1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback "I do not have time for it"

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mytechiestuff, Nov 30, 2015.

Why not start the sales page with what any buyer would like to know, which is a brief description of what the site does with any really unique and interesting features of the site?

"Why are you selling the site" is a really lame question and usually gets totally ingenuous replies such as "I do not have time for it".

In other words, the seller says "I have much better projects to work on than this rubbish and you obviously do not, so you should pay me real money to take it away from me"

I may believe that if the seller of the site was Bill Gates, but for all of us normal folks, that is pure bullshit, if you will forgive the profanity.

As usual, repeated requests to make "A description of what a site for sale on DP actually does and if there are any unique and interesting features" a mandatory part of the sales page, continues to fall on deaf ears as far as Shawn and his close advisers are concerned!

mytechiestuff, Nov 30, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The reality is that no matter *what* question you ask the seller, 99% of them are going to leave it blank or put useless answers. The seller can already write anything they want (including removing or changing the default questions). If a seller can't take the time to write a good sales post, there's nothing we can do on our end to force them to. They simply won't make any sales. It's sales 101 really.

digitalpoint, Nov 30, 2015 IP
  3. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With respect, I have been told by many sellers that they list the details of their sites for sale, based on the "usual" format required for the sites for sale on DP ie "why are you selling the site"!!!

May be a little bit of leadership is required here by the powers that be!!!

How hard is it for you guys to say to the sellers, to please let all of us buyers know, what the heck a site actually does and if there are any unique features which make the site just a little bit special ???

mytechiestuff, Dec 7, 2015 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Honestly, I've never heard that from a seller myself. Who exactly did you hear that from? It sounds to me like they are confused. Mostly confused about there *being* a "usual" format (since there is not).

Truthfully, at the end of the day I don't care either way if a seller sells a domain or not. If they are too stupid to try to sell something (anything for that matter) without giving info about *what* they are selling, they probably shouldn't be a seller to begin with. lol

I'm certainly not going to spend my time trying to beg sellers to write better descriptions of what they are selling. If you want to take it upon yourself to do so, I'll gladly give you 100% of the revenue we receive from those sales.

digitalpoint, Dec 7, 2015 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've never sold a site on DP but if I would I can see only two reasons why I'd sell it:

1. I don't have time for it
    2. I just want to make some extra cash (or a lot of cash if the site is busy)

I can't see any other reason(s) why I'd want to sell a site / domain name. With that in mind if I ever wanted to buy a site, I'd assume that the seller was selling his/her site for those two reasons as well.

qwikad.com, Dec 8, 2015 IP
  6. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is a third one.

People make a living buying personal scripts and themes and then install them on dozens of domains. Usually the first sale breaks them even and then it's all profit from there.

This is a bad habit on DP especially. I have reported a few of these sellers, but they still sell the same scripts over and over again.

Matthew Sayle, Dec 8, 2015 IP