It appears [note how general I am being] that if the link from the coop to the index page [main kwp] is the same as the title, h1, nav and page text anchor links then the following nav links to other pages [read theming] with the same format also get boosted :)

Foxy, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  10. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    Foxy, I just clicked your Ski France link and my AVG antivirus popped up saying virus detected.

l234244, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  11. Arnica

Arnica Peon

Best Answers:
    Ditto for me Foxy.

Arnica, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  12. Foxy

Best Answers:
    On that site?

Golly thats a goodie!!

Where does it say it is coming from? If you can!

How can you have a virus resident on a site? Anyone care to explain to someone who doesn't have these problems as a Mac user.

But yes you are right to look at the ski site - it has some interesting facets to it :)

Foxy, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  13. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I, too get the same warning with different virus detection software. I really like Foxy's brief teaser...but I wonder if it is possible to elaborate. Specifically on G's perception of coop links.

I have observed that Yahoo shows these links very quickly. G does not show them, but I beleive we are not seeing what is really in G's backlink index.

I have been chasing some highly competetive keywords for some time now. I was once placed #1 under this keyword a few years ago and could not process orders fast enough. Since I have joined this network (3 weeks ago) I have noticed no visible change in what G displays as bls. However my positioning has gone from #10 to #6. Yet my PR dropped on the last update from PR 6 to PR 5.

I have read that many believe that PR has become purely entertainment. Does this support that thought , I wonder?

Homer, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  14. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed some kind of popup appeared just before your page loaded. The AVG indicated some kind of virus/trojan horse dialer. Might want to take the link down in your sig until you sort it out :)

l234244, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  15. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Thanks - I think it might have been a comment in the blog that had been placed there by a poker company before I withdrew that facility - I have sorted the mysql db and cleared the two comments.

Please let me know - Thanks

Foxy, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  16. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MSN and Yahoo are both delivering good results for my keyword phrases.

Infiniterb, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  17. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Sorry that I have been not elaborating hugely but my day is pretty heavy at the moment. I will take it firther soon.

First though get the allins' as good as you can get - allinurl is normally relatively easy as no one bothers, however imho it is now important.

Some time ago [years] I set up a site world-ok to serve as a themed hub to all the others as I did not do reciprocal linking - this site is in a mess right now as it has served its importance and needs rebuilding but what I have noticed is that some of its folders/directories, for example ski france, with a kwp url internally will shift to the top very quickly given the right pointers.

Basically it goes like this www.xx-x.com/k-w-p/k-w-p.htm

Now that will give you, normally, number 1 for that phrase - couple that with the title, h1, anchor text, navigation and footer links and you are starting to see where I am coming from

It is absolutely paramount that you do NOT stuff anything with drivel - you must be absolutely word perfect and to the point [right up my ally - but even then I get sidetracked]. Make sure that the order is
    Title [obviously]
    H1
    Logo with same alt and title [although I have noticed that these two can alternate without problem]
    Anchor link [sometimes in the H1]
    Navigation Links
    Content
    Footer [ and it does not seem to matter with these links whether they be 1 or 100 although I think there must be a limit somewhere]

If possible write it all in php [I have noticed that when I have changed the sites to php they improve, marginally] and use css to make a quick loading page [just like Google]

Now I know you will all say nothing new here, and you will be correct, but it is the "perfectness" that is important.

Go and look at Yahoo for "modular homes" - I haven't got this one finished, changing from htm to php or correct yet [as I am too busy and the site is not important] but it is no1 [and also in both MSNs] at this moment. When I have used the coop to point links at it, it moves up in Google. Now to make it correct for google I need to alter the title, comment, H1, etc to just the same as the anchor text - you can tell me what I need to do :)

Foxy, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  18. Patient

Patient Raider

Best Answers:
    Are you saying that in your experience that e.g. if your target kwp is "ski france" then your title/h1 etc should be exactly that kwp. Many/most people will usually make their title/h1 longer by including secondary key terms?

Patient, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  19. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Secondary KWs should have their own pages...

T0PS3O, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  20. linkgangster

linkgangster Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to know whether this works for Google.

linkgangster, Jan 18, 2005 IP