1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I don't care about the PR update, do you?

Discussion in 'Google' started by DomainMagnate, Feb 19, 2006.

?

Do you care about the pr update?

1. screw it!

47 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. hell i do!

131 vote(s)
    73.6%
  1. gordonfreeman

gordonfreeman Peon

Best Answers:
    I said it proves nothing because it was based on a toolbar query PR (which proves it by seeing the new PR)

sayles, to answer your questions.. first of all, the wikipedia page has a PR of 6, only a few DCs don't display it, second of all, as I previously stated, the set of urls that are higher in PR but not displayed on the first page may be simply because the have a low relevance (based on Gs text-matching technique), that doesn't prove in any way that PR is of a lesser importance (see my post with the basic view).. it has it's importance, just that we don't know what it is

mnemtas, I'm not trying to enforce any belief, especially mine.. heck don't trust what I say, ask Google :); it's just my perspective, I've done some experiments and this is what I have

P.S.: I use SEO Elite too, although I hoped for much more from it

gordonfreeman, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  2. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Sorry dude, wrong again the information I have presented is not based on the toolbar PR.

you're NOT answering my question ... you are avoiding it! Why is it, for that matter all those sites ranking while all the PR7/8 are not and most of the higher more relevant PR6 sites are not.

Rubbish!!! Look at the right graphic I supplied PR 7 and 8 that are definitely relevant!

LaCabra, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  3. gordonfreeman

gordonfreeman Peon

Best Answers:
    then what were they based on? whatever it was, it was wrong (since I don't think a site jumps from PR0 to PR3/5 in a couple of days)

Rubbish? well that's just your opinion... however, if they ARE definitely relevant, and they ARE PR8, and they ARE NOT in the first 1-2 pages of results, that means that google search is rubbish, doesn't show me the important stuff, and even more, google is talking lies! (since they say their search is based on pagerank and then some text-matching things)

4. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    gordonfreeman ... the importance of a pages (PR) should be relevant to its sector, which as I stated earlier, do not believe that Google has figured out how to implement. Google thinks they know how to present relevant information, but so does yahoo and so does msn ... PR is over-rated and not as imprtant as people believe it is !!! Thats what we have been trying to say this entire thread! You are entitled to your opinion and I to mine. I have given you endless screen captures and explanation ... you have yet to give me one screen capture to me to try to dispute - ANYWAYS ... I'm done with this ... if people think PR is important HAVE AT IT and good luck! We'll see you at the bank!

GOTO BED ITS LATE IN ROMANIA!

LaCabra, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  5. gordonfreeman

gordonfreeman Peon

Best Answers:
    oh I actualy believe Google has done a very good job, 98% of the time I find what I am looking for, and I love the PR part of Google since I know it shows me "important" pages first (important meaning that other important-related pages think that the search-result-page is important)

you did give me screen captures, and I have given you explanation.. I'd still like to see a PR0 (and a real PR0, not a PR6 that's a PR0 on 4-5 DCs) overweight a PR5, 6 or 7..

and yes, you're right, the point of this thread was slightly different (PR update not PR itself)

yeah it is late, just had a MC run.. :)

6. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    We'll agree to disagree in certain aspects ... :)

LaCabra, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  7. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You were right on page 10, Sayles - it's a waste of time and effort continuing this discussion with gordonfreeman.

minstrel, Feb 26, 2006 IP
    mnemtsas likes this.
  8. gordonfreeman

gordonfreeman Peon

Best Answers:
    minstrel, any discussion involving google's algorithm is more or less a waste of time, due to the sketchy details we have about it and the constant changing it goes through..

also, my discussion with frank is purely an opinion-based one, and one in which we seek to learn more about this phenomena called "google search", we just happen to have different views and interpretations; neither of us can't come up with hard evidence on our theories and we may never do, however I really enjoyed talking to someone who has a different point of view

and regarding your post, I'm quite surprised to see you're this kind of person; just because I have my beliefs and anylize everything from up to bottom doesn't mean I'm a stubborn person; I'm not the kind that "it's either my way, or my way"; give me good evidence that I'm wrong and I'll thank you and change my theories, I won't be ashamed, because my current theory (as well as anyone elses) is more or less based on pure guesses

anyway, my discussion with frank is pretty much done and I'm glad I had someone with whom I can share my insights, and I'm sure he is too; peace :)

gordonfreeman, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  9. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    gordonfreeman ... i'll be doing some tests for the next few months around my theory ... i'll keep you posted. :) BTW ... Minstrel is right! ;)

LaCabra, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  10. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a couple of days ago i didnt even know what pr is, but now i have found out that if you want more traffic to your webpage get a better pr.

chachacallis, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  11. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    hehe guess again :)

DomainMagnate, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  12. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Would you like to send me $150 to my paypal and I'll tell you one secret that shows you how to get traffic with NO PR? awwwww screw it ... I'll give you 3 tips for free article submissions, directory submissions and adwords ...

LaCabra, Feb 28, 2006 IP