1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I dont believe in luck, but what a coincedence!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shailendra Mishra, Sep 30, 2009.

[I read a thread here, named "I found an iPod today" which encouraged me to share my story with you. This happened just today in the morning.

Today, I missed my exam due to reasons not specified here. I was very upset and frustrated when I stepped out of the college building to attend a call I found a Book lying on the Platform of a tree in our campus. I have not purchased that book till now and I was already in need to buy it. I think a lot before picking it, I had a lot of time to think because no one was supposed to be there till the exam ends (Three hours). I decided that "Even if I will leave it here, there is very few chance the owner will get it before anyone else picks it up". I tried to find a name on it, but it was all new, even without owners name. I thought "ok, at least I got something in exchange of that loss(loss of exam). I put the book in my college bag and started strolling to think the possible outcomes of missing the exam.
    I felt hungry, so I advanced towards the canteen. In my way I was forced to smile at the coincidence when I found a wallet lying on the ground. I thought "It cant be a live wallet, no one will throw away his wallet, It must be an old, used one. I put my step over it to forward towards my way, but it attracted my attention, It was not empty!. I look in all four directions. No one was nearby. With curiosity I picked it up and opened. It had some money (Rs 1330) and a lot of cards (not credit cards , ID card, Library card etc. I didn't observed them all) I read his ID card. He was one of my friends, I took no time to decide giving that wallet back to its owner, after all he is my friend. But I couldn't stop me thinking of "What if I don't tell him that I have found it. I know he will suffer the loss of cards more than the money, and cards are not useful for me" Then several thoughts came to my mind. Some positives and some negatives. I was in dilemma that whether I am a good person or not. "If I'll return the book and wallet, should I call my day lucky today?" I thought a lot and then decided to return the Wallet and keep the book.
    After returning from the canteen, I couldn't believe my eyes when I see a cell phone again on the roadside. I picked it up, tried it. It was working. I called my number using it and saved the number then switched off the found cellphone. I sat down by roadside to decide. Thousands of things started flooding my mind. "Was It my lucky day? Was my missing the exam indicating something. Can a coincidence replicate it self three times in half an hour? I thought of each of the Items separately. and my final decision was this -:
    "My day is already messed up! Why should I mess up other people's day!" :eek:
    I decided to stay in the college and wait for the exam to end and then find the respective owners and return them their assets.I switched on the found cell phone and waited patiently at the place where I found the book, instead of leaving for home. within one minute of the exam ended. I got a call on that cell. I received it. He said "Where are you sir". I told him location.

Soon I get that friend and He was not worried at all. after a Handshake I put my hand in my pocket and draw out that wallet and shown him.
    "What, did I left it somewhere?" He checked his pocket to be sure. and then he kidded "I have left people like you to find my lost things, dude!" and snatched it to pocket it. I was burnt off with his response and couldn't talked to him anymore.
    There I see someone searching for something. I knew what he was searching. I asked him, He told me about that book. I drawn the book out of my bag. "Thank you sir, however it was not so important after the exam is over". was his comment. I was annoyed to my extreme. his thank you was pinching me. He really didn't meant thank to me.
    And there came another ring to the cell. I picked it up and it was hanged up. I saw a boy in front of me. I understood that he is the owner of the cell phone. (and he ringed me to verify that I am the person who found his phone). Before I could have said anything, He said "Sir, I am in horrible hurry, Thank you very much to return it. I will talk to you some day very soon".

All three people were equally rude to me. I was shocked beyond my ability to bear those heavy emotions. People whom I tried to help were not grateful at all, including my friend. Honesty brought me that cruel words to here. I sat under a tree nearby and stayed there for a long time thinking of whether I did right or wrong. after a long time, when almost everyone was gone. I stood up and forwarded towards my home thinking -:
    "No matter what happened today. I wont stop helping those who need."

I want as many people to express their views on my experience today, as possible.
    Thank you all.

Shailendra Mishra, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  2. qualityseotools

qualityseotools Peon

Best Answers:
    it's better to be honest rather then ruining one's life with negative thoughts.

qualityseotools, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  3. nups.writer

nups.writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Shailuars

I agree you were extremely lucky but whatever you did was right. Give no second thoughts!!

Frankly speaking you did not return the things to the owners to recieve their Thank you's. Did you?? However silly it may sound right now but You know, I know and we all know that there is a greater power somewhere up there who has taken a note of your good deed today and I'm sure you'll be rewarded some day or the other in someway or the other.:)

Moreover would you be yourself if you kept those things?? Would those things not pinch you? Would you not have a guilt feeling if you would've taken it??

I believe in doing things that make me proud of myself and i personally wouldn't have been so if I stole someone else's stuff. I would be proud if I earn the stuff on my own!!

Cheers
    we need people like you in this world these days.
    :)

nups.writer, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  4. Shailendra Mishra

Shailendra Mishra Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree to you completely, but looking at their behaviour towards a helpful person will encourage honesty?
    I felt more guilt after I returned the things..
    I think this day would be ever memorable for me :)

5. Desdesigner

Desdesigner Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you did a wonderful thing today!! You are an honest and trustworthy person and that is FAR better than anything anyone could have said when you returned their items. Sometimes it is ONLY us who can determine if we are good people, you proved it to yourself today 3 times over! Give yourself a pat on the back and relish in the fact that you are such an awesome person walking this earth.

Desdesigner, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  6. Shailendra Mishra

Shailendra Mishra Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you, that makes me feel good !

7. Shailendra Mishra

Shailendra Mishra Peon

Best Answers:
    Yesterday night (after writing that thread actually ) three bats entered into my room somehow, and that also one by one ( means next one after I get rid of last one). I have never seen any bats in my room ever.
    Should I connect those bats with those three people !!!

WEIRD

Shailendra Mishra, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  8. prosource4

prosource4 Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you did the right thing! People will be people no matter what we do sometimes. Some day they will remember and hopefully do the same for someone else.

prosource4, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  9. Ichigo91

Ichigo91 Guest

Best Answers:
    Erm, This whole story sounds so strange to me... like its made up. The part with the bats doesn't sound realistic at all...

Ichigo91, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  10. nups.writer

nups.writer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea well the bat thing is sounding wierd!!

nups.writer, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  11. Shailendra Mishra

Shailendra Mishra Peon

Best Answers:

:) yes, and it is not part of the story. It is what happened in the night yesterday. there happen a lot of things in whole day, but bats in my room is however not impossible but really starnge, probably a lot of bats must have passed by our house or something! but exactly three got into my room is again strange :eek:

12. EpicServices

EpicServices Peon

Best Answers:
    How do bats just fly into your room? Do you live in a Cabin?

EpicServices, Oct 1, 2009 IP
  13. Shailendra Mishra

Shailendra Mishra Peon

Best Answers:
    I live in an apartment flat. and there is a lot of open space near around. it is quite possible, but people dont expect them..