1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I deleted a MySQL WP database. I have a back-up files can I retrieve it somehow.

Discussion in 'Databases' started by lowriderzzz, Apr 6, 2017.

Здравейте!

По погрешка изтрих MySQL база данни за един от блоговете ми вместо да я преименувам. Имаше няколко поста в него. Правя ежемесечен бек-ъп на всичко качено хостига, въпроса ми е мога ли да възвърна тази база данни по някакъв начин, че да не ги пиша тези постове на ново.

Блога е WP.

Благодаря!

Hello! By accident I deleted a MySQL database for one of my blogs, instead of renaming it. I had few posts in it. I do regular monthly backups of everything with the cron jobs of my host cPanel.
    The backup comes in a archived .tar.gz file where I have all my blogs and website data.

My question is is there a way to retrieve the certain blog database somehow (not to make a full restore) , so I dont have to rewrite those posts again.

The blog is on WP platform.

Thank you

lowriderzzz, Apr 6, 2017 IP
  2. Scriptechweb

Scriptechweb Member

Best Answers:
    I hope this tutorial would help you to get rid off above mentioned issue:- https://codex.wordpress.org/Restoring_Your_Database_From_Backup

Scriptechweb, Apr 6, 2017 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Contact your webhost. They may have a more recent backup that you can use. Some webhosts, (like where I have my sites) have daily backup system, that you can just click to restore from within cpanel yourself.

To fix this yourself, you need to extract (unzip), the backup file you have.
    I do not have my laptop with me to check this, but the database should be stored under the folder, "var/lib/mysql".

Then you need to go to phpmyadmin, and upload the database -> the guide that scriptech linked to looks good, just follow that.

IF you get stuck. contact your webhost. If they wont fix it, contact me, I am happy to help.

matt_62, Apr 6, 2017 IP
  4. lowriderzzz

lowriderzzz Member

Best Answers:
    Just messaged my hosting. Lets see if they can help and then if they can't I will contact you. Thank you.

lowriderzzz, Apr 7, 2017 IP